Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and dynamic company that employs over 1,900 associates in just over 500 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts. With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are positioned for success.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, The Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and flexible hours.
Exceptional opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
The Cash Store Financial’s Corporate Secretary and Corporate Compliance team has a rewarding and challenging opportunity for an experienced Corporate Legal Assistant. This position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the proven ability to take initiative and complete work independently, accurately and in a timely basis. To excel in this role, you will be detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. You will function as an integral part of the executive assistance team, reporting to the Vice President Compliance and the Corporate Secretary.
- Provide administrative support to the Corporate Secretary’s Office and the Compliance Group.
- Maintain corporate records, including minute books management;
- Assist with Quarterly and Annual Board Meetings, including preparation of meeting materials and post-meeting coordination of tasks etc.
- Assist with Annual General Meetings – coordinate with Transfer Agent for proxies; attendance by Scrutineers; Chairman’s script; newswire agency; venue arrangements;
- Notify Transfer Agent of issuance of Quarterly Dividend (when approved by board);
- Co-ordinate or arrange completion of all filings required by the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges and various Securities Commissions with respect to existing and new listings of the Corporation's securities, dividends, annual and interim reports, securities issuances pursuant to stock options and dividend reinvestment program. Perform SEDAR, EDGAR, SEDI, TSX and NYSE filings;
- Perform reporting for various securities based compensation arrangements, such as Stock Options Plans, and resulting regulatory filings such as Insider Reports, including co-ordinate new or updated underlying agreements and oversee maintenance of appropriate systems and records for same; Notifying insiders of expiring stock options; maintain insider trades binder; filing insider share purchases/sales;
- Analyze outside legal counsel billings and coordinate approval by stakeholders and payment of same;
- Perform or provide guidance on incorporations, amalgamations and dissolutions, including setting up minute books; Annual Returns for all provinces and for Company and all subsidiaries;
- Assist with responses to enquiries from various Federal and Provincial regulators – securities regulators, financial services regulators etc.;
- Provincial Registrations; ensure branch payday licenses, including individual collection licenses are up-to-date;
- Develop and maintain corporate records management;
- 4+ years of Corporate Legal Assistant experience
- The confidence to effectively handle and prioritize competing demands
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with short deadlines
- Comfort taking initiative and working independently with minimal supervision
- Active and engaging as a team participant
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information regarding this role, contact Ashley Ozon, Manager, Human Resources at (780) 809-2215 or if you would like to apply directly to this position, then please forward your resume and cover letter quoting “Corporate Legal Assistant” in the subject line.
Note: All candidates who are offered employment are required to have criminal records check completed.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes Institute.