Cash Money Cheque Cashing Employee Reviews

Great way to get your foot in the door with a bank
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 March 2017
The amount of liability you take on is not worth what they are paying. Management has not idea what they are doing and tries to be your friend instead of your boss. However, it was the experience I needed to go eslewhere.
Pros
LEARNED A LOT
Cons
DON'T PAY YOU ENOUGH
Fun Workplace
Good coachings
Performance reviews
Shifting every month
Gives accommodations to us
Pros
Quarterly dinner for top performers
Cons
Inconsistent at times
Great Place To Work.
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Excellent work place with a positive, energetic and safe environment, Great management, and offers amazing intensives.Has opportunities for advancement and teaches valuable sales skills and customers service skills.
Not the best environment to work in
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2016
Overall unless you have a great team and good management, good luck. Nobody in HR handles anything, everything is swept under the rug.
Cons
Scheduling is all over the place
Very unorganized.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
Some managers are good, some are terribly lazy.
Should be more uniform in their branches. If you work in different stores business is never done the same.
Pros
Free lunches and great parties
A nice working enviroment and good team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 September 2016
A fun and productive environment and the management was ok and there is a good spirit of team work.
the hardest of the job is that is long hours with minimal or no breaks
Pros
TEAM WORK
Cons
LONG HOURS SHORT BREAKS
Good team players
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 September 2016
CashMoney is a subsidiary company and the parent company is in the States. We need to work hard sometimes to meet the critical deadlines and have worked in a fast paced demanding environment.

I have experienced good team playing and built strong relationship to co-workers. Technically I have learned more advanced Excel skills to do the tasks given and learning something new was challengeable and I have enjoyed the learning processes.

Also my problem solving skills have been developed well for complex issues by uncovering the root cause and applying lasting solutions.

As a team, my co-workers and I have worked well and tried to help or to give a hand whenever we need voluntarily.
Pros
strong relationship to co-workers
Cons
Critical deadlines
Great company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON3 May 2016
Great company to work for, not enough room for advancement for managers. Great operations team and would love to continue to work there but Im underpaid for my experience and position.
challanging customer service oriented environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 April 2016
Working with cash money is a challenging on certain busy days, I have learned how to manage the lobby.

The management is very helpful in terms of support that I need for my professional career development.

My co-workers are great to work with, I really enjoy working in the team.

The hardest part of the job is to make the schedule which suites every one's availability.

The most enjoyable part is to manage the store without any supervision and achieve the goals.
Pros
quarterley bonus
Cons
short staff
Fast pace environment with opportunity to grow
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 March 2016
Fast pace, intense environment. Upbeat and friendly coworkers and clientele. Flexible team who will work around your schedule. Constant opportunity to grow and learn. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent cash handling skills obtained. Great team building environment. Sales driven.
Pros
benefits, steady hours, accommodating, fast pace, advancement
Cons
tiring, difficult clientele
Best leadership
Clint Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2016
My manager is not my Boss, he is leader , at cash money they teach you how to be a leader and team work which makes to become a leader.
A decent place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2016
On typical day, you would have to find things to keep you busy, There is a lot of paperwork involved depending on your position. I learned many things working there. I learned different sales techniques, time management skills, and became self taught with MS Office. I found working with management some what difficult at times, as they would ask for your opinion and/or advice, only to have it "shot down" without any conversation. If you were not always on board and/or questioned the direction they company wanted to take, you were no longer in their good books. The staff within the branch was more like a family, and like family you will have your ups and downs. After all you did spend most of your time with them if you are a full time employee. One of the hardest parts of the job, was selling debt to people that didn't have choice. There were times that guilt would take over and I would feel horrible loaning people money, knowing they would be stuck in a cycle that is hard to get out of. That was the push from head office, loan the highest amount possible to ensure a repeat customer. There were many fun times before the company was sold to an American company. The old president would come for a visit, remember who you are and take you for dinner. As I mentioned earlier within the branch was like a family, where we enjoy each other stories and jokes.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, flexible hours (for management), outings with head office staff
Cons
long hours, rate of pay, advancement opportunities, no set schedules
great place to work at
store manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 January 2016
great place to work at. Constantly moving and constantly changing. I love the job. They do try to balance work with personal life and are highly flexible. The team at this company is great to work with.
Excellent customer service
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  2490 Main St. Vancouver B.C.23 December 2015
fun working, good working environment, good and friendly co-workers. Excellent management. I learned how to communicate different people, building rapport with the clients.
Would not recommend
shift lead, csr (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2015
Cashmoney was a great place to work with as i learnt how to be concise and accurate with data entry, everyday was a test of patience with the customers but it only made me a better CSR. the advancement in the company is always promised but never followed up on, the emplyee codes are distorted to serve the company and not for any benefit of the employee. overall a decent company to work for but i would not reccomend any one to it.
Pros
bonus, petty cashed lunches, staff outings
Cons
delayed advancement, poor management, low wages, broken promises
Sucking up ...
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2015
... is what you have to do to get any recognition. Management and the prospect of advancement are based on favouritism. We had someone deserving, yet a favourite, move up the ladder pretty quickly recently, however in her stead another was to fill her management role that she had to leave behind and the most undeserving, laziest, unqualified person ended up filling that role. In my personal opinion we had many more qualified and deserving people to move up. This person had just recently moved from part-time to full-time and right away got a raise and preferential and consistent shifts. That left the rest of us to work around their schedule pretty much.

On another note, a positive is that if your store performs well then the staff are rewarded, usually with food. Actually, sorry, always with food. All the money put into buying food for the staff could be better used to pad our tiny paycheques at the end of two weeks.

If you're a lifer looking to do menial tasks on a daily basis then this is the job for you. If you're a normal person under any other circumstance I would suggest staying far away.

I am currently looking for a new job.

PS. They will never, ever, ever, ever give OT. And they will sked the lower wage people to work on holidays to save money. These stores are open pretty much everyday out of the year.

Good luck! Apply if you dare.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else.
Fast Pase Environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2015
Fast fun and friendly place with a great attitude and view on client services. Employee development is ongoing for all employees from client service reps to management. There is a lot of daily changes to the way things are done that require attention to detail daily, but as a growing industry that is to be expected. The most rewarding part of the job is being able to provide the best face to face customer service to a variety of individuals as well as coach, train, and develop my team. The duties I performed daily range from front line client services to, preparing, projecting, review, employee development, and follow up. There is always something new to learn and dig into that made the position challenging.
Pros
Benefits, Development, Bonus, Lunches
Cons
Inconsistency, Salary, Schedules
Wouldn't recommend
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 August 2015
Nowhere to go within the company. This is as dead-end as it gets. Even management is under-paid. Everyone is over-qualified for the job.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Ridiculous hours, micro management, unfair treatment of employees based on seniority
Fast Paced Workplace
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 April 2015
Long hours, very fast pace work environment, 40 hours weekly (full-time) including weekends. Giving loans as well as collecting loans, sending and receiving money by Western Union, issuing money orders and cashing them.
This company robs people on government assistance.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ontario9 October 2014
Terrible company to work for. No respect for employees. I was an Assistant Manager at a branch and the expectations are ridiculous for the low salary grade. Manager and district Managers have no business ethic nor integrity. Talk about shady. Terrible that they over loan people to push them into a losing cycle. So disgusted. I quit at 3 months because of the sour morale and shady business practices.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Salary, expectations, embarrassing marketing expectations, unattainable targets. Manager haggles over conversion point or MasterCard sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash Money Cheque Cashing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9