Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and growing company that employs over 1900 associates in over 570 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are poised for growth. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program and a tuition reimbursement program.
Interested in learning more about us? Click here: http://ebo.workopolis.com/careers/CASH-STORE-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-INC
Exceptional Opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
Our Edmonton Corporate Compliance team is looking for an experienced, outgoing and confident seasoned paralegal who is interested in a rewarding and challenging opportunity. As the successful candidate, you will function as an integral part of the Corporate Compliance team and will interact regularly with a wide variety of professions and disciplines within the Company.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining corporate records and fillings for compliance with federal/provincial/state regulations, including minute book administration, completion of all filings required by the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges and various Securities Commissions, as well as assisting with responses to enquiries from various federal and provincial regulators;
- Coordinating with team members in regards to development or amendment of policies, guidelines, standing resolutions, and services agreements;
- Liaising with legal counsel regarding draft resolutions, agreements, policy amendments, etc. and reviewing, analyzing and coordinating billings from outside legal counsels;
- Coordination of corporate secretarial matters, including coordination of the Annual General and Special Meetings of Shareholders, assisting with interim and year end mailings and voting, performing or providing guidance on incorporations, amalgamations and dissolutions, and performing reports for various securities based compensation arrangements and resulting regulatory filings; and
- General office duties including developing and maintain corporate and compliance document filing systems, contracting database administration and analyzing and preparing reports on branch inspections performed by regulatory bodies.
As the ideal candidate, you must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a proven ability to take initiative and complete work independently, accurately and on a timely basis.
You will also possess:
- Ability to multi-task and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment;
- Available for work outside of regular business hours, where necessary, in connection with time-sensitive project oriented work and ability to demonstrate you are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of corporate paralegal or equivalent experience
- Maturity and confidence to effectively handle and prioritize competing demands and short deadlines with accuracy and high attention to detail;
- A high level of comfort taking initiative and working independently with minimal supervision while still actively engaging as a team participant; and
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity, then we want to talk to you!
You can contact Jolyne Fergueson, at (780) 408-5110 Ext: 5779 or by email quoting “Corporate Paralegal” in the subject line.
Note: All candidates who are offered employment are required to have criminal records check completed.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes Institute.