Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The best job I've had...so far!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 29, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and managers, discounts, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours, no full time positions for sales associates, no benefits
It's only been about a month since I started working at Carter's, but I love it! It's a really relaxed environment, and my managers and co-workers are really nice. They aren't snobby like a lot of retail managers and co-workers tend to be. They are very helpful, kind and organized. I like that I can talk to them about anything and they aren't scary – more... to approach.

1. Once I've started my shift, I step out to the cash register desk and check the schedule starter to see which area I've be placed in. I read about any promotions or sales that are going on, what our sales goal is for the day, and my manager(s) tell me what's going on in the store or if there are any things they need me to do for that day. Once that's cleared up, I get on the floor and work on my duties, help customers, and just maintain a clean work environment.

2. I've learned how to have better people skills and how to be comfortable approaching customers. I used to be really nervous and scared to talk to customers, but now I'm not afraid anymore. I have developed better people skills, and now I'm more confident with striking up a conversation with just about anyone.

3. Management is good, no, actually, it's excellent! My managers are very well organized and friendly. I can talk to them about anything, they actually care about their employees, and they are always there to help. Of course I don't speak for the management in general for every Carter's location, but my specific location has good management.

4. My co-workers are awesome! They are very friendly and helpful. I enjoy working with them and I find that majority of them are very mature and fun. There's rarely any foolish drama.

5. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with "price accurate" customers. I'm sure this happens at just about any retail store, but sometimes it becomes very frustrating dealing with customers that can't understand the sales and promotions. Having to constantly double check prices and explain the promotions over and over and over again can get tiring pretty fast.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing excited parents come in and find clothes for their kids. It's nice being happy for the mothers to be and the fathers to be, as well as being happy for the parents of (insert number here)

Overall I really enjoy my job and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. – less
Carters Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, OHOctober 14, 2014
When I worked at Carters I was mainly a cashier and delivered customer service while maintaining the stores appearance. I also sometimes did the opening/closing financials and inventory.
The hardest part of the job was working different hours every week and there was never enough hours to go around to all team members.
Working at Carters, Porirua
Stocktake, Shelfsorting (Former Employee), TawaOctober 5, 2014
I learned allot about different construction materials and i also learnt how to do stock-take and shelf sorting.
I also learnt a bit about how trucking deliveries work in the construction industry.
The environment of the store was homely and gave a very positive vibe.
I enjoyed my entire time there and met allot of great friendly people.
Eh..
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Dalton, GAOctober 4, 2014
I would not work here again. Just about everything was poor.
Cool environment
Associate (Former Employee), Texas City, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Hardest part of the job was standing all day long. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Good company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Novi, MISeptember 26, 2014
Good work/life balance and a very friendly workplace.
The company give you opportunities to advance and values their employees greatly.
No support from the Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYSeptember 26, 2014
I was promised a work life balance because it's family" oriented company. I've been there a year and have 108 hour of banked PTO that I have not been able to use. Plus the countles weeks I've worked 43 hours +
Fun work place!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits, extensive training material
Cons: advancement opportunites limited
This is a great company to work for. In total, I have been with Carter's/Oshkosh for 7 years. I went MIA for a short while and found my groove again with the company, shortly after returning from Europe. I love talking to people, helping our customers find that special something for their grandchildren, nephew, etc. We have a specific customer that – more... comes to shop with us. Our clothing is high-quality and long-lasting. I absolutely love doing floor sets, giving the store a "make-over" when new seasons come around. – less
love it!
Supervisor (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, flexibility, fun atmosphere
Cons: shoplifters
I love working for Carter's! The hours and pay are pretty typical for retail. I love the customers that shop in our store and this has been one of the most enjoyable jobs that I have had in the retail business. My co-workers are awesome and I have made some life long connections.
it's a nice place to work for if you loved children like I do.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Tualatin, ORSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: sometimes you have to wait 5 hours to get lunches when you're the opening manager.
A typical day at work is hectic. As an assistant manager I open or close the store. My shift varies, most of the time I am the closing manager. When I open the store, I check our E -time for missed punches, I entered all missed punches, then I opened all email from the corporate office to print all the important paper works and daily sales goal. I made – more... the daily sales planner for the day and made sure that who ever is scheduled for that day will get their to do list. I also prepare tills, received freights and processed them and prepared them for the sales floor. I assisted customers with the products they are looking for, and I also ran the registers. As a closing manager I made sure that the sales floor is recovered and that all merchandise are folded neatly or hang by sizes, and all returns are put away in their proper places. My co workers are good people, the hardest part of my job is lifting 30 to 60 boxes to be processes, some are light 25lbs and some are 50lbs. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist customers with kids find what they're looking for. I loved helping customers. – less
picker and packaging
picker and packaging (Former Employee), Pendergrass, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: always did giveaways and you can leave during break to get food
Cons: shortbreaks
The job itself here is easy. I caught on pretty fast. The management there was okay they had their favorites of course. My co-workers we very nice and were willing to work with you. The hardest part of the job was walking all the isle up and down for 8 hours because they were long isle with a lot of items to pick, but I'm always determined and willing – more... to get the job done whatever it takes. – less
Positive Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Carter's had great employees that conveyed a sense of safety and positivity.
Shipping Dept
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Braselton, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: well good relationship
Cons: short breaks
Meeting and Setting Goals .Developing productive Sulution . Developing strong relationship with customers, Advancing programs to promote the institution.
Creating innovative process to promote the company goals.
community relationship, Internet Marking and computer skills good
developing marketing program.Commited and Organized
Fun and friendly environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Watchung, NJSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work was greeting customers and providing excellent customer service to our clients, while also maintaining a clean environment. I also worked with the cash register, promoted new sales and promotions in the store. I enjoyed working in the store because I love children and it was a very friendly environment to work in.
Fast paces work environment
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 14, 2014
Pros: close to home, pay is decent, atmosphere is nice
Cons: no room to grow, no set schedule
A typical work day would involve opening the registers, ordering supplies, printing email, filling out the daily planner with our sales goal and to do lists. Delivering customer service and being outwardly friendly. Instruction associates what to do, time frames and personal goals.

I've learned that it takes a certain person to be able to work retail.

Management, – more... though I am part of it, is a bit disorganized in general. There needs to be some sort of balance between roles.

My coworkers are hard working and fun. They make the job enjoyable everyday, like a family environment. – less
Productive environment
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Darby, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: companionship
Cons: helping the elder
Caring and helping a elderly patient was a great experience knowing that I contributed to his every day needs
distribution warehouse in ga
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Pendergrass, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: cant get hired on permanant until there a year or more.
your always on standby for mandatory overtime every seven days of the week every week and your given very little notice about it. Mandatory overtime is 75% of the year. Sounds great at first but wears your body down if your not fit and you have no life outside of work. They don't provide enough work materials for each person to do their job and over – more... hire making conditions crowded. Despite being crowded or not having the materials needed to do your job your expected to make a quota which is high. its like jogging for ten hours straight with no breaks. if you have no cart its like jogging with two weights you have to hold onto because you have to hold onto a box all day without resting. Management could care less about the people. Nice enough folks but don't care one flip about you. They are only interested in the bottom line and how to get it. If you say anything about anyone that gives you problems or others you have a bad attitude as it is to inconvenient for them to resolve the issue. They fire people daily for not making quota and not showing up. Your given points but you use them up by not going in twice. (before 90 days ) after its four days. – less
fun, good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terrell, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: not very many hours
best first job
not very good hours
fun place to work
good managers
professional
Interaction with customers and wonderful children
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILJuly 31, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not enough hours
Their is a lot to do. Marketing, sales change, inventory, mark downs etc. Very nice team. everyone is friendly.
Leadership
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 25, 2014
Pros: development in my staff
Cons: n/a
I have to say my employees are the best. I enjoy on the spot coaching and helping my staff succeed. Seeing them grow and develop is amazing. They all are comfortable to come to me with any problems or concerns they have and if I do not have an answer I will make sure I go above and beyond to get them the answers. I also enjoy role playing. I myself – more... am a visual person, so I believe it helps role playing and acting for the employees to fully understand. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Carters, Inc

The william carter company was founded in 1865 by william carter in needham, mass. it is one of the oldest and largest branded – Read more