ONLY CANADIAN CAN APLY FOR THIS JOB
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the financial management of the hotel by leading the accounting department providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis to hotel, and corporate management, and ensuring proper systems and controls are in place to effectively record the transactions and safeguard the assets of the hotel.
Reporting to the General Manager, the controller leads the hotel in the effective management of hotel expenses in relation to business volumes.
- Maintain a system of accounts and internal controls to provide accurate, timely financial statements, and to provide effective control over the assets, revenues and expenses of the hotel.
- Performs operational process reviews to ensure proper control systems are in place and associates are adhering to Carrot River Inn policies and procedures.
- Continuously evaluating financial and operational policies and procedures with a view to improving effectiveness and efficiency.
- Prepare and analyze the Daily, Weekly and monthly financial statements and three month rolling forecasts according to Carrot River Inn SOPs.
- Assist the General Manager in the preparation of annual budget.
- Assist the General Manager in the management of the Guest and City Ledgers by processing, monitoring and reviewing credit applications and policies, and by reviewing the Guest and City ledgers to ensure timeliness of billing and collections and that balancing occurs.
- Supervise the Night audit, Cash, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll functions in the hotel so that they comply with hotel policies and procedures.
- Complete the bi-weekly payroll functions in accordance with Carrot River Inn standards and deadlines.
- Manage the procurement function in the hotel by maintaining sound and accurate purchasing and receiving procedures.
- Monitor and account for inventories and operating par stocks on a monthly basis within hotel policies and standards.
- Ensure procedures and controls outlined by the Company are understood and practiced at all levels.
- Ensure hotel complies with all provincial and national laws and regulations.
- Participate as a member of the hotel senior management team in developing policies and procedures within the hotel.
- Participate in and support guest and associate satisfaction strategies.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, and disciplining; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results for the accounting staff
- Act as Manager on Duty on a rotation with other department managers.
- Any other duties assigned by General Manager.
- Minimum (2) years in a senior accounting role.
- Hospitality experience is preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Good knowledge of tax laws and regulations for hotel industry.
- Proven knowledge of local, regional, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and organizational skills in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Micros POS, Opera PMS and network systems.
- Demonstrated results of process implementations and improvements, internal cost controls, revenue maximization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient, honest and confidential
Relationships and Communication:
-works closely with the General Manager and the Management Team regarding financial results, potential deficiencies, plans of action, budgeting and forecasting.-attends and contributes during weekly management meetings
-maintains effective communications with all departments; Food and Beverage, Kitchen, Rooms Division,
-interacts with clients, suppliers, other industry partners and competitors, owner and management company.
Profitability and Fiscal Control:
-assume responsibility for all day-to-day accounting functions within the Hotel, including Banking, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory and Cash Management.
-administers and distributes daily, weekly and monthly reports in order to analyze the business and create rolling strategic plans with the management team, working with the Team to provide guidance and assistance to support their accountability for the actual results as compared to budget & forecasts, and the achievement of key productivity and measurement targets.
-produce month-end & year-end financial statements in an accurate and timely manner, comparing actual results to budget and prior year and provide commentary on variances.
-review internal controls, processes and procedures to ensure financial information is complete and accurate and to ensure the security of assets.
-as an active member of the Management Team, assist the General Manager and Dept. Heads to drive the forecasting and annual Budgeting process. Gathering and analyzing, identifying market trends and suggesting tactics to increase business volumes and profitability. Recommend and implement cost savings strategies
-responsible for administration of all HST, Federal and Provincial payroll taxes, reporting requirements and monthly payments.
Leadership and Coaching:
-maintains and documents Standard Operating Procedures; ensuring the Policies and Procedures Manual is maintained and current -cultivates an environment where successes are celebrated.
Other: -performs other reasonable tasks as assigned by the General Manager or Management Company
-expected to work some evenings and weekends as required
Indeed - 7 months ago