Cascades Recovery Inc. is in the business of managing discarded materials. We recover materials that would otherwise go to landfill. These recovered materials are then used to create new products. With material recovery facilities located in Canada and the U.S., we are one of North American’s largest collectors, processors and marketers of recyclable materials. We handle over 1.56 million tons of recyclable materials annually.
The IT Service Desk support function is a single point of contact for managing incidents and service requests from end users. This IT function will also serve as an interface to associated functions such as Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Configuration, and Service Level Management in order to improve customer satisfaction and identify other business opportunities. The role of the Service Desk Application Specialist is to execute the day-to-day tasks of the Service Desk function. This role is primarily involved in the whole lifecycle of incidents or service requests from receipt, detection, and discovery to resolution and closure.
The Key Responsibilities of the position include:
- Field incoming incident and service requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of incident or service request.
- Build rapport and elicit incident and service request details from end users.
- Keep affected users informed about progress resolution and recovery and perform post-resolution follow-ups.
- Classify, prioritize, schedule, or escalate incident or service request (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the incident and service request resolution and completion process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Discover and associate incident or service request with any existing SLA, CMDB, Change, and Release Management records, and other affected IT components
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future incidents and problems.
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Provide technical support with corporate AS/400 financial applications
The successful candidate should possess:
- A diploma or degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
- CompTIA A+ Certification and/or other relevant certifications are highly desired.
- 4+ years experience in application and desktop support in a multifaceted IT environment.
- Application support experience with Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, MS Office 2010, MS Outlook 2010 and Citrix XenApp.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. French is an asset, but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Ability to cope effectively with stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The ability and willingness to take on and share a variety of responsibilities as they arise.
- Knowledge of common network terminologies/topologies.
- Real passion for computer technology with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and use new applications and tools quickly.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
This position offers a starting salary in the $40,000, with further increases based on performance. A benefits package and profit sharing are also offered.
If you are interested in a career with an organization that makes a difference to the environment and is com¬mitted to its employees, please respond by submitting a cover letter and resume.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Cascades Recovery Inc. is in the business of managing discarded materials. We recover materials that would otherwise go to landfill. These...