Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The best job I've had...so far!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 29, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and managers, discounts, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours, no full time positions for sales associates, no benefits
It's only been about a month since I started working at Carter's, but I love it! It's a really relaxed environment, and my managers and co-workers are really nice. They aren't snobby like a lot of retail managers and co-workers tend to be. They are very helpful, kind and organized. I like that I can talk to them about anything and they aren't scary – more... to approach.

1. Once I've started my shift, I step out to the cash register desk and check the schedule starter to see which area I've be placed in. I read about any promotions or sales that are going on, what our sales goal is for the day, and my manager(s) tell me what's going on in the store or if there are any things they need me to do for that day. Once that's cleared up, I get on the floor and work on my duties, help customers, and just maintain a clean work environment.

2. I've learned how to have better people skills and how to be comfortable approaching customers. I used to be really nervous and scared to talk to customers, but now I'm not afraid anymore. I have developed better people skills, and now I'm more confident with striking up a conversation with just about anyone.

3. Management is good, no, actually, it's excellent! My managers are very well organized and friendly. I can talk to them about anything, they actually care about their employees, and they are always there to help. Of course I don't speak for the management in general for every Carter's location, but my specific location has good management.

4. My co-workers are awesome! They are very friendly and helpful. I enjoy working with them and I find that majority of them are very mature and fun. There's rarely any foolish drama.

5. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with "price accurate" customers. I'm sure this happens at just about any retail store, but sometimes it becomes very frustrating dealing with customers that can't understand the sales and promotions. Having to constantly double check prices and explain the promotions over and over and over again can get tiring pretty fast.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing excited parents come in and find clothes for their kids. It's nice being happy for the mothers to be and the fathers to be, as well as being happy for the parents of (insert number here)

Overall I really enjoy my job and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. – less
Fun Work place
Retail Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 17, 2014
Pros: fun, everyone is nice and helpful
Cons: not enough hours
We Greet Every customer and help anybody that need help, we also help new mothers that do not understand. Ive Learned a lot about baby fashion and working in retail sales. the managementis great. they are a big help and awsome team spirited. Co Workers are wonderful and its fun to have girls there to help.
Love working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee), The woodlands, TXDecember 16, 2014
It is a great company and manager and coworkers are friendly. Love working in a great environment. Management is great and the store is amazing
Geneva Location is not the best
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Geneva, ILDecember 14, 2014
I did enjoy the team I worked with, I did my job according to its description and more. The managers do not follow rules, making the experience there horrible.
Kind work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: not to far for my home
Cons: not enough hours, no health care
Clean rooms, greeting the guest as they came and went. Restocking the rooms and cleaning the bathrooms. Doing laundry and stocking the closet. Management was on stand by but not very helpful at times. There really isn't much to say about this place was only there on the weekends and didn't get enough hours.
Great Place To Work
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cabazon, CADecember 3, 2014
Typical day at work would be slow and pick up every hour.
You learn many things while working in retail, aha it was really fun to work here.
Management was extremely nice and fun to work with!
Co-workers were great! Super funny, all kinds of people.
There is no hard part of the job if it is fun.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people – more... everyday! – less
do not recommend
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Watchung, NJDecember 2, 2014
temporary sales associate, hardest part of the job was making my school schedule fit with my work life kept being put on shifts when i had to attend class, management treated me like i was not an employee the co-workers were ok not really helpful
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee), Buford, GANovember 21, 2014
I will open or close the store when I work. I have to open and close the registers at the beginning or end of the day. I delegate tasks to other employees to ensure that our workload is completed throughout the day. We take care of our customers and ensure they find everything that they wanted. We make sure that the floor is stocked in order to ensure – more... every size is represented. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see all our customers enjoying themselves while they shop for their children. The hardest part of my job is being able to finish all the tasks that need to be done and make sure that we are taking care of the customers. – less
Fun place to work, servicing new parents and grandparents!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lake George, NYNovember 18, 2014
It is a team oriented business and customer service driven. We manage the business while hiring outwardly friendly people to service our customers.
Enjoyed being around and helping my coworkers
Maintenance Tech I / Yard Truck Driver (Current Employee), Braselton, GANovember 12, 2014
I have learned a lot working there. I get along with all of my coworkers. I enjoy helping out in all the departments that I am cross trained in.
Great Environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Stockton, CANovember 8, 2014
A typical day at work would be making sales on baby clothes and interacting with customers and my team. I learned to stock and back stock. My management is amazing and I love working with my customers. The hardest part of my job would be making sure i greet every single person coming through the door. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything. – more... I love the environment, my coworkers, and my customers. – less
Proactive fun work place that is never boring
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lakewood, CONovember 3, 2014
Pros: lively environment
Cons: minimum pay and lack of benefits
Often is a high stress environment with many projects to complete in order to keep everything up to date as well as provide the best customer service to every individual through the store. This company thrives with team work and multitasking. The hardest part is to complete every task in the given time frame do to overwhelming amount of tasks all the – more... while trying to manage the customers. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers. – less
Worked for Carters/Oshkosh
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Toledo, Findlay, Lima, OHIOOctober 29, 2014
The stores I serviced were Kohls. First I would let management know I was there. Then go to the childrens dept, straighten and size merchandise. Make sure fixtures were set to POG. Put out new or back stock. Learned to work quickly to get to as much product as possible. Management in stores was very pleased with my work.
lovely baby
sale associate (Current Employee), Citrus plazaOctober 28, 2014
a typical day would be helping families find a perfect outfit for there little ones.
Productive and fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Doral, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: short breaks
Very busy and fast pace environment. Good management. Nice people.
Not too bad.
Part Time/Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milford, CTOctober 19, 2014
The management needs more structure. Great employees and flexible work schedule.
Carters Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, OHOctober 14, 2014
When I worked at Carters I was mainly a cashier and delivered customer service while maintaining the stores appearance. I also sometimes did the opening/closing financials and inventory.
The hardest part of the job was working different hours every week and there was never enough hours to go around to all team members.
Working at Carters, Porirua
Stocktake, Shelfsorting (Former Employee), TawaOctober 5, 2014
I learned allot about different construction materials and i also learnt how to do stock-take and shelf sorting.
I also learnt a bit about how trucking deliveries work in the construction industry.
The environment of the store was homely and gave a very positive vibe.
I enjoyed my entire time there and met allot of great friendly people.
Eh..
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Dalton, GAOctober 4, 2014
I would not work here again. Just about everything was poor.
Cool environment
Associate (Former Employee), Texas City, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Hardest part of the job was standing all day long. I enjoyed the people I worked with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Carters, Inc

The william carter company was founded in 1865 by william carter in needham, mass. it is one of the oldest and largest branded – Read more