Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and growing company that employs over 2000 associates in over 570 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are poised for growth. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and flexible hours.
Exceptional Opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
As the Developer you would be responsible for providing technical support in the provision of IM solutions to the organization; including software development and support of in–house software applications.
More specifically, this involves:
- Timely delivery of the latest, high quality technology solutions by collaborating in the design, development, QA testing support, user testing support and deployment of new applciations and enhancements to existing applications;
- Working with various business users to understand, interpret and anlyze business functionalitites and requirements, and transform user needs into systems/applications by proposing solutions that meet user needs and are compatible and interoperable with existing in-house application systems;
- Participating in design sessions that are prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations and information process flow;
- Provide technical experitise to the business and existing systems analysis by ensuring quality application maintenance, assessing for C-SOX and SOX compliance, and collaborating in the planning, design, development, and deployment of systems and applications; and
- Create detailed implementation and back out plans for implementation, and participate in the execution of production implementation processes.
As the ideal candidate you will have some experience with application analysis functions as they relation to design, development and implementation of software solutions, and keep up-to-date on industry trends in software technologies and implementing new as well as existing software applications.
In addition, you will possess:
- Working knowledge and expertise of core software development tools and technologies such as:
o .Net 2.0/3.5/4.0 Framework
o C#, XSLT, ASP.Net, Windows Form, and WCF Web Services development
o Visual Studio (2005 to latest versions)
o SQL Server (2005 to latest versions)
o Designing and working with n-tier architectures
- Proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to support the development process and communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task and deal with changing priorities honed in a fast paced business environment;
- An ability to solve problems independently and as part of a cross functional team environment; and
- A post secondary diploma in programming/system analysis/computer science and at least two years of related work experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity, then we want to talk to you!
You can contact Paul Thorsteinson at (780) 732-5696 or by email quoting “Developer” in the subject line.
Note: All candidates who are offered employment are required to have criminal records check completed.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes Institute.