CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very controlled environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: decent benefits and pay
Cons: constant changing schedules and benefits
Hours fluctuated regularly some mandatory weekends and late nights. For the most part decent co-workers
Fast paced
Sales Representative/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Longwood, FLJune 20, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: too much workload for the pay
You work as a team on everything, great customer rapport, discounts on in store purchases and participating companies, many benefits. Way too fast paced and not enough staff to deal with the workload.
Great Place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJune 12, 2014
Great place to work. It is a nice environment, fun and the people there are very helpful, and honest. They will work with you until the end.
very productive work place
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Indio, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: learning experience was great.
Cons: health care disappeared none for part time. lol
loved it learned a lot in the machine shop, always ready to teach me when i ask and the computer training, was the bomb great lol.
management did a good job for its employees. friendly co-workers great friends.health care was good .but. lol turned for the worst when we went to part time.
overall good experience
Outside Sales (Former Employee), Sauk City, WIJune 10, 2014
overal very low pay scale with no room to move up..this was a family owned store with limited resources
good company but short sighted
Parts Sales (Current Employee), Rock Springs, WYJune 8, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: no over time or help
A typical day at CARQUEST is busy with answering phones and taking orders. The team I work with for the most part tries to do their best everyday, but the corporate back up is not their. For new managers, little to no training is given and the pay is rather low. Also the corporation has a strangled abilities to change under preforming stores and will – more... not take the time to see the potentials that each individual stores have. This might be different in a franchised store, – less
Really enjoyed the company
Claims Support/ Auto Parts Handler II (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: worked well with who i am
Cons: didnt know how to not have family be supervisors of their own family members
I loved how the managers will work with you on your schedule when something comes up that has to do with family or medical. We had people with disabilities and they always worked with them until they fully understood what their job was. I don't really have any complaints about this company even after 7 years.
Good job
Counter Pro (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 29, 2014
Pros: good people, great environment
Cons: short breaks, healthcare, understaffed
Good job, no real benefits, not much room for career advancement.
It is a very fun work environment. Never a dull moment with the people I was around.
Mobile Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albany, ORMay 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches, able to talk with employees when we had free time.
Cons: very short breaks
I enjoyed my time working at CARQUEST. My boss was a kind hearted person, who was eager to help you when you didnt understand things. The whole entire team was easy to get along with as well as fun to be around. The customers, as well as the companies we delievered too were always generous and kind.
I wouldn't work there again
Customer Service Delivery Teammate (Former Employee), denverMay 12, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else
the pay is garbage, management doesn't appreciate you for what you are doing and since AAP has bought out GPI everything has changed
Not good, but its a job
Order Picker/Stocker (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 8, 2014
Pros: discount at retail stores
Cons: not a great place to work for too long
start of part time and not enough hours. Stayed as long as i did because of the friends I made.
hard to find good workers
lead counter man/interm store manager (Current Employee), Ellsworth, MEMay 5, 2014
the company itself is a good company but the way upper management handles things could be better. ive been running a store for 5 months with no compensation.
new cars up to date
Parts Driver (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 30, 2014
Pros: discount on auto parts
Cons: hard to keep drivers no young ppl want to do labor work
good company to work for personal car to use for work, meet nice ppl good workers smart management, coworkers a nice, that hardest part of driving in bad traffic and it being backed up we do have some time limites on some orders
Delivery driver..
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 20, 2014
Pros: driving
Cons: nothing!!
Delivery of Car parts to various Auto Repair shops and stocking merchandise to shelves during downtime!!
former employee
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Commerce, GAApril 14, 2014
make promises they don't keep
inventory inadequate
too much micro=management by district managers.
promise hours then take them away
treat employees like idiots
no respect for employees
lie about anything to get by
long hours low pay
cdl driver (Former Employee), ColumbiaApril 8, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: everything else
Was told that I would have a 4 day work week. When I started working there I was told that every 7th week it would be 4 days. Worked 12 to 14 hrs every night. Different route every night. Different alarm codes to remember every night. Drunks bothering me at stops in the middle of the night. Poorly maintained trucks and equipment.
ok place to work
Driver (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: no supervisor looking over you
Cons: pay
this company needs a total revamp, the vehicles are kept nasty and they hire drunks.
Educational
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2014
Good day Working with the customer they was always kind.
Learn ways to get around in the city of Memphis
Management was okay depend who was the manager.
I got along very well with my co-workers.
The job was not hard at all,except for one of the manager harassing me.
I like everything about the job,I like my co-workers,the customer and the differ places – more... in the city of Memphis to travel. – less
Terrible and back breaking
Delivery Driver/ Stock (Former Employee), Littleton, COMarch 23, 2014
Cons: the trucks, managers, no benefits, no raises
Depending on the day I would be either delivering car parts sometimes pulling parts from the back room to deliver to customers all around the metro area or do warehouse pick ups. Other days I'm either cleaning the entire store so it's read for next week or I am working in the store pulling parts and setting them out for the other drivers dealing with – more... faxes and payments and keeping the floor stocked and doing inventory. Management was terrible the owner didn't care for his employees never rewarded them in fact several people have quit because management was just so bad there, the co-workers were all great people nice hard working people that I got to know well. Only thing I learned was how to drive terrible stick-shift trucks, the hardest parts of the jobs were having to lift heavy car parts and bend over the truck to put them in the back or have to drive the terrible trucks that we had that barely ran or having to deal with the boss who was always mad 24/7 everyone in the store did not like dealing with him or talking to him. To be honest the most enjoyable part of the job was working on sundays when it was just me one other driver and one of the supervisors. – less
Summary
Driver (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
CARQUEST is one of the bets companies to work for. The company has the best delivering services and best parts for peoples cars.