The Quality Assurance Analyst will act as a member of the IT Business Systems Team, reporting to the Manager, ITBS Delivery, to take on the growing responsibilities relevant to the quality and coordination of business processes and business systems.
The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the quality assurance testing by defining, developing and implementing quality assurance practices and procedures. This is inclusive of but not limited to Third Party Software, In-house software, documentation and standard operating procedures. In addition the position will work closely with business analysis resources to maintain a continuous improvement lifecycle.
As a member of the IT Business Systems team, the Quality Assurance Analyst is also expected to participate in general IT Technical Support.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Works with IT to conduct testing to meet project timelines.
- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures and end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Coordinates with End User Community for all aspects of User Acceptance Testing.
- Participates in specifications review, test planning, creation and execution of test cases.
- Interface directly with team to measure quality throughout the entire SDLC.
- Coordinate all bug-fixing activity with developers.
- Testing of SQL and using simple commands to pull data from databases to interpret results.
- Responsible for raising risks and communicating issues as early as possible in the SDLC.
- Ensures the development lifecycle is managed from research through to deployment.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of program users.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
IT Technical Support
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or five (5) years equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of technical terminology and concepts, and the ability to translate same into broad-based and audience-specific end user documentation
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills that can be used to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences using different media
- Have 4–5 years of experience in Software QA Testing and preparing and executing test cases, scripts and scenarios
- Good exposure to Business Analysis tools and methodology
- Experience in databases and database applications (SQL Server/MySQL)
- Strong Understanding of Databases, Master Data Standards, and Information Systems required.
- Ability to write simple queries in C/C# a strong plus.
- Basic Understanding of Accounting and Financial Terminology and Principles
- Must be able to communicate (speaks and writes) in a clear, direct fashion to dissect information and deliver effective documentation in a logical, readable manner, particularly to deliver technical requirements or information to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of project management software required
- Work experience with AS400 based systems and Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) or using ETL tool/s will be considered a plus
- Ability to learn new applications and skills quickly
This position will offer a starting salary in the $50,000 - $53,000, with further increases based on experience and performance. A Compnay benefits package and performance bonus are also offered.
If you are interested in a career with an organization that makes a difference to the environment and is committed to its employees, please respond by submitting a cover letter and a detailed resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to business constraints only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cascades Recovery Inc. is in the business of managing discarded materials. We recover materials that would otherwise go to landfill. These...