CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work at work for
delievery driver (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Cons: to long lunch breaks
it was a fast pace job how to interface with people.the enjoyable part was meetingnew people it was a good team player enviorment
Shipper / Receiver / Delivery Driver
Shipper/Receiver/Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee), Sussex, NBJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: discounts of purchases
Cons: sometimes the long hours
This business is fast paced, as you deal with many different types of customers. ex: Garages

You have to be focused, and you have many tasks on the go at the same time. You could be picking orders to be delivered to a garage, getting an order ready to be picked up by a courier, or making a delivery if all other drivers were on the road.

The entire management team is "Hands On", and is involved with the day to day operation of this business.

The hardest part of the job was keeping track of where all of the delivery drivers were at any given time, being able to answer questions from management. If you didn't have an answer, you tried to find one.

The most enjoyable part of the job... Meeting the customers, dealing with them on a day to day basis. Knowing that you've been able to do something for them to help their day go a bit better.
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work involved driving to various customers to ensure they were satisfied with the products as well as customer service and proceeded to deliver orders to them if necessary to guarantee complete satisfaction with the company. Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day, the most enjoyable part was making sure our customers had a smile on their face.
Strong well founded company, solid
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 3, 2013
Great profit sharing program, good benefits, good work challenges, opportunities to travel and word with USA Head Office.
not impressive
Counter pro and sales clerk (Former Employee), New BrusnswickJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: competitive salary for maritimes good benifits
Cons: management
lots of heavy lifting. lots of courses online. manager at my store had issues. was hard to work for. unsure about other stores
Multi tasking took away the monotony of the day
Shipper Receiver/Clerical/Body/AutoCounter (Former Employee), Ajax, OntarioOctober 15, 2012
Pros: payed training
Cons: long hours, no summer vacation
As a corporate store, there were guidelines in place to ensure continuity, however, they did not leave room for the except when factor that we all experience.
The pay was par for the industry, but the hours were longer than most.
Enjoyed Working with Company&employess.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Lower Sackville, NSAugust 27, 2012
Pros: company paid for coures&lunch.
Check vechicle over before starting work,delivered parts to garages as quick as possible,I learned more of the auto parts industry,Boses treated u like everyday people,same as co-workers,To try&work a perfect day everyday,Driving&meeting people.
won distribution center of the year award
Distribution Center Manager / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 1, 2012
Pros: great job with great pay
Cons: it required me to move my family to toronto - family did not like toronto
In my role at the Saint John Distribution Centre we made solid improvements on proper student/part-time hiring that eliminated almost all over-time. We rapidly cross-trained to eliminate any areas that did not have enough people trained; thus eliminating bottle-necks in production, and also creating a more efficient Distribution Centre. We also were able to work with purchasing to create a much “smarter” Inventory, thus creating faster turn in inventory for our customers. We did all this and also focused on safety – noting that we worked over a year without a lost time accident. All of the above resulted in us winning the top Distribution Centre award in 2007.

That award gave me my promotion to the Toronto CarQuest Distribution Centre; we made the same vast improvements at the Toronto Distribution Centre. In a short time we made improvements in product picking efficiency by re-working lines and thru positive motivation, and coaching. We also rapidly dropped picking errors. We also improved on lost time accidents. Through cross-training and motivation we eliminated most bottle-necks in productivity and in doing so eliminated most over-time. During my time at the Toronto Distribution Centre I was awarded with a warehouse manager of the year award. I was also chosen to be a mentor due to my ability to manage change, and present it in a positive manner to other managers, and supervisors in the company striving to get to the next level.
productive and good working atmosphere.
Auto Parts Handler (Former Employee), Rexdale, ONMay 15, 2012
Pros: bbq luncheons.
Cons: meeting the standards.
The typical day at work is basicly going to team mates morning meetings daily and the supervisor will assign you your work and do the work in that day. I have learned more about the Rf scanner and the princpals of the job. The Management is ok they should be better communication between the team mates and the rest of the management. My co-workers was great to work with with some typical conflicts that were resolved. The hardest part of the job is meeting their picking standards every month they move it up and have to reach at least 100% production level with picking with totes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is moving from stocking to picking and picking to stocking.
Environnement de travail
Collecteur, assistant au directeur financier (Former Employee), BouchervilleSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: donner satisfaction aux clients
Cons: refuser une augmentation de limite de crédit
Une très bonne école pour apprendre dans le monde du travail.
Environnement de travail
Pros: donner satisfaction aux clients
Cons: refuser une augmentation de limite de crédit
Répondre aux gérants ou aux clients de leurs ouvertures de comptes ou leurs limites de crédits