CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON10 November 2015
Worked with great co-workers, got along great and worked well together as a team. The manager treated us as equals which made us want to work even harder to help the store succeed. It was a very productive work environment and a joy to come to work everyday.
Pros
Friendly custommers
Cons
wage
productive, table soccer in cafeteria
shipper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2015
its good that you learn about the auto parts industry, co-workers are friendly and nice. the enjoyable part of the job is going home. the hours indecisive.
Pros
you get pay on time
Cons
baked oven in summer time(gurantee weight loss)
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON23 September 2015
They are a group of people always happy to help and make time for their employees. Learned lots about the world of cars. They do their on keeping people.
Friendly co-workers and amazing general manager.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. General manager is very supportive of employee growth, and creates a stress-free environment to learn within the job. Co-workers are very willing to help whenever there is a problem.
Not great but it's a job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 June 2015
I had a store manager that was under sold the product from our store and each store have it's own GP for profit sharing but to find out that our store was -30% , I was mad at my manager and the company that hired an oversee person and that's what you get for hiring Pakistan person for management position to run the store. After I went on to another job and the store closed down , which I knew that's was going to happen.
Cons
always asked to stay after hours to do last min deliveries.
very productive and great environment to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2015
CARQUEST, I liked the people I worked with and our customers were wonderful. I loved to bring our products to our customers, great friendships. The shipping receiving part I liked to organize, and clean up stock.
Pros
very friendly job and driving is my specialty
Cons
very little pay
Pay is good, pressure to maintain standards is too much
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 April 2015
start time is a little too early if you're stocking and you live far from the location you're working at.
co-workers constantly complain.
not convinced workers are happy working there because of the pressure to maintain standard.
enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
management is decent because of two supervisors.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Maintain Standard, Unhappy workers, Higher ups dont care
it sucked
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 February 2015
i was paid minimum wage to do 3 different jobs when hired as a driver, and they had me train my own replacement without teling me
Pros
Cons
everything
Delivery of parts to automotive sector
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Picton14 January 2015
Overall my experience with Carquest was fine. I was treated very well and fairly, however poor wages and no benefits. On a day to day basis, the job went pretty well. It was a fun place to work, all employees got along very well and good team work in place.
Pros
predictable hours, friendly staff
Cons
no room for promotion
fun place to work at work for
delievery driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 January 2015
it was a fast pace job how to interface with people.the enjoyable part was meetingnew people it was a good team player enviorment
Cons
to long lunch breaks
Shipper / Receiver / Delivery Driver
Shipper/Receiver/Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB28 January 2014
This business is fast paced, as you deal with many different types of customers. ex: Garages

You have to be focused, and you have many tasks on the go at the same time. You could be picking orders to be delivered to a garage, getting an order ready to be picked up by a courier, or making a delivery if all other drivers were on the road.

The entire management team is "Hands On", and is involved with the day to day operation of this business.

The hardest part of the job was keeping track of where all of the delivery drivers were at any given time, being able to answer questions from management. If you didn't have an answer, you tried to find one.

The most enjoyable part of the job... Meeting the customers, dealing with them on a day to day basis. Knowing that you've been able to do something for them to help their day go a bit better.
Pros
Discounts of purchases
Cons
Sometimes the long hours
Good place to work excellent managment and staff.
Head Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON11 January 2014
The management does a good job in hiring the right staff, everyone gets along is productive and works as a team. The duties are shared equally and our customers enjoy seeing our faces everyday and look forward to coming back to see us. I think this is important to having a successful business. Having a great team that enjoys working together gets the most out of everyone and shows in customer satisfaction and production.
Pros
Very understanding employer and is easy to work for.
Cons
Heavy traffic and bad weather on occasion.
driver
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  thamesville ont19 November 2013
delivered parts to different citys ,farm etc.The hardest part of this job was driving in the winter.Had a good relationship with co-workers. Management were awesome.
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 October 2013
A typical day at work involved driving to various customers to ensure they were satisfied with the products as well as customer service and proceeded to deliver orders to them if necessary to guarantee complete satisfaction with the company. Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day, the most enjoyable part was making sure our customers had a smile on their face.
productive place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  May, ON31 May 2013
overall a good place to work, co-workers and management are easy to work with benefits and pay are exceptional
Strong well founded company, solid
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario3 March 2013
Great profit sharing program, good benefits, good work challenges, opportunities to travel and word with USA Head Office.
very productive work place and fun owners
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON6 January 2013
co-workers are hard working and loyal
made friends
job was not too difficult, sometimes had heaving lifting
got along with everyone
not impressive
Counter pro and sales clerk (Former Employee) –  New Brusnswick2 January 2013
lots of heavy lifting. lots of courses online. manager at my store had issues. was hard to work for. unsure about other stores
Pros
competitive salary for maritimes good benifits
Cons
management
Multi tasking took away the monotony of the day
Shipper Receiver/Clerical/Body/AutoCounter (Former Employee) –  Ajax, Ontario15 October 2012
As a corporate store, there were guidelines in place to ensure continuity, however, they did not leave room for the except when factor that we all experience.
The pay was par for the industry, but the hours were longer than most.
Pros
payed training
Cons
long hours, no summer vacation
Enjoyed Working with Company&employess.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS27 August 2012
Check vechicle over before starting work,delivered parts to garages as quick as possible,I learned more of the auto parts industry,Boses treated u like everyday people,same as co-workers,To try&work a perfect day everyday,Driving&meeting people.
Pros
company paid for coures&lunch.