Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

The best job I've had...so far!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 29, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and managers, discounts, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours, no full time positions for sales associates, no benefits
It's only been about a month since I started working at Carter's, but I love it! It's a really relaxed environment, and my managers and co-workers are really nice. They aren't snobby like a lot of retail managers and co-workers tend to be. They are very helpful, kind and organized. I like that I can talk to them about anything and they aren't scary – more... to approach.

1. Once I've started my shift, I step out to the cash register desk and check the schedule starter to see which area I've be placed in. I read about any promotions or sales that are going on, what our sales goal is for the day, and my manager(s) tell me what's going on in the store or if there are any things they need me to do for that day. Once that's cleared up, I get on the floor and work on my duties, help customers, and just maintain a clean work environment.

2. I've learned how to have better people skills and how to be comfortable approaching customers. I used to be really nervous and scared to talk to customers, but now I'm not afraid anymore. I have developed better people skills, and now I'm more confident with striking up a conversation with just about anyone.

3. Management is good, no, actually, it's excellent! My managers are very well organized and friendly. I can talk to them about anything, they actually care about their employees, and they are always there to help. Of course I don't speak for the management in general for every Carter's location, but my specific location has good management.

4. My co-workers are awesome! They are very friendly and helpful. I enjoy working with them and I find that majority of them are very mature and fun. There's rarely any foolish drama.

5. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with "price accurate" customers. I'm sure this happens at just about any retail store, but sometimes it becomes very frustrating dealing with customers that can't understand the sales and promotions. Having to constantly double check prices and explain the promotions over and over and over again can get tiring pretty fast.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing excited parents come in and find clothes for their kids. It's nice being happy for the mothers to be and the fathers to be, as well as being happy for the parents of (insert number here)

Overall I really enjoy my job and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. – less

About Carters, Inc

The william carter company was founded in 1865 by william carter in needham, mass. it is one of the oldest and largest branded – Read more