Bilingual (English & French) International Meeting Planner
Cascadia Motivation is looking for two outstanding "A" player Meeting Planners / Group Travel Managers who we define as a person who is in the top 10% of their profession. We are looking for exceptional people who truly want to provide exceptional experiences, service and professionalism for our clients. The positions, which are available immediately, will be located in our head office in Red Deer, Alberta. Candidates must currently be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Our company organizes international meeting and incentive travel travel programs for corporations from across Canada. Cascadia Motivation Inc. is a full service performance improvement firm, leading our industry in client success, relationship building, loyalty marketing, event and conference design and incentive travel. Our breadth of knowledge and experience is unbeatable; our client list is impeccable.
We have organized corporate travel programs that have included a private lunch on the Great Wall of China, a celebration banquet in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, a private Rock Concert with a dinner and laser show at the Pyramids in Egypt, a Private Sailing Regatta in Sydney, Australia, a private Cirque show in St. Petersburg, Russia amongst the many memorable, once in a lifetime events and programs we have operated in over fifty countries around the world. We have organized groups from fifty people to over 6,000 people.
We have organized programs to such destinations as:
Europe - Barcelona, Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London, Monaco, Munich, Paris, Prague, Rome, St. Petersburg, Venice and Vienna.
Asia - Bali, Beijing, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Osaka, Shanghai, Singapore, Thailand and Tokyo.
South Pacific - Auckland, Brisbane, Cairns, Fiji, Melbourne, Sydney and Tahiti.
South America - Buenos Aries, Rio De Janiero, Santiago and Venezuela.
Mexico - Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta.
Central America - Costa Rica and Panama.
Caribbean - Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Saint Lucia and St. Thomas.
United States - Big Island of Hawaii, Chicago, Honolulu, Kauai, Los Angeles, Maui, Miami, Napa Valley, New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Orlando, Palm Springs, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Scottsdale, South Carolina and Tampa.
Cruises - Alaska, Caribbean, Europe, Greek Isles, Hawaiian Islands, Mediterranean, Mexico.
Canada - Yes we even do programs throughout Canada although over 95% of our business is outside of Canada.
Whether the programs are Incentive Travel, Meetings, Conventions, Conferences, Retreats or Continuing Education we provide our clients with exceptional experiences in exceptional destinations.
- Preference for those with a Bachelors or other University or College degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Preference to those with a Certified Meeting Planner or Certification in Meeting Management designation
- Experience in effectively handling multiple projects
- Knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Decision making ability capable of making quick, yet thoughtful decisions
- Attention to detail
- Deadline and results oriented
- Able to work independently demonstrating initiative and resourcefulness
- A team player with strong listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Brief Description of Responsibilities
This position is titled Travel Operations Manager within Cascadia Motivation. The Travel Operations Manager is responsible for and has the authority to ensure that all customer service policies and procedures are established and met to support Cascadia Motivation Inc. and our clients’ mutually agreed upon travel, meeting and convention programs. The scope of this position includes:
- Negotiate and contract hotel group rates and air fare rates
- Where required, research new destinations and amenities
- Co-ordinate, manage, negotiate and contract off-site events and/or activities for groups
- Co-ordinate, manage, negotiate and contract rates for dinner functions, theme parties, meetings and conventions for groups at the selected destination
- Plan and co-ordinate meeting logistics, audio visual requirements, lighting, décor, etc. at the selected destination
- Co-ordinate and manage arrivals and departures for groups
- Co-ordinate, negotiate and contract Destination Management Company services where and as required
- Co-ordinate and manage hotel check in/out procedures; room allocations; special client requests for groups
- Manage and follow-up group registrations for programs
- Assist other team members with group programs as required
- Manage and co-ordinate group insurance as required
- Package and ship ticket wallets with all pertinent and time sensitive information
- Diarize and process payment requests for all aspects of group program with finance department
- Invoice group participants for non-group related activities
- Co-ordinate and manage extensions and deviations at the selected destination for group participants where and as required
- Record, manage and account for group expenses
- Maintain group profitability
- Organize and set up the travel binder for On-Site Manager
- Oversee and assist, where required, with promotional mailers
- Correspond with the client in a timely and professional manner via e-mail, phone or fax
- Where and when required, travel with the group to the selected destination
Salary will be dependent upon experience and a full benefit program will be included. Since we are looking for an "A" player we will ensure that your compensation matches your ability. We believe the best need to be rewarded.
Chief Operating Officer
Cascadia Motivation Inc.
Red Deer, AB