Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very laid-back retail environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), College SqaureMay 10, 2014
A typical day consists of helping customers, replenishing stock, and cleaning. I like the people I work with and my manager is really flexible and understanding. There is not anything hard about the job except living off the hours since there really isn't any.
Leadership
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 25, 2014
Pros: development in my staff
Cons: n/a
I have to say my employees are the best. I enjoy on the spot coaching and helping my staff succeed. Seeing them grow and develop is amazing. They all are comfortable to come to me with any problems or concerns they have and if I do not have an answer I will make sure I go above and beyond to get them the answers. I also enjoy role playing. I myself – more... am a visual person, so I believe it helps role playing and acting for the employees to fully understand. – less
A fast pace job
Sales Associate/ Part Time Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed how nice and friendly our customers were. I've learned so much, to leadership skills, working as a team, and customer service skills. All of my co workers were amazing and we all got along well.
Carter's Review
Part Time Sales Associate (Accessories Expert) (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: helping customers, see all the new merchandise
Cons: cleaning and floor changes and low pay.
When I come in for my shift, after clocking in and putting my purse in my locker, we go to the register area and have a "chat in", numbers, goals, assign register, and start on my accessories and/or whatever the managers assign for me to do. Greet customers as they come in as I ring customers and sale merchandise. The hardest part of my job is the cleaning – more... while customers are shopping. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers with their shopping needs and wants. – less
good place to work while in school
Sales associate (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: discount on baby clothing
Cons: short breaks and no good benifits
greeting customers
helping customers find what they are looking for
checking customers out at the register
Great company with a great employees and workplace.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2014
This company provides a great working atmosphere while showing how valuable employees are to the company.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), San Marcos TXJuly 11, 2014
Carters is one of the best companies I've worked for. They have a great atmosphere, friendly staff and promote within, giving all their employee growth potential.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Reading, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no hours
A typical day at work would be getting chatted in, depending on the day & shift you would do stock, fill in merchandise, and do mark downs. I've learned how to play the role of a manager and see some insite from a higher level than just an associate. It kept me busy & I knew exactly what was expected of me every shift. My co-workers we're a pretty good – more... group of workers, we did what we had to do although a lot of petty drama, we were like a family. the hardest part of the job was having to pick up after children that would knock down everything. The most enjoyable part was seeing the kids and the moms being so happy about the deals & leaving with smiles on their faces. – less
children friendly environment
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: paid break
Cons: all benefits, 41k
working in a children environment helps you learn about the different sizes
there needs and wants
how to communicate wih child and parentt
Very confusing place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Braselton, GAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: 100% match on 401k - not guaranteed every year
Cons: cynical management, poor or no training, boring -repetitious jobs, 15 cent raise after a year
I have never seen a workplace that operates with such poor if any communication. There is a continuous flow of new temporary employees placed new off the street in critical areas without any { not a shread} of training. I asked a manager why and his response still baffles me. He stated that the new employees were not deemed "worthy" of training.
No – more... sitting is allowed for ten to twelve hours. The place is hot but they have placed fans in several areas.
Managers and supervisors are arrogant.. there are exceptions.
They stand around and talk or play with their cell phones.
They are thin skinned and do not welcome suggestions and don't dare offer criticism.
Coworkers are great people and they are as bored as I am.
If you get into the right crowd and kiss butt, are not too old, you may have a chance here. I discouraged several people from applying at this site.
My only annual raise was 15 cents when the CEO is the seventh highest paid in the country.
Maybe Carters is OK to work for in the home office or stores but it was not in this hot box. – less
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Stable small CPA firm. Great opportunities and benefits. Great work/life balance.
Visuals
Manager (Former Employee), edinger ave huntington beach, caJuly 3, 2014
Pros: visual and managemnet experience
Cons: lack of hours
I learned how to do floor sets in a timely manner. We received shipment daily and had to process the shipment and have it out with in 1 business day. So i really learned to mange my time and merchandise and floor set effectively. I also learned how to upsell and multi task in a fast paced manner.
i really enjoyed it
Cashier (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INJuly 1, 2014
it was a really good job while I was there but some worker was very rude and disrespectful but I guess you get that everywhere
Easy Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXJune 30, 2014
If you're good with customers, then this is a pretty easy and fun job. It was my first job and I learned a lot about work ethic and to always put a customer's needs first. The managers here are easy to talk to and will always work with you on scheduling and needs. Co-workers are very friendly. It is very enjoyable to see people excited to buy things – more... for new babies. – less
hard working
Cashier/Sales Association (Former Employee), Pearl, MSJune 29, 2014
Pros: loving environment
Cons: no hours
ok job...kept me on the move the co workers were nice...fast pace job..cleaning up was the hardest part..management was alright...i learned how to work a cash register and greet customers properly
Would have been great
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lebanon TNJune 29, 2014
This place would have been awesome had it not been for the poor management. Our Manager was amazing, though she was wrapped up in her wedding plans leaving the majority of tasks to be dropped to the assistant manager who did little to nothing, leaving it to the employees to cover her slack.
N/A
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAJune 26, 2014
the company was good they had room for employees to grow. they showed that they actually care for their employees.
Good job
Customer Service (Current Employee), Centerreach, NYJune 20, 2014
This job is great if your looking for minimal hours. Maybe 8 hours a week. It had taught me great customer service skills.
Had a great time working with all the kids.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, WAJune 18, 2014
I would start out my day by letting the other employee's know what area they where working that day and finger out are sales goals for the day and where we where for the week and year. I loved when the kids would come in and we would put outfits together. I worked with good people.
Great Introductory Job
Operations Supervisor-Routing/Shipping (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2014
Overall, I have had a great experience with Carter's. I am very glad I chose to work with them directly out of college. A first job in your major is a huge step to take for a college grad and I was very fortunate to be able to find a home.

1 2 3 4 5

About Carters, Inc

The william carter company was founded in 1865 by william carter in needham, mass. it is one of the oldest and largest branded – Read more