Cash Money Cheque Cashing Employee Reviews in Canada

challanging customer service oriented environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 25, 2016
Working with cash money is a challenging on certain busy days, I have learned how to manage the lobby.

The management is very helpful in terms of support that I need for my professional career development.

My co-workers are great to work with, I really enjoy working in the team.

The hardest part of the job is to make the schedule which suites every one's availability.

The most enjoyable part is to manage the store without any supervision and achieve the goals.
Pros
quarterley bonus
Cons
short staff
Fast pace environment with opportunity to grow
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 28, 2016
Fast pace, intense environment. Upbeat and friendly coworkers and clientele. Flexible team who will work around your schedule. Constant opportunity to grow and learn. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent cash handling skills obtained. Great team building environment. Sales driven.
Pros
benefits, steady hours, accommodating, fast pace, advancement
Cons
tiring, difficult clientele
Would not recommend
shift lead, csr (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 18, 2015
Cashmoney was a great place to work with as i learnt how to be concise and accurate with data entry, everyday was a test of patience with the customers but it only made me a better CSR. the advancement in the company is always promised but never followed up on, the emplyee codes are distorted to serve the company and not for any benefit of the employee. overall a decent company to work for but i would not reccomend any one to it.
Pros
bonus, petty cashed lunches, staff outings
Cons
delayed advancement, poor management, low wages, broken promises
great place to work at
store manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJanuary 14, 2016
great place to work at. Constantly moving and constantly changing. I love the job. They do try to balance work with personal life and are highly flexible. The team at this company is great to work with.
Best leadership
Clint Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2016
My manager is not my Boss, he is leader , at cash money they teach you how to be a leader and team work which makes to become a leader.
Excellent customer service
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  2490 Main St. Vancouver B.C.December 23, 2015
fun working, good working environment, good and friendly co-workers. Excellent management. I learned how to communicate different people, building rapport with the clients.
Fast Pase Environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 12, 2015
Fast fun and friendly place with a great attitude and view on client services. Employee development is ongoing for all employees from client service reps to management. There is a lot of daily changes to the way things are done that require attention to detail daily, but as a growing industry that is to be expected. The most rewarding part of the job is being able to provide the best face to face customer service to a variety of individuals as well as coach, train, and develop my team. The duties I performed daily range from front line client services to, preparing, projecting, review, employee development, and follow up. There is always something new to learn and dig into that made the position challenging.
Pros
Benefits, Development, Bonus, Lunches
Cons
Inconsistency, Salary, Schedules
Wouldn't recommend
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 10, 2015
Nowhere to go within the company. This is as dead-end as it gets. Even management is under-paid. Everyone is over-qualified for the job.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Ridiculous hours, micro management, unfair treatment of employees based on seniority
A decent place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2016
On typical day, you would have to find things to keep you busy, There is a lot of paperwork involved depending on your position. I learned many things working there. I learned different sales techniques, time management skills, and became self taught with MS Office. I found working with management some what difficult at times, as they would ask for your opinion and/or advice, only to have it "shot down" without any conversation. If you were not always on board and/or questioned the direction they company wanted to take, you were no longer in their good books. The staff within the branch was more like a family, and like family you will have your ups and downs. After all you did spend most of your time with them if you are a full time employee. One of the hardest parts of the job, was selling debt to people that didn't have choice. There were times that guilt would take over and I would feel horrible loaning people money, knowing they would be stuck in a cycle that is hard to get out of. That was the push from head office, loan the highest amount possible to ensure a repeat customer. There were many fun times before the company was sold to an American company. The old president would come for a visit, remember who you are and take you for dinner. As I mentioned earlier within the branch was like a family, where we enjoy each other stories and jokes.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, flexible hours (for management), outings with head office staff
Cons
long hours, rate of pay, advancement opportunities, no set schedules
Fast Paced Workplace
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 28, 2015
Long hours, very fast pace work environment, 40 hours weekly (full-time) including weekends. Giving loans as well as collecting loans, sending and receiving money by Western Union, issuing money orders and cashing them.
Sucking up ...
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 25, 2015
... is what you have to do to get any recognition. Management and the prospect of advancement are based on favouritism. We had someone deserving, yet a favourite, move up the ladder pretty quickly recently, however in her stead another was to fill her management role that she had to leave behind and the most undeserving, laziest, unqualified person ended up filling that role. In my personal opinion we had many more qualified and deserving people to move up. This person had just recently moved from part-time to full-time and right away got a raise and preferential and consistent shifts. That left the rest of us to work around their schedule pretty much.

On another note, a positive is that if your store performs well then the staff are rewarded, usually with food. Actually, sorry, always with food. All the money put into buying food for the staff could be better used to pad our tiny paycheques at the end of two weeks.

If you're a lifer looking to do menial tasks on a daily basis then this is the job for you. If you're a normal person under any other circumstance I would suggest staying far away.

I am currently looking for a new job.

PS. They will never, ever, ever, ever give OT. And they will sked the lower wage people to work on holidays to save money. These stores are open pretty much everyday out of the year.

Good luck! Apply if you dare.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else.
This company robs people on government assistance.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ontarioOctober 9, 2014
Terrible company to work for. No respect for employees. I was an Assistant Manager at a branch and the expectations are ridiculous for the low salary grade. Manager and district Managers have no business ethic nor integrity. Talk about shady. Terrible that they over loan people to push them into a losing cycle. So disgusted. I quit at 3 months because of the sour morale and shady business practices.
Pros
team environment
Cons
salary, expectations, embarrassing marketing expectations, unattainable targets. manager haggles over conversion point or mastercard sales.
Great place to work. Cares about their employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2014
Typical day at work included reviewing paper work auditing customers files, coaching the tellers and providing feedback.
I learned a lot from this company as they had many different outlets such a s the LEAD Program, Management Development Programs as well as Cash Money University where you could enroll in many different courses. Cash Money always encourages you to develop yourself.
Most people at Cash Money are great to work with.
Over all it was a great experience and I took a lot of knowledge away from this company
Productive and learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioFebruary 22, 2013
Working at Cash Money, I have been able to develop interpersonal skills (dealing with clients effectively and working in a team). The management is really supportive and understanding. They provide constructive feedback and want the employees to learn. Cash Money provides salesmanship, compliance, privacy and respect in the workplace training to all its employees.
I love interacting with clients and building a friendly relationship with them. I get along with all of my co-workers, we work together as a team to achieve the goals and targets of our branch and company.
Everyday I learn something new and different from my managers or my co-workers.
Pros
working environment, management
Cons
not a lot of room to grow, career advancement
Busy and fun place to work
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  BramptonJuly 28, 2014
Working for Cash Money was a constant adventure. From the regular customer to the new ones and right down to the staff, we were always able to make each other smile and feel comfortable. The management was as supportive as possible with the regular stress that the position comes with (pushing sales, meeting targets, motivating a large team). In my two years with this company, I learned that, being able to work as a team is essential. Some of the hardest parts were not always being able to give the customer what they want. Working within the financial industry, there are a lot of good news to shared, but that is followed with equal parts bad news for other customers. As long as the CSR's were able to deliver it with a positive attitude, and reassure the customer that we will do everything in our power to help, it usually turned out alright.
Pros
team members, free lunches
Cons
Fast paced environment with a great team.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2013
I work with a great team and together we've reached amazing goals and broke a few company records revenue-wise. The branch management is supportive and I've learned about financial statements, quarterly reports, training and hiring, and patience and tact.
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
CLIENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 16, 2014
WE HAVE MONTHLY QUOTAS THAT REQUIRE GOOD SALES SKILLS. ALL OF MY CO-WORKERS WEREVERY GOOD AT ACHEIVING THEIR QUOTAS BUTWITH AVERY HEALTHY COMPETITION. WE ALWAYS ENCOURAGE OTHERS AND GIVEVERY GOOD FEEDBACK ON OTHES' PERFORMANCE.
Good learning experience
Full-time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, OnAugust 3, 2012
Cash Money is a customer service driven company where I got to learn new things and obtain new skills. I enjoyed interacting with the customers as well as working with the Cash Money team.
Met interesting people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 13, 2013
This company was far from being organized never had full staff several customer complaints.
Pros
free lunches when we reached our targets
Cons
short staff alot of double shifts.
Very educational within the financial industry
CSR (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, OntarioFebruary 25, 2012
I learned a lot about different subjects within the financial industry.
Pros
great clientel
Cons
swift work made it hard to maintain family life.