Cash Converters

Cash Converters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
closed down
Buying and Selling rep (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 12, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: negative atompshare
closed down
incurred fines from city
ill managed
lots of problems with customers
nature of the shop brought in lots of indisreable customers
Good
Sales & Customer Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Good place to start when in high school for part time position
The duties and responsibilities are to much for one person to handle, need to hire help
Finance / Store Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: good work schedule, you make your own
Cons: work load is very demanding without clairification.
Ok place to work, management needs to listen to employees, employees need a clear path to take, company needs more help
productive place to work with future advancements as a possibility
Personal Finance Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 7, 2013
Pros: great co workers, location is somewhat close to home
Cons: dealing with customers that aren't always understanding about products/loans
I currently work as a financial CSR and I absolutely love it. Great team, always learning something new and meeting great clients on a daily basis. Feels more like a social outing than actual work, which is the best part, always friendly faces/. I deal with pay day loans and such, so handling money is a task i deal with everyday and anything that I – more... can do to help out the retail side, which i am cross trained for. – less
Fun workplace
Jewellery Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: schedule not flexible
Typical day at work involves greeting customers, selling items, buying merchandise, negotiating prices, and daily store maintenance. This workplace allowed me to gain important customer service skills such as dealing with a wide variety of people and problems. The hardest part of the job is negotiation and turning people down for their items they wish – more... to sell. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with co-workers and discovering new types of merchandise and people everyday. – less
A Day of work at cash converters
Assistant manager (Current Employee), midland and ellesmereJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: very laid back job
Cons: constant 12 hour shifts
I come in to work and do my opening duties.
I typically buy products off customers every day. I learned to meet at a fair ground for purchasing products off customers.
I have made some great friends with co workers and the hardest part of my job would be to not offer a price that meets someone's expectations.
Productive and fun place to work.
Salesman (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: not enough hours
i loved working there lots of different situations would present them self and would help me learn new things.
i found out that i love to do merchandising and that i am a great salesman and i love to work in retail and also how i am a great people person because i am outgoing and love to solve problems and help people.
great learning experiences, with both products and customers
Buyer (Former Employee), BramptonSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: learning, good hours, good coworkers
In a typical day at work I would research product information and pricing interact with customer in both a buying and selling role, what I learned was how to explain to people the value in something in both negotiating buying and selling prices. Management is supportive and there is opportunity for advancement.
cash converters
shop floor manager (Former Employee), Sidcup, ENGDecember 15, 2014
I love working here at cash converters its a good working environment that challenges all aspect of the retail industry its fun and unique the only reason im wanting a change is after 4 years with in this business there is no moving forward and im looking for more responsibility in my role along with a better salary
always something to do
Car Audio Specialist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 3, 2014
Cons: everything
install and test all car audio equipment coming in and going out
No two days are ever the same
Jewellery sales / customer service (Current Employee), Coolangatta, QLDDecember 2, 2014
Pros: the fast work pace makes the day pass quickly
Cons: salary = required overtime
A typical day involves working at a fast pace and being able to multi-task. I have learned to be able to effectively communicate with customers with very diverse backgrounds. At store level the management & co-workers are friendly and approachable.
Exciting Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Durban, ZNNovember 24, 2014
was one of the many salesman and we all had a sales target for each month, which i exceed very well in achieving, all the co-workers got on very well and it was a fun environment to work in with all the competition from other co-workers.
glorified "lads club"
manager (Former Employee), yorkshireNovember 23, 2014
Pros: you are left to think on your feet and deal with many weird and wonderful situations
Cons: you are left to think on your feet and deal with many weird and wonderful situations
Having worked in retail over 20 years and managed stores for bigger companies, I was shocked to see how this company is run.

The company policy changes depending on which area of the business is struggling, managers and staff are treated like pawns by senior management.
Jobs are given not to the best candidate but to either a friend of a friend of – more... management or whoever's face fits at the time.

Training is non existent apart from a week's course at head office where it is evident the trainers have never spent a day working in a store for this business.

HR has no consistency regarding disciplinary procedures and treat head office staff differently to store staff.

Area managers just use bully boy tactics to achieve results, they too have no knowledge of the business in regards to working in store.
Depending on who you know, managers caught stealing or behaving fraudulently are either sacked or promoted. FACT!!!

There are some quality people who work for cash converters, but they are undermined by self important head office management, and because of this they are slowly losing good, honest workers. – less
I am looking for a driving job
General Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dewsbury, ENGNovember 18, 2014
Pros: discount, close to home.
Cons: i found out i don't like working in reatil.
I took on this job at the current time because I needed the money and work. I am now looking for a driving job to suit my skill set and experiance in this type of work.
Forward thinking, Creative minded employees to be Proactive
Shop Retail assistant/Personal Finance (Former Employee), LondonNovember 16, 2014
Pros: vibrant bubbly with a vast variety of cliental with a wide range of needs
Cons: long hours and at times tough dealing with customers in strenuous situations
Cash Converters makes cash advances in return for used merchandise, including electronics, jewelry, musical instruments, tools, and more, which it resells to the public. We as workers on a day to day base would pull expired buy backs a re-sale them onto the shop floor, this including pawned items which where keep up to a period of 6 months. The hardest – more... experience during my time working at this store is being able to relate to the customers needs and having to detach your feeling knowing that customer, at times were selling their children's presents in front of them and having seeing the pain of them having to let go just to get by, day to day life and pay bills.

During my time, I was put on a course where I learned how the business came about, its history as well as various information such as validity of testing gold, cash chequing, rules of pawning and redeeming items an lastly the importance of correct identification. Management and co workers at my time whilst I worked in the store placed where susceptible to creative ideas and ways of working to lower the stresses of consumers when they visited our store in-particular a walm and welcoming environment.

Overall skills I learned whilst I was there business management, handling of money, balancing tills, how to open and close a store and most of all great customer service and strengthen people skills. Another addition I enjoyed having being put under pressure because it showed that I was able to multitask. Their is a positive and negative in every situation and I personally find time pasts faster whilst being and thinking constructively towards colleagues and management as well as customers. – less
productive work place
Sales assistant / PFC operator (Current Employee), hackneyNovember 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new and interesting customers
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work would be cashing cheques that customers have brought in along with issuing loans, I also would help on the sales and buys counter where I would buy items of the public or sell items that we have brought, from management I have learned how to work out our figured using the tracker as well as how to manage the shop and staff, I get – more... along with my co-workers who are hardworking and helpful.

the hardest part of the job would be issuing the loans as you had to make sure the customer could afford to repay the loan and that you are not over loaning the customer causing them to get into more debt, it can be challenging to do loans as when it got busy you couldn't afford to spend more than 20 minutes with each customer. – less
overall a good company to workfor
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGOctober 28, 2014
Pros: work colleagues
Cons: long hours
It was a fun envioment to work in and my co-workers were friendly and helpful. Could be stressful at times but was rewarding, customers were friendly.
demanding, but fun
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Stones Corner QLDOctober 26, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
dealing with customers
everybody loves a bargain
great management
good team environment
hours
meeting all types of people
Personal Finance Manager & ICT Technician (Current Employee), Burnley, ENGOctober 13, 2014
Good place to work, fair long hours but it is reflective in your pay, one advantage to this type of job is that no two days are the same.
Good place to work and alot of regular customers
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Jarrow Tyne & WearSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: rarely got a lunch break
Everyday was different due to myself being trained in all departments within the store from sales,merchandising, jewellery trained in watches,gold & diamonds plus working in personal finance.

1 2 3 4 5