CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail
Collecteur, assistant au directeur financier (Former Employee) –  Boucherville24 September 2012
Une très bonne école pour apprendre dans le monde du travail.
Pros
donner satisfaction aux clients
Cons
refuser une augmentation de limite de crédit
Environnement de travail
Répondre aux gérants ou aux clients de leurs ouvertures de comptes ou leurs limites de crédits
Pros
donner satisfaction aux clients
Cons
refuser une augmentation de limite de crédit
Enjoyed Working with Company&employess.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS27 August 2012
Check vechicle over before starting work,delivered parts to garages as quick as possible,I learned more of the auto parts industry,Boses treated u like everyday people,same as co-workers,To try&work a perfect day everyday,Driving&meeting people.
Pros
company paid for coures&lunch.
won distribution center of the year award
Distribution Center Manager / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2012
In my role at the Saint John Distribution Centre we made solid improvements on proper student/part-time hiring that eliminated almost all over-time. We rapidly cross-trained to eliminate any areas that did not have enough people trained; thus eliminating bottle-necks in production, and also creating a more efficient Distribution Centre. We also were able to work with purchasing to create a much “smarter” Inventory, thus creating faster turn in inventory for our customers. We did all this and also focused on safety – noting that we worked over a year without a lost time accident. All of the above resulted in us winning the top Distribution Centre award in 2007.

That award gave me my promotion to the Toronto CarQuest Distribution Centre; we made the same vast improvements at the Toronto Distribution Centre. In a short time we made improvements in product picking efficiency by re-working lines and thru positive motivation, and coaching. We also rapidly dropped picking errors. We also improved on lost time accidents. Through cross-training and motivation we eliminated most bottle-necks in productivity and in doing so eliminated most over-time. During my time at the Toronto Distribution Centre I was awarded with a warehouse manager of the year award. I was also chosen to be a mentor due to my ability to manage change, and present it in a positive manner to other managers, and supervisors in the company striving to get to the next level.
Pros
great job with great pay
Cons
it required me to move my family to toronto - family did not like toronto
productive and good working atmosphere.
Auto Parts Handler (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON15 May 2012
The typical day at work is basicly going to team mates morning meetings daily and the supervisor will assign you your work and do the work in that day. I have learned more about the Rf scanner and the princpals of the job. The Management is ok they should be better communication between the team mates and the rest of the management. My co-workers was great to work with with some typical conflicts that were resolved. The hardest part of the job is meeting their picking standards every month they move it up and have to reach at least 100% production level with picking with totes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is moving from stocking to picking and picking to stocking.
Pros
bbq luncheons.
Cons
meeting the standards.