Cascades Recovery Inc. is in the business of managing discarded materials. We recover materials that would otherwise go to landfill. These recovered materials are then used to create new products. With material recovery facilities located in Canada and the U.S., we are one of North American’s largest collectors, processors and marketers of recyclable materials. We handle over 1.56 million tons of recyclable materials annually.
We are currently looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and career-oriented individual to join our Sustainable Materials Management Group as an Environmental Coordinator.
The core duties of this position are to:
1. Conduct, acquire, plan, perform and oversee waste audits based on established procedures and within relevant industry guidelines.
2. Provide environmental awareness and program recommendations, as well, include the preparation, performance, and follow-up phases of assessment, audits, material reports, internal projects, and client service requests.
3. Compile facility profiles and establish a system or objective target setting with clients. Develop and coordinate action plans for meeting and exceeding established goals. Work with clients to ensure initiatives and programs are successfully implemented.
4. Work as a member of the Sustainable Material Management Group for audit preparation, facility profile consolidation and reporting.
5. Compile and prepare Diversion Reports for our client base.
6. Ensure that all Cascades Recovery Inc. personnel and departments involved in the Recovery …PLUS™ Program are adhering to program procedures.
Position Requirements Include:
- Must have completed technical school, college or university education in Environmental Science/Studies, Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- A recent graduate; previous related experience in waste auditing or related work would be an asset.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation would be a definite asset.
- Must be highly proficient with various computer programs (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent project and time management skills to complete projects within assigned deadlines.
- Must be well organized and maintain a keen attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
Must be able to travel using own reliable transportation as required to visit operating and customer locations. Requirement for hand sorting of post-consumer/post-commercial/post-industrial waste materials while adhering to stringent health and safety requirements. Lifting up to 20 - 25 kgs on occasion.
If you are interested in a career with an organization that makes a difference to the environment and is com¬mitted to its employees, please respond by submitting a cover letter and current resume by e-mail. Please include the job title in the subject line.
We offer a competitive starting salary, Company paid benefits and profit sharing.