Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The best job I've had...so far!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 29, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and managers, discounts, friendly atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours, no full time positions for sales associates, no benefits
It's only been about a month since I started working at Carter's, but I love it! It's a really relaxed environment, and my managers and co-workers are really nice. They aren't snobby like a lot of retail managers and co-workers tend to be. They are very helpful, kind and organized. I like that I can talk to them about anything and they aren't scary – more... to approach.

1. Once I've started my shift, I step out to the cash register desk and check the schedule starter to see which area I've be placed in. I read about any promotions or sales that are going on, what our sales goal is for the day, and my manager(s) tell me what's going on in the store or if there are any things they need me to do for that day. Once that's cleared up, I get on the floor and work on my duties, help customers, and just maintain a clean work environment.

2. I've learned how to have better people skills and how to be comfortable approaching customers. I used to be really nervous and scared to talk to customers, but now I'm not afraid anymore. I have developed better people skills, and now I'm more confident with striking up a conversation with just about anyone.

3. Management is good, no, actually, it's excellent! My managers are very well organized and friendly. I can talk to them about anything, they actually care about their employees, and they are always there to help. Of course I don't speak for the management in general for every Carter's location, but my specific location has good management.

4. My co-workers are awesome! They are very friendly and helpful. I enjoy working with them and I find that majority of them are very mature and fun. There's rarely any foolish drama.

5. The hardest part of the job would probably be dealing with "price accurate" customers. I'm sure this happens at just about any retail store, but sometimes it becomes very frustrating dealing with customers that can't understand the sales and promotions. Having to constantly double check prices and explain the promotions over and over and over again can get tiring pretty fast.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing excited parents come in and find clothes for their kids. It's nice being happy for the mothers to be and the fathers to be, as well as being happy for the parents of (insert number here)

Overall I really enjoy my job and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. – less
picker and packaging
picker and packaging (Former Employee), Pendergrass, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: always did giveaways and you can leave during break to get food
Cons: shortbreaks
The job itself here is easy. I caught on pretty fast. The management there was okay they had their favorites of course. My co-workers we very nice and were willing to work with you. The hardest part of the job was walking all the isle up and down for 8 hours because they were long isle with a lot of items to pick, but I'm always determined and willing – more... to get the job done whatever it takes. – less
Positive Work Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Carter's had great employees that conveyed a sense of safety and positivity.
Shipping Dept
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Braselton, GASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: well good relationship
Cons: short breaks
Meeting and Setting Goals .Developing productive Sulution . Developing strong relationship with customers, Advancing programs to promote the institution.
Creating innovative process to promote the company goals.
community relationship, Internet Marking and computer skills good
developing marketing program.Commited and Organized
Fun and friendly environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Watchung, NJSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work was greeting customers and providing excellent customer service to our clients, while also maintaining a clean environment. I also worked with the cash register, promoted new sales and promotions in the store. I enjoyed working in the store because I love children and it was a very friendly environment to work in.
Fast paces work environment
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 14, 2014
Pros: close to home, pay is decent, atmosphere is nice
Cons: no room to grow, no set schedule
A typical work day would involve opening the registers, ordering supplies, printing email, filling out the daily planner with our sales goal and to do lists. Delivering customer service and being outwardly friendly. Instruction associates what to do, time frames and personal goals.

I've learned that it takes a certain person to be able to work retail.

Management, – more... though I am part of it, is a bit disorganized in general. There needs to be some sort of balance between roles.

My coworkers are hard working and fun. They make the job enjoyable everyday, like a family environment. – less
Productive environment
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Darby, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: companionship
Cons: helping the elder
Caring and helping a elderly patient was a great experience knowing that I contributed to his every day needs
distribution warehouse in ga
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Pendergrass, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: cant get hired on permanant until there a year or more.
your always on standby for mandatory overtime every seven days of the week every week and your given very little notice about it. Mandatory overtime is 75% of the year. Sounds great at first but wears your body down if your not fit and you have no life outside of work. They don't provide enough work materials for each person to do their job and over – more... hire making conditions crowded. Despite being crowded or not having the materials needed to do your job your expected to make a quota which is high. its like jogging for ten hours straight with no breaks. if you have no cart its like jogging with two weights you have to hold onto because you have to hold onto a box all day without resting. Management could care less about the people. Nice enough folks but don't care one flip about you. They are only interested in the bottom line and how to get it. If you say anything about anyone that gives you problems or others you have a bad attitude as it is to inconvenient for them to resolve the issue. They fire people daily for not making quota and not showing up. Your given points but you use them up by not going in twice. (before 90 days ) after its four days. – less
fun, good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Terrell, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: not very many hours
best first job
not very good hours
fun place to work
good managers
professional
Interaction with customers and wonderful children
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILJuly 31, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: not enough hours
Their is a lot to do. Marketing, sales change, inventory, mark downs etc. Very nice team. everyone is friendly.
Leadership
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJuly 25, 2014
Pros: development in my staff
Cons: n/a
I have to say my employees are the best. I enjoy on the spot coaching and helping my staff succeed. Seeing them grow and develop is amazing. They all are comfortable to come to me with any problems or concerns they have and if I do not have an answer I will make sure I go above and beyond to get them the answers. I also enjoy role playing. I myself – more... am a visual person, so I believe it helps role playing and acting for the employees to fully understand. – less
A fast pace job
Sales Associate/ Part Time Stock Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulalip, WAJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed how nice and friendly our customers were. I've learned so much, to leadership skills, working as a team, and customer service skills. All of my co workers were amazing and we all got along well.
Carter's Review
Part Time Sales Associate (Accessories Expert) (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: helping customers, see all the new merchandise
Cons: cleaning and floor changes and low pay.
When I come in for my shift, after clocking in and putting my purse in my locker, we go to the register area and have a "chat in", numbers, goals, assign register, and start on my accessories and/or whatever the managers assign for me to do. Greet customers as they come in as I ring customers and sale merchandise. The hardest part of my job is the cleaning – more... while customers are shopping. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers with their shopping needs and wants. – less
good place to work while in school
Sales associate (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: discount on baby clothing
Cons: short breaks and no good benifits
greeting customers
helping customers find what they are looking for
checking customers out at the register
Great company with a great employees and workplace.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2014
This company provides a great working atmosphere while showing how valuable employees are to the company.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), San Marcos TXJuly 11, 2014
Carters is one of the best companies I've worked for. They have a great atmosphere, friendly staff and promote within, giving all their employee growth potential.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Reading, PAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no hours
A typical day at work would be getting chatted in, depending on the day & shift you would do stock, fill in merchandise, and do mark downs. I've learned how to play the role of a manager and see some insite from a higher level than just an associate. It kept me busy & I knew exactly what was expected of me every shift. My co-workers we're a pretty good – more... group of workers, we did what we had to do although a lot of petty drama, we were like a family. the hardest part of the job was having to pick up after children that would knock down everything. The most enjoyable part was seeing the kids and the moms being so happy about the deals & leaving with smiles on their faces. – less
children friendly environment
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 8, 2014
Pros: paid break
Cons: all benefits, 41k
working in a children environment helps you learn about the different sizes
there needs and wants
how to communicate wih child and parentt
Very confusing place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Braselton, GAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: 100% match on 401k - not guaranteed every year
Cons: cynical management, poor or no training, boring -repetitious jobs, 15 cent raise after a year
I have never seen a workplace that operates with such poor if any communication. There is a continuous flow of new temporary employees placed new off the street in critical areas without any { not a shread} of training. I asked a manager why and his response still baffles me. He stated that the new employees were not deemed "worthy" of training.
No – more... sitting is allowed for ten to twelve hours. The place is hot but they have placed fans in several areas.
Managers and supervisors are arrogant.. there are exceptions.
They stand around and talk or play with their cell phones.
They are thin skinned and do not welcome suggestions and don't dare offer criticism.
Coworkers are great people and they are as bored as I am.
If you get into the right crowd and kiss butt, are not too old, you may have a chance here. I discouraged several people from applying at this site.
My only annual raise was 15 cents when the CEO is the seventh highest paid in the country.
Maybe Carters is OK to work for in the home office or stores but it was not in this hot box. – less
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: great work/life balance
Stable small CPA firm. Great opportunities and benefits. Great work/life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Carters, Inc

The william carter company was founded in 1865 by william carter in needham, mass. it is one of the oldest and largest branded – Read more