Carter's OshKosh

Carter's OshKosh Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and interactive environment! A joy to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMay 1, 2015
Working on mostly cleaning the store like organizing the backroom, fixing the sales racks and tidying up the display tables were some of the things i did. Interacting with the customers to bring in a potential sale was fun to do.

I had learned how to work a cash register and definitely gained more confidence in working with customers.Keeping the store presentable during the day and fixing it up during a close were other things i have learned.

My manager's were very kind and understanding when it came to resolving any issues, be it with customers or within the staff. They gave us all fair hours and hardly anything really ever happened.

My co-workers were an absolute joy! We all got along great and worked very well together and independently from each other during the various tasks we each did from day to day.

In the beginning for myself the hardest thing was interacting with the customers, but it became much easier after a month of working with carters. Other than that i didnt find anything quite challenging.

Being able to work with such wonderful people and us all having a good time were definitely some of the best perks of the job. Seeing some of the little kids and babies coming into the store and chatting with them a bit was definitely fun as well.
I hated this job with a passion.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: i had one friend who worked there.
Cons: minimum wage, terrible management, worse coworkers, didn't get paid for overtime hours
I hated most of my coworkers. They were a bunch of petty women and all they did was talk behind one another's backs. They were often condescending towards the staff members they didn't like for no particular reason. The store was always a mess. We wouldn't get paid for working overtime, which is illegal but the managers still thought it was ok to make us stay later than we were supposed to without pay. They are lucky no one reported them to the labour board for this. The hours were scarce, yet they always seemed to be hiring new people.
Fun and hard workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 14, 2014
I am able to develop sales and customer service and completion of the sale operating cash register, and storage and replenishments clothes on the floor.
I developed my communication and organization.
fun workplace
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), toronto ontarioJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: slacking management team
a typical day at work was long and stressful. I learned to breath and be patient when dealing with the public. Management didn't pick up their slack in the workplace they were more worried about being on their cell phones, I enjoyed working with my co-workers as a team they were like my family. I didn't find anything hard about my job i was able to take on any task that was given and get it done. The most enjoyable part was the customers and making them have a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience.
Good Working Conditions but Could be Better
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 15, 2012
I worked here twice. First time, the store had just opened and I was one of the many associates to put the store together. After the 1 week it took us to put everything together for the Grand Opening, associates were only getting a few days a week. I had asked for part time, but I was getting less than part time.. I was getting maybe 1-2 days a week. I quit because I had started school and the manager could not accommodate my schedule. A few months later, I reapplied because my schedule had changed and I was desperate for work. I worked there for a month on 4-5 days a week..after that I worked 2-3 weeks with just 1-2 days a week and a low pay per hour rate. I wasn't getting very far with this company like I had hoped. I eventually wanted to become manager, but that ship sailed when I was hired again and put back to 1-2 days a week at 3-4 hours each.
environnement de travail
associée aux ventes (Current Employee), Brossard, QCDecember 28, 2014
Pros: près de tout les services
Cons: nombre d'heure trop variable et payer aux deux semaines
Carter's Oshkosh et un bon endroit pour les étudiants qui n'ont pas besoin de beaucoup d'heures de travail. L'endroit est plaisante mais sans plus. travail répétitif mais aucunement forçant physiquement