CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 29, 2014
Rather not discuss, enjoyed working with my crew and the public. Very limited resources!
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 29, 2014
fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Clear Brook, VAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: insurance
you get to meet interesting customers, and was a great place to work at.
horrible place to work!!
counterperson (Former Employee), sanford meOctober 23, 2014
Pros: experience in parts
Cons: everything else
Work in sanford me store for four years never had any problems got fired because a woman bought coolant stop leak and poured it in her engine! Never asked about product just took off shelf and bought it then it was my fault! Horrible management and no room for advancement stay away!!!
Terrible work enviorment
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee), Roswell, NMOctober 8, 2014
Cons: everything
No on site job training,poor management, poor work ethics, no team moral (every man for himself) extremely hostile work environment. The pay is not worth putting up with this type of behavior on a daily bases as you'll only get $8.00 an hour.
retail
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 8, 2014
slow moving to upper management, pay is not equal to experience.
Enjoyable place to work for
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Florissant, MOOctober 6, 2014
deliver car parts, clean up store when needed. Got along real well with the co workers. Would recommend this job to others.
fun workplace
Parts Driver (Current Employee), Murray, UTOctober 2, 2014
I go and deliver parts on down time I stock shelfs. My co-workers are fun to work with. my hardest part of the job multiple delivery's, I most enjoy about the job is being trusted to be on my own
Productive and fun workplace.
Parts Salesman (Former Employee), Leadville, COSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: family owned
Cons: no lunch breaks.
A typical day at work would involve helping customers find the parts and accessories needed in a timely manner. When not doing that, I would be running deliveries to local shops.

I learned a good bit about heavy equipment and outside sourcing, although the system was confusing at times while placing orders.

Management was friendly and easy to get – more... along with. Really makes work a nice place to be when you have managers that can keep the business going while maintaining a sense of a relaxed environment. When a business is family owned and operated typically the work environment is close to ideal. – less
BUSY
Driver/ Sales (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CASeptember 24, 2014
BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE SOME STAFF WAS OK TO WORK WITH A LOT OF DRAMA
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Manvel, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Provided friendly store-front sales support to walk-in clients with specific inquiries. Ensured timely delivery services for trucking and commercial parts supplier. Established good rapport with clientele for repeat deliveries and promoted high customer satisfaction.
deliver parts, work counter
delievery driver/customer service (Former Employee), KentuckySeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: bad upper management
Worked there for 4 years and dealt with a lot of bad management and favoritism. Never would get offered full time employment and when the store closed I had worked there longer than any other team member. I feel like I worked extremely hard and put up with a lot of stuff to try to increase sales and turn the store around and didn't get any recognition – more... for it and I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I never called in, if I did it was about twice a year at the most. Others in the store were being treated the same way. Was suppose to receive bonuses when the store made plan, but never did. Then they come in and give us less then a months notice that they are shutting the store down and either you accept a position at other store in another town or you go home, which I went home. I stayed the whole time and helped get the store shut down and on the last day that we were opened for business I never even received a thanks for all the help or any kind of thanks for all the work that I had put in over the years. Mainly upper management was the problem. As long as they get there huge paycheck they could care less about the people who actually keep the wheels turning. I'm sure its not this way company wide but it was in my area. – less
Retail auto parts
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Noblesville, INSeptember 14, 2014
A typical day at this job, is attending to a customer in need of auto parts. Commercial accounts required parts delivery. I enjoyed providing customers requests with parts that are needed.
Short stay under the worst manager i have ever experienced
third keyholder: realy assistant manger (Former Employee), Helotes txSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: was a small company with pretty good communication
Cons: little advancement, no support, lots of things were obsolete.
It was a time of change the company had just been sold after years of trying. I thought this would be a good thing didn't get the chance to find out. The owners had deliberately no invested in the company instead buiding a large cash resreve as a candy to make it more attractive.
Shelf Stoker, Cashier (Current Employee), Jena, LASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: can leave throughout the day for personal reasons if needed
Cons: no lunch break, minimum wage
When I get to work I spend 2 to 3 hours putting up parts that have came in earlier that morning, when I am done with that I come to my computer and wait for customers that need help or need to check out. Throughout the day I also answer the phone, restock and face shelves, and make deliveried if needed.
Fun easy job.
Customer Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WASeptember 1, 2014
Job as a driver is easy and fun. Your job duties include pulling parts off the shelves and driving them to the local repair shops in town.
Good place to work. Bad location for me personally
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Vernal, UTAugust 27, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: location
Good job with decent pay and benefits. I was not happy living in Vernal.
Face paced but low compensation
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee), Carrboro, NCAugust 21, 2014
Decent company to work for. The company is more concerned with gross profit over sales so you can rest assured they have the funds to pay their bills at the end of the day. As with any automotive retail company their pay scale is below par. Management treats its employees well.
Friendly customers and most employees.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Pekin, ILAugust 15, 2014
Love the job in general but, management was poor and not enough hours...
Good Company
Parts Sales and Parts Delivery (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 9, 2014
Well organized office staff. Good pay for the position and very flexible hours.