Cash Money Cheque Cashing Employee Reviews

informative.
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto11 August 2017
It was an interesting place to work. I learned a lot about myself, my financial capabilities and my career in the financial sector. The training I learned was applicable to all areas of employment.
Cash Money
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
This was a good place to work, the commute was a bit hard as I lived in the north and didn't drive and I worked in the south. However working here was still good, I learned a lot about money and cheques.
The job is okay, management is another problem
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 July 2017
Cash Money has the potential to be a great company to work for, however in certain districts the management team is a nightmare to work for. Some store managers will refuse to work weekends when even though its in their job description and district managers offer no support unless they get penalized for not supporting their staff members. In Oshawa alone there have been 7 employees that have quit, which does't sound like much, but considering there are usually about 22 employees maximum that can leave the work force severely depleted. The reason being sited for such a high turnover rate is management.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hours, Selective Advancement
Typical Fast Food Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2017
Although I enjoyed working at Taco Bell, it's not a job I wanted to, or would have been able to, build a career in. It is a standard Part Time job with rollercoaster hours.
Pros
Food discounts for employees.
Cons
Hours get cut constantly.
Fun workplace
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON13 June 2017
Team was amazing to work with everyone helped everyone. Very cheerful place to work very laid back busy most days excellent benefit and initiatives that go along with a decent pay
good job
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2017
good job, good hours. comparable benefits. culture is good, nice coworkers and positive environment. perks are not great and advancement is hard to come by.
Great way to get your foot in the door with a bank
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 March 2017
The amount of liability you take on is not worth what they are paying. Management has not idea what they are doing and tries to be your friend instead of your boss. However, it was the experience I needed to go eslewhere.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Don't pay you enough
Fun Workplace
Good coachings
Performance reviews
Shifting every month
Gives accommodations to us
Pros
Quarterly dinner for top performers
Cons
Inconsistent at times
Great Place To Work.
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Excellent work place with a positive, energetic and safe environment, Great management, and offers amazing intensives.Has opportunities for advancement and teaches valuable sales skills and customers service skills.
Not the best environment to work in
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2016
Overall unless you have a great team and good management, good luck. Nobody in HR handles anything, everything is swept under the rug.
Cons
Scheduling is all over the place
Very unorganized.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
Some managers are good, some are terribly lazy.
Should be more uniform in their branches. If you work in different stores business is never done the same.
Pros
Free lunches and great parties
A nice working enviroment and good team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 September 2016
A fun and productive environment and the management was ok and there is a good spirit of team work.
the hardest of the job is that is long hours with minimal or no breaks
Pros
Team work
Cons
Long hours short breaks
Good team players
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 September 2016
CashMoney is a subsidiary company and the parent company is in the States. We need to work hard sometimes to meet the critical deadlines and have worked in a fast paced demanding environment.

I have experienced good team playing and built strong relationship to co-workers. Technically I have learned more advanced Excel skills to do the tasks given and learning something new was challengeable and I have enjoyed the learning processes.

Also my problem solving skills have been developed well for complex issues by uncovering the root cause and applying lasting solutions.

As a team, my co-workers and I have worked well and tried to help or to give a hand whenever we need voluntarily.
Pros
strong relationship to co-workers
Cons
Critical deadlines
Great company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON3 May 2016
Great company to work for, not enough room for advancement for managers. Great operations team and would love to continue to work there but Im underpaid for my experience and position.
challanging customer service oriented environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 April 2016
Working with cash money is a challenging on certain busy days, I have learned how to manage the lobby.

The management is very helpful in terms of support that I need for my professional career development.

My co-workers are great to work with, I really enjoy working in the team.

The hardest part of the job is to make the schedule which suites every one's availability.

The most enjoyable part is to manage the store without any supervision and achieve the goals.
Pros
quarterley bonus
Cons
short staff
Fast pace environment with opportunity to grow
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON28 March 2016
Fast pace, intense environment. Upbeat and friendly coworkers and clientele. Flexible team who will work around your schedule. Constant opportunity to grow and learn. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent cash handling skills obtained. Great team building environment. Sales driven.
Pros
benefits, steady hours, accommodating, fast pace, advancement
Cons
tiring, difficult clientele
Best leadership
Clint Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2016
My manager is not my Boss, he is leader , at cash money they teach you how to be a leader and team work which makes to become a leader.
A decent place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2016
On typical day, you would have to find things to keep you busy, There is a lot of paperwork involved depending on your position. I learned many things working there. I learned different sales techniques, time management skills, and became self taught with MS Office. I found working with management some what difficult at times, as they would ask for your opinion and/or advice, only to have it "shot down" without any conversation. If you were not always on board and/or questioned the direction they company wanted to take, you were no longer in their good books. The staff within the branch was more like a family, and like family you will have your ups and downs. After all you did spend most of your time with them if you are a full time employee. One of the hardest parts of the job, was selling debt to people that didn't have choice. There were times that guilt would take over and I would feel horrible loaning people money, knowing they would be stuck in a cycle that is hard to get out of. That was the push from head office, loan the highest amount possible to ensure a repeat customer. There were many fun times before the company was sold to an American company. The old president would come for a visit, remember who you are and take you for dinner. As I mentioned earlier within the branch was like a family, where we enjoy each other stories and jokes.
Pros
free lunches, benefits, flexible hours (for management), outings with head office staff
Cons
long hours, rate of pay, advancement opportunities, no set schedules
great place to work at
store manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON14 January 2016
great place to work at. Constantly moving and constantly changing. I love the job. They do try to balance work with personal life and are highly flexible. The team at this company is great to work with.
Excellent customer service
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  2490 Main St. Vancouver B.C.23 December 2015
fun working, good working environment, good and friendly co-workers. Excellent management. I learned how to communicate different people, building rapport with the clients.