Casey's Bar and Grill Employee Reviews

Even mcdonalds is better
Akm (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 January 2017
Poorly run by a kitchen manager who uses and abuses systems. You want to work somewhere your treated like a human being
Even the simplest mistakes will land you being fired here in the kitchener location.. that's why they post an ad every week looking to fill positions,
The worst job I ever had in my life.
Maybe that's a sign that what you think is working really isn't.
Pros
Cons
Waste your life
Overall good place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 October 2016
I love my job there. I really enjoy working in prep. Sadly I need another job to help me out because hours are slowly disappearing. My co-workers are interesting and fun to be around. The hardest part would have to be time management.
Pros
once in awhile a free lunch
Cons
not a lot of business right now
Good overall place to work
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 January 2017
Quality of food was good
Service was well trained
Always busy
Management needs to work on personality
Great connection with staff
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Some managers needed work on their skillset
worst job i ever had
Dishwasher / line cook (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON24 November 2016
the overall experience was not a good one. Management was not a fair one. Expectations were not reasonable and I was expected to do way more than one employee should.
Pros
Cons
all of it
Great place to work!
Head Server / Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2016
Great place to work! Lots of fun. Was a great place to experience and learn. The General Managers were more of mentors then just managers. Made work fun and that motivated the staff to work harder and made them closer as a staff.
Pros
Great team
Fun workplace
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2016
Coworkers were very inviting, Managment was not the greatest, the hours were very un expected, they were also quite low on staff a lot which made game days difficult.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
un expected hours
Employee welcoming environment
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON11 April 2016
Management was great and helped young aspiring professionals achieve their goals. The support system was strong and welcoming. The most enjoyable part was seeing my efforts yielding positive results.
Productive and fun family orientated enviroment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 November 2015
Typically I would set up any reservations, seat guests and clean up the tables upon their departure. I've learned a lot about keeping organized and negotiation with guests. Management isn't the absolute best but they try. I find them very unorganized and not always supportive. My co-workers are the best. We are like a family and always try to support each other and work well together. Some of the waitresses are quite hard on us though. My hardest part would be trying to organize reservation and guests, especially those who make reservations on busy nights or expect to walk in and get a table right away. The most enjoyable part is being able to meet the guests and talk to them and learn about them, also taking to my fellow hostesses and learning about them.
Pros
Free drinks, half off food during work and 10% off after. Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Busy nights, Unorganized enviroment
Great place to work with enjoyable staff.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON9 November 2015
In a typical work day I would seat the guest in an organized fashion, clean the tables, complete 'end-of-shift' duties (cultery, garbage etc.).
I learned the value or teamwork and communication. I enjoyed the management and felt that I was always well looked after. My co-workers were positive and made coming to work a pleasant experience. The hardest part of the job was seating the customers in a way that satisfied both them and the servers on duty. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
no complains
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2016
I have work here for over two years,very fun and welcoming atmosphere to work. Management is great, i enjoyed working with the people there.Very busy place but thats what makes it fun.
Productive and Great starting job in the Restaurant Industry
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON3 May 2013
A typical day at work:
- Start at 1700 hrs work until 2300 hrs or later depending on close, come in prepare for the evening shift and cook for customers.
What you learned:
- Learned how to use fryers, ovens and team building experience from working on the cooking line.
Management:
- Good management organizational skills and stock are very good and always looked after.
Your Co-workers:
- For the most part young co-workers who all have different personalities and are unique in their own ways. Very friendly people who are always welcoming to new colleagues and make you feel like you're at home.
The hardest part of your job:
- Hardest part of working in the kitchen was the amount of order in the midst of a dinner rush because of all the multi-tasking that is needed to be successful.
The most enjoyable part of your job:
- Finishing the evening shift, chatting with co-workers and preparing food for customers.
Pros
Experience in New Recipes, Flexible Hours and Team Building Environment
Cons
Low Salary and Odd Hours
Great people to work with, stressful
Service Manager/Hiring and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
Great place if you are looking for a restaurant career. It was not very well organized and head office tries to run the restaurant from their office, which doesn't always work out.
Amazing experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON1 February 2015
I previously worked for Prime industries at a Caseys Grill and Bar, and I can honestly say it was much more than I ever would have expected. Amazing staff, amazing customers and amazing food. Even under stressful circumstances (Valentines day etc) the crew members, management, as well as the kitchen staff worked as a team to get the job done. The managers were more than willing to work with my unusual schedule and work around injuries and such. As a teenager many people see work as just a place to earn money, I however got so much more out of the job. I can honestly say I have never been that excited to work long shifts, busy shifts, and even slow shifts.
Pros
Many new people to meet, great hours, proper management
Cons
stressful at times
Busy, Fun Place
Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 May 2012
A typical day at Casey's would be taking care of customers hunger and quenching their thirst. It is very fun especially with the people I work with. There is never a dull moment with lots of laughs. I have learned to be more easy going as this is what makes people happiest. The management staff is amazing and they make it a good place to work. Hardest part of the job would have to be doing things quicker for faster turnover but you can't always rush people so its sort of out of our control. But the most enjoyable part is learning about people and having nice friendly conversations with customers, co workers and management.
Pros
half price food!
Cons
n/a
good franchise organization
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton21 December 2012
Part of Prime Restaurant Group, good support from home office and good franchisee's make this a good management position.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Incredibly fast paced, Lots of people doing different tasks
Prep Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON15 March 2015
Typical day of work consisted of my dishwashing job, Didnt learn anything new. Management was okay at the place i was hired, Co-workers were hard to get along with. Hardest part was keeping up with two fast paced jobs when i was hired for one, free food was the most enjoyable part of the job and it might have happened twice.
FLEXIBLE HOURS, FREEDOM TO LEARN, CASUAL OFFICE
BOOKKEEPER/ OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON16 July 2012
BEING A OFFICE MANAGER .SOMETIMES OPENED THE RESTAURANT AT 8:00 AM. CHECKED SERVERS CASH REPORTS,BALANCED WITH DAILY SALES,ENTERD SALES IN THE COMPUTER. PAID BILLS, WEEKLY ROYALTY REPORTS,ENTERD PURCHASES, BI-WEEKLY PAYROLL, MONTHLY FINANCIAL REPORTS.
Pros
free lunch, excellent hours
Cons
no health benefits
I liked working here very nice place to start off
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2015
Casey's was one of my favorite place i worked in a long time they treated me like family everybody was nice.I started as a coop student they took there time with me and also taught me a lot about the business and i was never afraid to give them my all because of it
Pros
the people
Cons
no cons
Game of quick skills , positive attitude and fast pace like Table Tennis
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  200 Dundas street east , Toronto ON15 May 2012
A day begin with targets of the day,week and month and comaprison reports of last year week,month and year to date.
Freshness comes alive with first customer and surprisingly stays and builds up more and more with each new one.
Courteous and energetic staff,quick and swift moves with proactive thinking and anitcipate guests needs is key objective here.
The hardest part of the job is when "I have to apologize for food and service not liked by guests" and most enjoyable part is when same guests comes back again to be served.
Pros
creative thinking, innovation, fast pace, quick decision, ambiguity.
Cons
more hours at work
doing prep work
prep cook (Former Employee) –  kenora ontario17 February 2012
was doing prep work for the kitchen to do the cooking and then working on the line when it was busy
Pros
free lunches, benefits, and health care
Cons
no breaks, changing the owners to much

Casey's Bar and Grill Reviews by Location