Casey's Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Employee welcoming environment
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 11, 2016
Management was great and helped young aspiring professionals achieve their goals. The support system was strong and welcoming. The most enjoyable part was seeing my efforts yielding positive results.
no complains
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2016
I have work here for over two years,very fun and welcoming atmosphere to work. Management is great, i enjoyed working with the people there.Very busy place but thats what makes it fun.
Great people to work with, stressful
Service Manager/Hiring and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Great place if you are looking for a restaurant career. It was not very well organized and head office tries to run the restaurant from their office, which doesn't always work out.
Productive and fun family orientated enviroment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONNovember 29, 2015
Typically I would set up any reservations, seat guests and clean up the tables upon their departure. I've learned a lot about keeping organized and negotiation with guests. Management isn't the absolute best but they try. I find them very unorganized and not always supportive. My co-workers are the best. We are like a family and always try to support each other and work well together. Some of the waitresses are quite hard on us though. My hardest part would be trying to organize reservation and guests, especially those who make reservations on busy nights or expect to walk in and get a table right away. The most enjoyable part is being able to meet the guests and talk to them and learn about them, also taking to my fellow hostesses and learning about them.
Pros
Free drinks, half off food during work and 10% off after. Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Busy nights, Unorganized enviroment
Great place to work with enjoyable staff.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONNovember 9, 2015
In a typical work day I would seat the guest in an organized fashion, clean the tables, complete 'end-of-shift' duties (cultery, garbage etc.).
I learned the value or teamwork and communication. I enjoyed the management and felt that I was always well looked after. My co-workers were positive and made coming to work a pleasant experience. The hardest part of the job was seating the customers in a way that satisfied both them and the servers on duty. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
I liked working here very nice place to start off
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 8, 2015
Casey's was one of my favorite place i worked in a long time they treated me like family everybody was nice.I started as a coop student they took there time with me and also taught me a lot about the business and i was never afraid to give them my all because of it
Pros
the people
Cons
no cons
Great Team and fun loving staff
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 28, 2015
Casey's gave me an opportunity to become a better leader when times were becoming more vulnerable by having associates quit on busy nights evenings.
Caseys
Server (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 30, 2015
Very fast paced environment, great people and guests in the restaurant. I loved bartending and serving. Long shifts but tips were good.
like family
Server (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 29, 2015
This was my first job and while it has it's flaws, it is a great place to work. The staff is like a family, and they are extremely understanding when it comes to scheduling.
good atmosphere, exausting work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Sault ste. marie OnMarch 24, 2015
The work is nice and the people are good. but for a small business they treat there employees poorly. Work is hard and you do not get breaks.
Pros
free lunch
Incredibly fast paced, Lots of people doing different tasks
Prep Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONMarch 15, 2015
Typical day of work consisted of my dishwashing job, Didnt learn anything new. Management was okay at the place i was hired, Co-workers were hard to get along with. Hardest part was keeping up with two fast paced jobs when i was hired for one, free food was the most enjoyable part of the job and it might have happened twice.
Learning experience
Line worker and Dish worker (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, onMarch 12, 2015
Was a positive working environment, always something new to learn and grow with helpful co-workers and employers to help you in the fast moving environment.
Amazing experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 1, 2015
I previously worked for Prime industries at a Caseys Grill and Bar, and I can honestly say it was much more than I ever would have expected. Amazing staff, amazing customers and amazing food. Even under stressful circumstances (Valentines day etc) the crew members, management, as well as the kitchen staff worked as a team to get the job done. The managers were more than willing to work with my unusual schedule and work around injuries and such. As a teenager many people see work as just a place to earn money, I however got so much more out of the job. I can honestly say I have never been that excited to work long shifts, busy shifts, and even slow shifts.
Pros
many new people to meet, great hours, proper management
Cons
stressful at times
fun professional place to work . i learned alot from just being a host there
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2015
I loved working at casey's bar n grill alot i learned to be friendly and how to approach the customer in a good and presentable way. the staff and managers there were really understanding when it came to handling with situations.
My first job
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Working as a hostess at Casey's Bar and Grill was my first job.
Busy location upper management are lifers
Food & Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2014
Was very busy location. Hard to balance admin work with day to day operations.
Pros
free meals
Cons
busy all day long
easy place to work for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 29, 2014
All employees got equal hours. They made sure that everyone know how to prepare each station. Everyone got along even though there was a small area to work in.
Pros
everyone helped eachother, no arguements about anything, always had something todo.
Cons
didn't have enough room to get around in the kitchen
One of my first jobs.
CHEF (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 8, 2014
I started as a dishwasher, I got promoted to pre-ping food, and after a chef. The manager saw greatness in me, and I will always be grateful for that.
Pros
experience
fun but hard work
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 19, 2014
being a dishwasher is not a "fun" job it is easy work although you will be doing the same thing for hours, but you will always have something to do which makes the hours go by quickly, and that's needed seeing how you will be getting a lot of them. environment is good everyone has a good humor so there is always some fun conversation going around in the back.
Pros
easy work, lots of hours
Cons
doing repetitive tasks
Great food and atmosphere.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2014
When I was working at Casey's i met a lot of amazing people, and met a lot of amazing friends.

Casey's Bar and Grill Reviews by Location