Cash Converters Employee Reviews in Canada

The good, the bad and the ugly
Customer/Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 15, 2015
The good: Amazing place to work if you want to find a good deal for some used items. I found it to be really fun when buying and selling items to and from customers. The people were generally pretty easy going and the staff were equally so.

The bad: Having to chase people on the PDL side of things for over due loans and having to hear the same excuses every week or having them avoid you all together. Inconsistency when buying items. Staff had a range of minimum and maximum prices they could buy for and the numbers fluxuated all the time since there was such a broad range.

The ugly: Management was the worst of all. The district manager was on a power trip and usually showed up at your store to sit in the back room on their computer all day. Never any suggestions on how to better run the store. Some of the store managers were just as bad. Punishing new employees for mistakes by write ups.

All in all the good made up for the bad most days. Sadly most of the stores have closed now. Probably because they weren't consistent in communications with their employees and the ups and downs in the pricing when buying and selling items.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, decent hours, clean up to date store fixtures
Cons
Management, power hungry supervisors and hagglers
A pretty decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 6, 2015
My time at Cash Converters was pretty good. Our manager quit and was never replaced and no employee was moved up to replace her. That created some issues.
Pros
easy
Cons
bad manager
Cashier / Sales Assiocate, cash supervisor
Cashier/Sales Associate, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2014
First place I worked when I first moved to Calgary, Loved it. Best job I have ever had, and great memories made with a great staff, and wonderful boss.
closed down
Buying and Selling rep (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 12, 2014
closed down
incurred fines from city
ill managed
lots of problems with customers
nature of the shop brought in lots of indisreable customers
Pros
money
Cons
negative atompshare
Good
Sales & Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Good place to start when in high school for part time position
The duties and responsibilities are to much for one person to handle, need to hire help
Finance / Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 26, 2013
Ok place to work, management needs to listen to employees, employees need a clear path to take, company needs more help
Pros
good work schedule, you make your own
Cons
work load is very demanding without clairification.
productive place to work with future advancements as a possibility
Personal Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2013
I currently work as a financial CSR and I absolutely love it. Great team, always learning something new and meeting great clients on a daily basis. Feels more like a social outing than actual work, which is the best part, always friendly faces/. I deal with pay day loans and such, so handling money is a task i deal with everyday and anything that I can do to help out the retail side, which i am cross trained for.
Pros
great co workers, location is somewhat close to home
Cons
dealing with customers that aren't always understanding about products/loans
Fun workplace
Jewellery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 10, 2013
Typical day at work involves greeting customers, selling items, buying merchandise, negotiating prices, and daily store maintenance. This workplace allowed me to gain important customer service skills such as dealing with a wide variety of people and problems. The hardest part of the job is negotiation and turning people down for their items they wish to sell. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with co-workers and discovering new types of merchandise and people everyday.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
schedule not flexible
A Day of work at cash converters
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  midland and ellesmereJanuary 9, 2013
I come in to work and do my opening duties.
I typically buy products off customers every day. I learned to meet at a fair ground for purchasing products off customers.
I have made some great friends with co workers and the hardest part of my job would be to not offer a price that meets someone's expectations.
Pros
very laid back job
Cons
constant 12 hour shifts
Productive and fun place to work.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 6, 2013
i loved working there lots of different situations would present them self and would help me learn new things.
i found out that i love to do merchandising and that i am a great salesman and i love to work in retail and also how i am a great people person because i am outgoing and love to solve problems and help people.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough hours
great learning experiences, with both products and customers
Buyer (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 26, 2012
In a typical day at work I would research product information and pricing interact with customer in both a buying and selling role, what I learned was how to explain to people the value in something in both negotiating buying and selling prices. Management is supportive and there is opportunity for advancement.
Pros
learning, good hours, good coworkers