Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and growing company that employs over 2000 associates in over 570 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are poised for growth. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and flexible hours.
Interested in learning more about us? Click here: http://ebo.workopolis.com/careers/CASH-STORE-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-INC
Exceptional opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
Working from our Edmonton Head Office, the role combines business thinking, analytical skills and technical expertise to perform information analysis and decision support. The Business Intelligence Analyst works with business users and IT professionals in a fast paced environment developing and maintaining data warehouse solutions for a variety of business needs.
The position will also provide subject matter expertise to management, internal project teams or contracted service providers in order to maintain standards, reduce costs, and increase the maintainability of data warehouse applications and reporting processes brought into the environment.
More specifically, this involves:
- As part of the BI team you will strategically design and implement data warehouses, data marts and data stores. Including gathering requirements as part of business analysis, building the data dictionary based on data standards and design/maintaining data warehouse architectures.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for data warehousing in conjunction with data users, department managers and other key stakeholders.
- Monitor data warehouse environments including ETL batch processing, SSIS script execution and other regularly scheduled data warehouse events. Analyze and prioritize issues, recommend possible solutions, and implement based on organizational change and release strategies.
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps in the current data warehouses and ETL processes. Resolve ambiguities and conflicting business/data architecture rules. Gather consensus and propose solutions that meet user expectations and leverage existing technology.
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards and scorecards that track business key metrics. Assist the business user in obtaining the full benefit of these tools.
- Assist with MS SQL performance tuning and automated maintenance tasks as scheduled and operationally required.
- Troubleshoot performance problems and conduct root cause analysis on performance tuning.
- Update documentation or create new documentation for data warehouse architecture and operational processes/procedures.
- Provide estimations of work effort for new and maintenance activities.
- Develop and implement solutions within an ITIL based incident, change and release environment.
- Gain expertise in key business operational data and OLAP reporting.
- Recognized Information Technology training – university/college/technical school or equivalent experience
- Technical experience with databases and data warehousing concepts/tools and proven capability to strategically problem solve using advanced quantitative and analytical skills.
- Experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server).
- Experience with SQL development Fundamentals (Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views)
- Proven abilities for database modeling, design and implementation using SQL Server
- Experience working with conceptual, logical, and physical data models, data flows and databases.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, IBI WebFocus or other BI methodology, data dictionary and meta data management tools.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge extracting data from various large relational databases with SQL queries and OLAP cubes.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, email your resume and cover letter quoting “Business Intelligence Analyst” in the subject line.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please carefully follow the ‘How to Apply’ instructions above to ensure your resume is received for consideration.
Note: All candidates who are offered employment are required to have criminal records check completed.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes Institute.