Pros: experience in new recipes, flexible hours and team building environment
Cons: low salary and odd hours
A typical day at work:
- Start at 1700 hrs work until 2300 hrs or later depending on close, come in prepare for the evening shift and cook for customers.
What you learned:
- Learned how to use fryers, ovens and team building experience from working on the cooking line.
- Good management organizational skills and stock are very good and always looked after.
- For the most part young co-workers who all have different personalities and are unique in their own ways. Very friendly people who are always welcoming to new colleagues and make you feel like you're at home.
The hardest part of your job:
- Hardest part of working in the kitchen was the amount of order in the midst of a dinner rush because of all the multi-tasking that is needed to be successful.
The most enjoyable part of your job:
- Finishing the evening shift, chatting with co-workers and preparing food for customers.