Cascades Recovery Inc. is in the business of managing discarded materials. We recover materials that would otherwise go to landfill. These recovered materials are then used to create new products. With material recovery facilities located in Canada and the U.S., we are one of North American’s largest collectors, processors and marketers of recyclable materials. We handle over 1.56 million tons of recyclable materials annually.
As an Industrial Engineer/Operations Analyst with the Company you will be responsible for participating in continuous improvement projects, time studies, numerical/statistical analysis of plant and logistics operations, plant/equipment design and layouts.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily production metrics review
- Support for plant managers and supervisors in quality, efficiency and resource management
- Maintenance of AutoCAD drawings of multiple plants
- Time studies and data analysis
- Design of solutions and project plans
- Design of processes, layouts, and databases/reports
- Follow up on implemented programs such as plant review, quality control and inventory control
Also assists with large scale bids or tenders for haulage and processing contracts. This includes, but is not limited, to the following:
- Research of new technology and equipment
- Statistical analysis
- Technical design of operations (equipment, manpower, health & safety, quality, etc.)
- Preparation of all documentation as per the instructions in the Request for Bid/Tender
- Organization of information from multiple sources
- Completion of a diploma and/or degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program in Canada
- Must have very strong computer knowledge with advanced MS Windows, Excel, Word and AutoCAD skills
- Basic knowledge of computer programming is an asset
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices is an asset
- Oral and written communications, organizational and problem solving abilities and a willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be self motivated and possess excellent planning skills
- Ability to work well with teams and provide leadership
- Minimum of 1 year experience required in a technical position. Work experience in a related industry (trucking and/or waste hauling) will be an asset.
This position offers a starting salary in the $40,000 + range and a Company paid benefits package.
If you are interested in a career with an organization that makes a difference to the environment and is com¬mitted to its employees, please respond by submitting a cover letter and a detailed resume. Please include the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to business constraints
only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.