CARQUEST Auto Parts

CARQUEST Auto Parts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2013
A typical day at work involved driving to various customers to ensure they were satisfied with the products as well as customer service and proceeded to deliver orders to them if necessary to guarantee complete satisfaction with the company. Hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day, the most enjoyable part was making sure our customers – more... had a smile on their face. – less
Strong well founded company, solid
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 3, 2013
Great profit sharing program, good benefits, good work challenges, opportunities to travel and word with USA Head Office.
not impressive
Counter pro and sales clerk (Former Employee), New BrusnswickJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: competitive salary for maritimes good benifits
Cons: management
lots of heavy lifting. lots of courses online. manager at my store had issues. was hard to work for. unsure about other stores
Multi tasking took away the monotony of the day
Shipper Receiver/Clerical/Body/AutoCounter (Former Employee), Ajax, OntarioOctober 15, 2012
Pros: payed training
Cons: long hours, no summer vacation
As a corporate store, there were guidelines in place to ensure continuity, however, they did not leave room for the except when factor that we all experience.
The pay was par for the industry, but the hours were longer than most.
Enjoyed Working with Company&employess.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Lower Sackville, NSAugust 27, 2012
Pros: company paid for coures&lunch.
Check vechicle over before starting work,delivered parts to garages as quick as possible,I learned more of the auto parts industry,Boses treated u like everyday people,same as co-workers,To try&work a perfect day everyday,Driving&meeting people.
won distribution center of the year award
Distribution Center Manager / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBAugust 1, 2012
Pros: great job with great pay
Cons: it required me to move my family to toronto - family did not like toronto
In my role at the Saint John Distribution Centre we made solid improvements on proper student/part-time hiring that eliminated almost all over-time. We rapidly cross-trained to eliminate any areas that did not have enough people trained; thus eliminating bottle-necks in production, and also creating a more efficient Distribution Centre. We also were – more... able to work with purchasing to create a much “smarter” Inventory, thus creating faster turn in inventory for our customers. We did all this and also focused on safety – noting that we worked over a year without a lost time accident. All of the above resulted in us winning the top Distribution Centre award in 2007.

That award gave me my promotion to the Toronto CarQuest Distribution Centre; we made the same vast improvements at the Toronto Distribution Centre. In a short time we made improvements in product picking efficiency by re-working lines and thru positive motivation, and coaching. We also rapidly dropped picking errors. We also improved on lost time accidents. Through cross-training and motivation we eliminated most bottle-necks in productivity and in doing so eliminated most over-time. During my time at the Toronto Distribution Centre I was awarded with a warehouse manager of the year award. I was also chosen to be a mentor due to my ability to manage change, and present it in a positive manner to other managers, and supervisors in the company striving to get to the next level. – less
productive and good working atmosphere.
Auto Parts Handler (Former Employee), Rexdale, ONMay 15, 2012
Pros: bbq luncheons.
Cons: meeting the standards.
The typical day at work is basicly going to team mates morning meetings daily and the supervisor will assign you your work and do the work in that day. I have learned more about the Rf scanner and the princpals of the job. The Management is ok they should be better communication between the team mates and the rest of the management. My co-workers was – more... great to work with with some typical conflicts that were resolved. The hardest part of the job is meeting their picking standards every month they move it up and have to reach at least 100% production level with picking with totes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is moving from stocking to picking and picking to stocking. – less
Terrible work enviorment
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee), Roswell, NMOctober 8, 2014
Cons: everything
No on site job training,poor management, poor work ethics, no team moral (every man for himself) extremely hostile work environment. The pay is not worth putting up with this type of behavior on a daily bases as you'll only get $8.00 an hour.
retail
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 8, 2014
slow moving to upper management, pay is not equal to experience.
Enjoyable place to work for
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Florissant, MOOctober 6, 2014
deliver car parts, clean up store when needed. Got along real well with the co workers. Would recommend this job to others.
fun workplace
Parts Driver (Current Employee), Murray, UTOctober 2, 2014
I go and deliver parts on down time I stock shelfs. My co-workers are fun to work with. my hardest part of the job multiple delivery's, I most enjoy about the job is being trusted to be on my own
Productive and fun workplace.
Parts Salesman (Former Employee), Leadville, COSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: family owned
Cons: no lunch breaks.
A typical day at work would involve helping customers find the parts and accessories needed in a timely manner. When not doing that, I would be running deliveries to local shops.

I learned a good bit about heavy equipment and outside sourcing, although the system was confusing at times while placing orders.

Management was friendly and easy to get – more... along with. Really makes work a nice place to be when you have managers that can keep the business going while maintaining a sense of a relaxed environment. When a business is family owned and operated typically the work environment is close to ideal. – less
BUSY
Driver/ Sales (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CASeptember 24, 2014
BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE SOME STAFF WAS OK TO WORK WITH A LOT OF DRAMA
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Manvel, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Provided friendly store-front sales support to walk-in clients with specific inquiries. Ensured timely delivery services for trucking and commercial parts supplier. Established good rapport with clientele for repeat deliveries and promoted high customer satisfaction.
deliver parts, work counter
delievery driver/customer service (Former Employee), KentuckySeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: bad upper management
Worked there for 4 years and dealt with a lot of bad management and favoritism. Never would get offered full time employment and when the store closed I had worked there longer than any other team member. I feel like I worked extremely hard and put up with a lot of stuff to try to increase sales and turn the store around and didn't get any recognition – more... for it and I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I never called in, if I did it was about twice a year at the most. Others in the store were being treated the same way. Was suppose to receive bonuses when the store made plan, but never did. Then they come in and give us less then a months notice that they are shutting the store down and either you accept a position at other store in another town or you go home, which I went home. I stayed the whole time and helped get the store shut down and on the last day that we were opened for business I never even received a thanks for all the help or any kind of thanks for all the work that I had put in over the years. Mainly upper management was the problem. As long as they get there huge paycheck they could care less about the people who actually keep the wheels turning. I'm sure its not this way company wide but it was in my area. – less
Retail auto parts
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Noblesville, INSeptember 14, 2014
A typical day at this job, is attending to a customer in need of auto parts. Commercial accounts required parts delivery. I enjoyed providing customers requests with parts that are needed.
Short stay under the worst manager i have ever experienced
third keyholder: realy assistant manger (Former Employee), Helotes txSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: was a small company with pretty good communication
Cons: little advancement, no support, lots of things were obsolete.
It was a time of change the company had just been sold after years of trying. I thought this would be a good thing didn't get the chance to find out. The owners had deliberately no invested in the company instead buiding a large cash resreve as a candy to make it more attractive.
Shelf Stoker, Cashier (Current Employee), Jena, LASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: can leave throughout the day for personal reasons if needed
Cons: no lunch break, minimum wage
When I get to work I spend 2 to 3 hours putting up parts that have came in earlier that morning, when I am done with that I come to my computer and wait for customers that need help or need to check out. Throughout the day I also answer the phone, restock and face shelves, and make deliveried if needed.
Fun easy job.
Customer Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WASeptember 1, 2014
Job as a driver is easy and fun. Your job duties include pulling parts off the shelves and driving them to the local repair shops in town.
Good place to work. Bad location for me personally
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Vernal, UTAugust 27, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: location
Good job with decent pay and benefits. I was not happy living in Vernal.

1 2 3 4 5