Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 April 2017
Retail is long hours with little pay. They want you to live at the store always be available for them and give you as little pay possible with no Benefits
Pros
Good discount
Cons
great customers, love the clientelle and helping with baby and children clothing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 March 2017
Most days there is always something to be done. Stock, customers, markdowns. General maintenance of the store.

Customers are generally friendly and looking for advice for baby gifts or clothing sizes.
Terrible - Overworked and under paid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
No raises regardless how long you've worked with the company. No support or resources for management team. Completely overworked with the amount of product delivery pumped into the store. Demands are high from head office. Only focused on higher sales and opening new stores while the employees are over worked without any appreciation. Head office human resources is a complete utter joke with no support or accountability for decipline for associates that are not performing. No such thing as work life balance with this company. Disappointing seeing how it's a children's store. Huge turnover as employees get completely burned out.
Cons
No support for managers at store level
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 February 2017
Note to head office.. unless you start treating your store managers with some value you will always have a revolving door and no retention. This is a review from Alberta, there seems to be a HUGE disconnect between the Eastern provinces and those in the West. Note to Regional managers, get to know your management team and be a leader not a manager. People work for people not organizations...
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
productive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Oshkosh is a great place work. Learned a lot of new things. Management is good, very considerate in giving out shifts and hours. Friendly team and customers.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with at Carters, except for the manager. She was not accommodating when it came to school, ( Why I had to leave), and she plays favourites a lot of the time.
Enjoyable moments, smiling clients and great work effort among team members!
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Saint-Sauveur (70)16 January 2017
A typical day at work was started with positive feedback and positive criticism as well as the preparation for a day`s work ahead. Smiling clients arrive and we help them with anything they need from sizes, colors, and fashion advice.
busy store
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
Got a lot of stocks everyday which make the stockroom overflown.
Had an opportunity to work in a retail store and I enjoyed a lot of my time working here
Work Place
Manager in Training (MIT) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 December 2016
Not a very nice place to work. Management was nice, but the over all environment was a bit stressful. A little bit unorganized, childish actions were at place
meh
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
Job was great when the store was busy, during the dead hours you as an employee had to wander around aimlessly in your zone unable to be stationary even if there were no customers in the store. When customers entered your zone you approached them with a hello and see if there is anything you could help them with, if not you leave them be and come back in 5-10 minutes or if you see that a certain item has caught their attention, if your customer wants to purchase we would check if there was anyone at cash to help them or a line up that could be shortened by having both tills going simultaneously, if there is no one at cash we would attend to our customer from start to finish.
Pros
discount on carter's|oshkosh items
Cons
not enough hours, dead times, stuck in a single zone like greet all the time.
Amazing place to work
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 November 2016
I truly love working here. But I do not enjoy the shifts with a possibility to start earlier due to if you cant come in due to plans they do not like that. You have to be able to go to work if the schedule says you might start earlier then those days you can not make any plans.
Pros
Lots of hours when busy. Amazing coworkers.
Cons
Long Hours, when slow and no new stock, can be boring
It is not worth it to work for this company
Manager in Training (Key Holder) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 October 2016
the manager and coworkers really good
district manager unfear, and did not promote from within the company.
They are working you like a slave but when it comes to raising the pay rate it takes forever to give you few pennies
Pros
have fun with coworkers, because we needed to, otherwise you cannot resist
Cons
pay rate really low but with lots of responsibilities, no benefits
Carter
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 September 2016
The last place I worked was called carter. It was a general labour job making 15.00 an hour. The location of carter was in Brampton Near highway 50. I was making metal panels that go onto big building!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  south common edmonton6 August 2016
Co-workers are helpful, so we are a team. But when managers are present environment become unbearable.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no appreciation
No recognition
manager-in-training (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 July 2016
lots of work , not enough appreciation
never got a raise except for minimum wage raise
not enough staff thus, have to do 3 people's job
lots of paperwork and they are repetitive
not enough money for the amount of work
Pros
Cons
long hours, not enough pay, not enough staff, lazy management
Bad Management!
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 June 2016
Terrible company to work for.
I was there for almost 5 yrs and had more managers and DMs and RMs than I can count.

Be wary working here, you will be underpaid and unappreciated
Pros
Discount
Cons
Schedule changes frequently.
peacefu; work environment with friendly staff
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
At Carters its always nice to work with friendly and reliable co-workers and for a company that is stable and provides with a positive and peaceful environment so that the employees could easily concentrate on customer service and also be productive through their day at work.
Bad management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 June 2016
Management made the working atmosphere very tense. It was not enjoyable to go to work when the manager was there and many customers complained because of the management. Nice to work around kids though.
Employees at store level amazing. Head office not so great.
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 May 2016
Working at store level is great. All fellow employee are fun to work with and we all get along so well

Head office doesn't care about their employees. You're just a number to them and are easily replaceable. No pay raise, but expect so much from you in return. No thanks for working hard to achieve goals. I think they forget that if it wasn't for store staff working their butts off that they wouldn't have a successful company at all. Even though we are at the bottom of the chain we still deserves some recognition for out hard work
Pros
Great staff in stores
Cons
Under appreciate
The environment is pleasant and friendly. I enjoy the customers and providing customer service is what I excel in
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB17 May 2016
Upward mobility is very difficult within this company. Being paid such a low salary with few hours, makes it difficult to make ends meet.
Cons
Few hours, consistent shift changes without proper notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval