Why Cash Store Financial? Are you looking for a company to advance your career? Look no further. Cash Store Financial is a well-established and growing company that employs over 1,900 associates in over 500 branches in Canada and the United Kingdom. As Canada’s leader in the alternative financial sector, Cash Store Financial offers many key banking and credit products to our clients who are everyday people; including payday advances, money transfers, cheque cashing, prepaid MasterCards®, and bank accounts.With listings on the TSX (TSX: CSF) and the NYSE (NYSE: CSFS), we are positioned for success.
We offer a fun and fast paced environment, and have a proud history of promoting from within. Backed by first rate internal and external training programs, Cash Store Financial’s career opportunities are second to none in the alternative financial services industry. In addition to exceptional career opportunities, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, a company matching RRSP program, a tuition reimbursement program and flexible hours.
Intersted in learning more about us? Click here: http://ebo.workopolis.com/careers/CASH-STORE-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-INC
Exceptional opportunity. Everyday People. Cash in with us!
As the Data Base Administrator (DBA) you would be responsible for providing technical support for the database environment for Canada, UK and Australian operations, including overseeing the development and organization of the databases and assessment and implementation of new technologies, and would be challenged with ensuring on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. As such, you understand the requirement to have a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
More specifically, this involves:
- Database and SQL server monitoring including on demand backup and recovery;
- Preparing and providing database environments for different phases (DEV, QA, and UAT) of software development;
- Performing capacity planning to ensure sufficient storage for 6, 12 and/or 18 months;
- Developing, deploying and maintaining T-SQL code and ETL processes for upcoming business issues and mission critical data migration processes between platforms as required;
- Designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure for both transactional applications and data warehousing;
- Making hardware and/or software purchasing recommendations regarding SQL Server Database infrastructure;
- Working with Business Analysts and the BA team to analyze the data needs for the new and existing applications and design database models that support growth and scalability;
- Creating and maintaining the Metadata Repository availability, non-repudiation, reusability, etc. and scalability over a period of time;
- Establishing Data Policy and technical solutions for the management, storage, access, navigation, movement, and transformation of data;
- Other operational support functions as required.
As a qualified applicant, you will possess:
- In-depth SQL Server (2000/2005/2008) Database Administration experience where you have worked hands on with production SQL Server database servers and providing 24X7 support.
- A working knowledge of SQL Server tools like Management Studio, Business Intelligent Management Studio, SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience with designing data warehousing architecture and familiarity with Business Intelligence tools like SSIS/SSAS/SSRS.
- Experience working with large enterprise level databases and troubleshooting performance issues such as blocking, dead locking and indexing.
- Knowledge of Windows servers, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations (SAN), and relational database systems (RDBMS) and their concepts.
- Experience developing procedures to continuously monitor database activity to identify and resolve potential performance issues prior to them impacting production applications.
- Proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help support the development process.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language and excellent interpersonal skills to work with various departments and IT personnel as necessary to determine database requirements and design.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with changing priorities.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, email your resume and cover letter quoting “Senior Database Administrator” in the subject line. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please carefully follow the ‘How to Apply’ instructions above to ensure your resume is received for consideration.
Note: All candidates who are offered employment are required to have criminal records check completed.
Cash Store Financial is a proud corporate supporter of the Alberta Diabetes Institute.