CARQUEST Auto Parts Employee Reviews

Excellent
Auto parts Delivery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2016
I.I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility. As well as overseeing a Staff of seven individuals throughout the day I completed Various Admistrative duties as well
2.I learn so many things
3.management is awesome ( very generous )
4.Friendly. polite and awesome
5.learn most of difficult Job. Heavy lifting
6.meet all kind of people .and fun.
Pros
Free rides
Cons
Overtime
Auto parts
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON12 April 2016
When I worked there, people were friendly, everyone got a long.Management were ok, like to have favorites. picking auto parts, is a dirty job
productive, table soccer in cafeteria
shipper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2015
its good that you learn about the auto parts industry, co-workers are friendly and nice. the enjoyable part of the job is going home. the hours indecisive.
Pros
you get pay on time
Cons
baked oven in summer time(gurantee weight loss)
Friendly co-workers and amazing general manager.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. General manager is very supportive of employee growth, and creates a stress-free environment to learn within the job. Co-workers are very willing to help whenever there is a problem.
Not great but it's a job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 June 2015
I had a store manager that was under sold the product from our store and each store have it's own GP for profit sharing but to find out that our store was -30% , I was mad at my manager and the company that hired an oversee person and that's what you get for hiring Pakistan person for management position to run the store. After I went on to another job and the store closed down , which I knew that's was going to happen.
Cons
always asked to stay after hours to do last min deliveries.
very productive and great environment to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 May 2015
CARQUEST, I liked the people I worked with and our customers were wonderful. I loved to bring our products to our customers, great friendships. The shipping receiving part I liked to organize, and clean up stock.
Pros
very friendly job and driving is my specialty
Cons
very little pay
Pay is good, pressure to maintain standards is too much
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 April 2015
start time is a little too early if you're stocking and you live far from the location you're working at.
co-workers constantly complain.
not convinced workers are happy working there because of the pressure to maintain standard.
enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
management is decent because of two supervisors.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Maintain Standard, Unhappy workers, Higher ups dont care
Delivery of parts to automotive sector
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Picton14 January 2015
Overall my experience with Carquest was fine. I was treated very well and fairly, however poor wages and no benefits. On a day to day basis, the job went pretty well. It was a fun place to work, all employees got along very well and good team work in place.
Pros
predictable hours, friendly staff
Cons
no room for promotion
fun place to work at work for
delievery driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 January 2015
it was a fast pace job how to interface with people.the enjoyable part was meetingnew people it was a good team player enviorment
Cons
to long lunch breaks
Shipper / Receiver / Delivery Driver
Shipper/Receiver/Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB28 January 2014
This business is fast paced, as you deal with many different types of customers. ex: Garages

You have to be focused, and you have many tasks on the go at the same time. You could be picking orders to be delivered to a garage, getting an order ready to be picked up by a courier, or making a delivery if all other drivers were on the road.

The entire management team is "Hands On", and is involved with the day to day operation of this business.

The hardest part of the job was keeping track of where all of the delivery drivers were at any given time, being able to answer questions from management. If you didn't have an answer, you tried to find one.

The most enjoyable part of the job... Meeting the customers, dealing with them on a day to day basis. Knowing that you've been able to do something for them to help their day go a bit better.
Pros
Discounts of purchases
Cons
Sometimes the long hours
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 October 2013
A typical day at work involved driving to various customers to ensure they were satisfied with the products as well as customer service and proceeded to deliver orders to them if necessary to guarantee complete satisfaction with the company. Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day, the most enjoyable part was making sure our customers had a smile on their face.
Strong well founded company, solid
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario3 March 2013
Great profit sharing program, good benefits, good work challenges, opportunities to travel and word with USA Head Office.
not impressive
Counter pro and sales clerk (Former Employee) –  New Brusnswick2 January 2013
lots of heavy lifting. lots of courses online. manager at my store had issues. was hard to work for. unsure about other stores
Pros
competitive salary for maritimes good benifits
Cons
management
Multi tasking took away the monotony of the day
Shipper Receiver/Clerical/Body/AutoCounter (Former Employee) –  Ajax, Ontario15 October 2012
As a corporate store, there were guidelines in place to ensure continuity, however, they did not leave room for the except when factor that we all experience.
The pay was par for the industry, but the hours were longer than most.
Pros
payed training
Cons
long hours, no summer vacation
Enjoyed Working with Company&employess.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS27 August 2012
Check vechicle over before starting work,delivered parts to garages as quick as possible,I learned more of the auto parts industry,Boses treated u like everyday people,same as co-workers,To try&work a perfect day everyday,Driving&meeting people.
Pros
company paid for coures&lunch.
won distribution center of the year award
Distribution Center Manager / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 August 2012
In my role at the Saint John Distribution Centre we made solid improvements on proper student/part-time hiring that eliminated almost all over-time. We rapidly cross-trained to eliminate any areas that did not have enough people trained; thus eliminating bottle-necks in production, and also creating a more efficient Distribution Centre. We also were able to work with purchasing to create a much “smarter” Inventory, thus creating faster turn in inventory for our customers. We did all this and also focused on safety – noting that we worked over a year without a lost time accident. All of the above resulted in us winning the top Distribution Centre award in 2007.

That award gave me my promotion to the Toronto CarQuest Distribution Centre; we made the same vast improvements at the Toronto Distribution Centre. In a short time we made improvements in product picking efficiency by re-working lines and thru positive motivation, and coaching. We also rapidly dropped picking errors. We also improved on lost time accidents. Through cross-training and motivation we eliminated most bottle-necks in productivity and in doing so eliminated most over-time. During my time at the Toronto Distribution Centre I was awarded with a warehouse manager of the year award. I was also chosen to be a mentor due to my ability to manage change, and present it in a positive manner to other managers, and supervisors in the company striving to get to the next level.
Pros
great job with great pay
Cons
it required me to move my family to toronto - family did not like toronto
productive and good working atmosphere.
Auto Parts Handler (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON15 May 2012
The typical day at work is basicly going to team mates morning meetings daily and the supervisor will assign you your work and do the work in that day. I have learned more about the Rf scanner and the princpals of the job. The Management is ok they should be better communication between the team mates and the rest of the management. My co-workers was great to work with with some typical conflicts that were resolved. The hardest part of the job is meeting their picking standards every month they move it up and have to reach at least 100% production level with picking with totes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is moving from stocking to picking and picking to stocking.
Pros
bbq luncheons.
Cons
meeting the standards.
environnement sous pression
Superviseur à l'expédition (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC4 April 2016
planification de la journée et expédition des commandes.
gérer un environnement syndical.
directeur du centre de distribution.
nombre d'heure de travail et l'horaire.
Autonomie a prendre les décisions.
Pros
fond de pension bonne assurance.
Cons
L'horaire de travail
Environnement de travail
Collecteur, assistant au directeur financier (Former Employee) –  Boucherville24 September 2012
Une très bonne école pour apprendre dans le monde du travail.
Pros
donner satisfaction aux clients
Cons
refuser une augmentation de limite de crédit
Environnement de travail
Répondre aux gérants ou aux clients de leurs ouvertures de comptes ou leurs limites de crédits
Pros
donner satisfaction aux clients
Cons
refuser une augmentation de limite de crédit