CARTE International Inc. has been manufacturing transformers in Winnipeg since 1973. With over 300 employees, we are management owned and have grown significantly to be a major supplier of transformers in its product range in Canada and the USA. CARTE is recognized as a manufacturer of high quality transformers providing excellent customer service. The overall excellence of its people is one of the major reasons for Carte's success.
"THE MOST IMPORTANT RESOURCE AT CARTE INTERNATIONAL IS ITS PEOPLE"
CARTE International is seeking career minded applicants for the position of PURCHASING AGENT. If you are a positive and energetic person, an independent thinker, open-minded, and a great team player, CARTE is looking for you!
MAJOR AREAS OF PERFORMANCE
- Meet with suppliers to obtain product and service information including price, quantity, payment terms and delivery schedules;
- Maintain purchase item codes, delivery requirements and promise dates on the system;
- Ensure suppliers comply with the terms of the agreed-upon contract;
- Review success of products in the market and delivery conditions to determine future purchasing needs;
- Maintain stocking levels based on preset and anticipated demands of the sites;
- Negotiate return on surplus quantities and defective merchandise with suppliers;
- Evaluate supplier lead times and maintain stock at regulatory levels to avoid dead inventory;
- Meet with supplier representatives to discuss industry relationships and build rapport;
- Resolve problems with suppliers and indicate level of satisfaction.
- 1-2 years related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer literacy, proficient with all Microsoft Office programs, experience with MRP systems;
- Previous exposure to a manufacturing environment a definite asset;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify problem areas proactively;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- High level of integrity, honesty and a sense of urgency.
Applicants should submit their resume with a cover letter to: Human Resources, Carte International Inc. Email: careers@ carte.ca