Cash Money Cheque Cashing Employee Reviews

Good team players
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 September 2016
CashMoney is a subsidiary company and the parent company is in the States. We need to work hard sometimes to meet the critical deadlines and have worked in a fast paced demanding environment.

I have experienced good team playing and built strong relationship to co-workers. Technically I have learned more advanced Excel skills to do the tasks given and learning something new was challengeable and I have enjoyed the learning processes.

Also my problem solving skills have been developed well for complex issues by uncovering the root cause and applying lasting solutions.

As a team, my co-workers and I have worked well and tried to help or to give a hand whenever we need voluntarily.
Pros
strong relationship to co-workers
Cons
Critical deadlines
Great Place To Work.
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Excellent work place with a positive, energetic and safe environment, Great management, and offers amazing intensives.Has opportunities for advancement and teaches valuable sales skills and customers service skills.
A nice working enviroment and good team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 September 2016
A fun and productive environment and the management was ok and there is a good spirit of team work.
the hardest of the job is that is long hours with minimal or no breaks
Pros
TEAM WORK
Cons
LONG HOURS SHORT BREAKS
Not the best environment to work in
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2016
Overall unless you have a great team and good management, good luck. Nobody in HR handles anything, everything is swept under the rug.
Cons
Scheduling is all over the place
challanging customer service oriented environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 April 2016
Working with cash money is a challenging on certain busy days, I have learned how to manage the lobby.

The management is very helpful in terms of support that I need for my professional career development.

My co-workers are great to work with, I really enjoy working in the team.

The hardest part of the job is to make the schedule which suites every one's availability.

The most enjoyable part is to manage the store without any supervision and achieve the goals.
Pros
quarterley bonus
Cons
short staff
Fast pace environment with opportunity to grow
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 March 2016
Fast pace, intense environment. Upbeat and friendly coworkers and clientele. Flexible team who will work around your schedule. Constant opportunity to grow and learn. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent cash handling skills obtained. Great team building environment. Sales driven.
Pros
benefits, steady hours, accommodating, fast pace, advancement
Cons
tiring, difficult clientele
Great company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON3 May 2016
Great company to work for, not enough room for advancement for managers. Great operations team and would love to continue to work there but Im underpaid for my experience and position.
Would not recommend
shift lead, csr (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2015
Cashmoney was a great place to work with as i learnt how to be concise and accurate with data entry, everyday was a test of patience with the customers but it only made me a better CSR. the advancement in the company is always promised but never followed up on, the emplyee codes are distorted to serve the company and not for any benefit of the employee. overall a decent company to work for but i would not reccomend any one to it.
Pros
bonus, petty cashed lunches, staff outings
Cons
delayed advancement, poor management, low wages, broken promises
great place to work at
store manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 January 2016
great place to work at. Constantly moving and constantly changing. I love the job. They do try to balance work with personal life and are highly flexible. The team at this company is great to work with.
Best leadership
Clint Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2016
My manager is not my Boss, he is leader , at cash money they teach you how to be a leader and team work which makes to become a leader.
Fast Pase Environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2015
Fast fun and friendly place with a great attitude and view on client services. Employee development is ongoing for all employees from client service reps to management. There is a lot of daily changes to the way things are done that require attention to detail daily, but as a growing industry that is to be expected. The most rewarding part of the job is being able to provide the best face to face customer service to a variety of individuals as well as coach, train, and develop my team. The duties I performed daily range from front line client services to, preparing, projecting, review, employee development, and follow up. There is always something new to learn and dig into that made the position challenging.
Pros
Benefits, Development, Bonus, Lunches
Cons
Inconsistency, Salary, Schedules
Excellent customer service
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  2490 Main St. Vancouver B.C.23 December 2015
fun working, good working environment, good and friendly co-workers. Excellent management. I learned how to communicate different people, building rapport with the clients.
Wouldn't recommend
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 August 2015
Nowhere to go within the company. This is as dead-end as it gets. Even management is under-paid. Everyone is over-qualified for the job.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Ridiculous hours, micro management, unfair treatment of employees based on seniority
This company robs people on government assistance.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto ontario9 October 2014
Terrible company to work for. No respect for employees. I was an Assistant Manager at a branch and the expectations are ridiculous for the low salary grade. Manager and district Managers have no business ethic nor integrity. Talk about shady. Terrible that they over loan people to push them into a losing cycle. So disgusted. I quit at 3 months because of the sour morale and shady business practices.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Salary, expectations, embarrassing marketing expectations, unattainable targets. Manager haggles over conversion point or MasterCard sales.
Great place to work. Cares about their employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2014
Typical day at work included reviewing paper work auditing customers files, coaching the tellers and providing feedback.
I learned a lot from this company as they had many different outlets such a s the LEAD Program, Management Development Programs as well as Cash Money University where you could enroll in many different courses. Cash Money always encourages you to develop yourself.
Most people at Cash Money are great to work with.
Over all it was a great experience and I took a lot of knowledge away from this company
Productive and learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario22 February 2013
Working at Cash Money, I have been able to develop interpersonal skills (dealing with clients effectively and working in a team). The management is really supportive and understanding. They provide constructive feedback and want the employees to learn. Cash Money provides salesmanship, compliance, privacy and respect in the workplace training to all its employees.
I love interacting with clients and building a friendly relationship with them. I get along with all of my co-workers, we work together as a team to achieve the goals and targets of our branch and company.
Everyday I learn something new and different from my managers or my co-workers.
Pros
working environment, management
Cons
not a lot of room to grow, career advancement
Busy and fun place to work
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton28 July 2014
Working for Cash Money was a constant adventure. From the regular customer to the new ones and right down to the staff, we were always able to make each other smile and feel comfortable. The management was as supportive as possible with the regular stress that the position comes with (pushing sales, meeting targets, motivating a large team). In my two years with this company, I learned that, being able to work as a team is essential. Some of the hardest parts were not always being able to give the customer what they want. Working within the financial industry, there are a lot of good news to shared, but that is followed with equal parts bad news for other customers. As long as the CSR's were able to deliver it with a positive attitude, and reassure the customer that we will do everything in our power to help, it usually turned out alright.
Pros
team members, free lunches
Cons
Fast paced environment with a great team.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2013
I work with a great team and together we've reached amazing goals and broke a few company records revenue-wise. The branch management is supportive and I've learned about financial statements, quarterly reports, training and hiring, and patience and tact.
Fast Paced Workplace
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 April 2015
Long hours, very fast pace work environment, 40 hours weekly (full-time) including weekends. Giving loans as well as collecting loans, sending and receiving money by Western Union, issuing money orders and cashing them.
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
CLIENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 June 2014
WE HAVE MONTHLY QUOTAS THAT REQUIRE GOOD SALES SKILLS. ALL OF MY CO-WORKERS WEREVERY GOOD AT ACHEIVING THEIR QUOTAS BUTWITH AVERY HEALTHY COMPETITION. WE ALWAYS ENCOURAGE OTHERS AND GIVEVERY GOOD FEEDBACK ON OTHES' PERFORMANCE.

2.9