CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stereotyping, women do not know anything, belittles women
Counter/Driver (Former Employee), Merrill, WIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: i have none
Cons: everything
I loved working in the automotive industry and had the training to do so, but I was treated as if I did not know anything and was belittled in front of customers and coworkers. I was miserable, but tried to stick it out to show that I was valuable.
Never Could Do Enough
Warehouse Teammate (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: we do not care how you do it get it done
MORE,MORE, MORE YOU ARE FULL-TIME WE CAN GET TWO OF YOU INSTEAD WITH NO OVERTIME
Great work enviroment, lacking advancement and support.
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Kenosha, WIJuly 3, 2014
Pros: secure employment
Cons: poor compensation, lacking management, poor benefits
A typical work day starts at 5pm and it begins by me helping our customers acquire their needs aka auto parts to move production, and also doing inventory throughout our store making sure we have the necessary parts upon request. I am basically my own boss I do have my set schedule to abide by but I am in the store alone all night with keys to the building – more... and our lock codes at the ready. My day ends at 4am and it ends with me securing each exit and making sure everything is off and locked down before I head home for the night. I am a people person and love my co-workers have a great relationship with all of them. My management her at Carquest on paper is OK and friendly but when it comes to advancement and support it is lacking. – less
Bad Upper Management, Low raises, OK coworkers
Delivery Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 2, 2014
Pros: get to drive company vehicles to deliver
Cons: about everything else
Job as a whole wasn't bad at all. Get to know people at accounts and make friends. Coworkers were friendly. Upper management is what kills this company. Lots of empty promises. It's tough where we're put in a position where we want to help, but management won't let us.

Not enough parts in stock.
Fun workplace
Driver (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 2, 2014
I loved working here for ASP, it was an awesome job. The cons of working here were the hours we low and days were short. Pros were getting to interact with the kids and their parents.
No good examples
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Raleigh NCJune 26, 2014
Cons: many
I was thrown into this job because the place I worked and was happy at Motor Bearings and Parts shut down.

I learned a bit of A/R - making deposits and applying payments.

My day would start with at least 500 invoices that I needed to enter and get payments run and on the CFO desk for signature.

Hardest part of the job - not the best job in the world.
A typical day at Carquest
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kent, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: easy, laid back
Cons: doing tasks that someone else should have completed
Started work early, checked inventory throughout the warehouse, managed phones so I can complete sales or issue orders for parts form other stores and worked all day.
Driving Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Meridian, MSJune 25, 2014
Taking customers orders to be delivered.
Delivering customer order to them in a timely manor.
Very controlled environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: decent benefits and pay
Cons: constant changing schedules and benefits
Hours fluctuated regularly some mandatory weekends and late nights. For the most part decent co-workers
Fast paced
Sales Representative/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Longwood, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: too much workload for the pay
You work as a team on everything, great customer rapport, discounts on in store purchases and participating companies, many benefits. Way too fast paced and not enough staff to deal with the workload.
Great Place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 12, 2014
Great place to work. It is a nice environment, fun and the people there are very helpful, and honest. They will work with you until the end.
very productive work place
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Indio, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: learning experience was great.
Cons: health care disappeared none for part time. lol
loved it learned a lot in the machine shop, always ready to teach me when i ask and the computer training, was the bomb great lol.
management did a good job for its employees. friendly co-workers great friends.health care was good .but. lol turned for the worst when we went to part time.
overall good experience
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Sauk City, WIJune 10, 2014
overal very low pay scale with no room to move up..this was a family owned store with limited resources
good company but short sighted
Parts Sales (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYJune 8, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no over time or help
A typical day at CARQUEST is busy with answering phones and taking orders. The team I work with for the most part tries to do their best everyday, but the corporate back up is not their. For new managers, little to no training is given and the pay is rather low. Also the corporation has a strangled abilities to change under preforming stores and will – more... not take the time to see the potentials that each individual stores have. This might be different in a franchised store, – less
Really enjoyed the company
Claims Support/ Auto Parts Handler II (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: worked well with who i am
Cons: didnt know how to not have family be supervisors of their own family members
I loved how the managers will work with you on your schedule when something comes up that has to do with family or medical. We had people with disabilities and they always worked with them until they fully understood what their job was. I don't really have any complaints about this company even after 7 years.
Good job
Counter Pro (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 29, 2014
Pros: good people, great environment
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, understaffed
Good job, no real benefits, not much room for career advancement.
It is a very fun work environment. Never a dull moment with the people I was around.
Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albany, ORMay 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, able to talk with employees when we had free time.
Cons: very short breaks
I enjoyed my time working at CARQUEST. My boss was a kind hearted person, who was eager to help you when you didnt understand things. The whole entire team was easy to get along with as well as fun to be around. The customers, as well as the companies we delievered too were always generous and kind.
I wouldn't work there again
Customer Service Delivery Teammate (Former Employee), denverMay 12, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else
the pay is garbage, management doesn't appreciate you for what you are doing and since AAP has bought out GPI everything has changed
Not good, but its a job
Order Picker/Stocker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: discount at retail stores
Cons: not a great place to work for too long
start of part time and not enough hours. Stayed as long as i did because of the friends I made.
hard to find good workers
lead counter man/interm store manager (Current Employee), Ellsworth, MEMay 5, 2014
the company itself is a good company but the way upper management handles things could be better. ive been running a store for 5 months with no compensation.