Caron Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Well run trucking company
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2015
They are committed to a high level of performance through consistant maintenance, upgrading, and monitoring of equipment. Also committed to accommodating employee needs when possible to help ensure employee satisfaction. Typical day for drivers are long which is unavoidable. Co-workers are all easy to get along with and management is appreciative of their employees.
Pros
great pay
Cons
difficult industry

Comment – August 22, 2016

Thank you for the feedback, we are happy to hear that you had a positive experience while working with Caron. Best Wishes, Human Resources

Over worked - Under Paided - No Personal life balance
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood ParkJanuary 18, 2015
Didn't matter what terminal you worked for as they all treated the drivers like pieces of meat behind the wheel. Weak dispatch and micro managed system in place. It was stated that you have scheduled days off but be prepared for non. Be prepared to work excessively long unpaid hours with no balance for personal life and work. The hardest part of the job was dispatch changed their mind lots not allowing you to prepare for the trip. I wouldn't work for they again.
Pros
Great for no experienced drivers
Cons
Job doesnt pay enough for expertise that you require for job, Long hours, Lots of unpaid hours, No personal life balance, No scheduled days off, No training after inital training, Assumed that you know how to do the job, Nasty chemical work

Comment – August 22, 2016

We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience while working with Caron. If you would be interested in providing us with more information you can reach out to us at the Human Resources Confidential inbox at hrc@carontransport.ca. We appreciate all feedback so we can improve the Caron experience for current and future employees. Best wishes, Human Resources

Good Company
1A Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon SKSeptember 4, 2013
Some days, I really miss working for this company. Had some very impressive pay cheques, which I am yet to match in my current job, four years later.

Workload was heavy, but not overwhelming. Always had enough energy left at the end of the week to wash the truck.

The job required a lot of driving skill, as the tankers consisted of one long compartment barrel (no smaller compartments with bulkheads, like fuel tankers). Consequently, the sloshing could give you back and neck pain pretty quick if you didn't learn to drive very smoothly.

The chemicals they transport (sodium hydroxide, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid) are VERY bad for the health. My teeth started to crack and erode during my tenure with Caron's. Also developed a bit of a productive cough at times, even though I've never touched a cigarette.

I suppose that's the trade-off. It was one I was no longer willing to make, for the sake of my health.
Pros
very good pay and benefits. newer, well-maintained equipment
Cons
long work days, away from home a lot, dangerous chemicals
Great people to work with, poor unethical management
Workhorse (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 10, 2013
You meet some great people working at Caron Transport, the downfall is the unethical behavior of the management. They abuse employees who are loyal and hardworking and praise managers who behave unethically all the time. Great people, poor environment.
Pros
Company Function
Cons
Long hours, no compensation, no morals, values or ethics within management staff

Comment – August 22, 2016

We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience while working with Caron. If you are interested in providing us with more information please reach out to our Human Resources Confidential inbox at hrc@carontransport.ca. We welcome any feedback you would be willing to provide to help us improve the Caron experience. Best wishes, Human Resources

great company
Assistant to the Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 16, 2013
I have received some incredible experience and opportunities at Caron and made some life long friends in the past 5 years. Unfortunately, due to the last year of severe staffing shortages and turn arounds the excessive work has fallen on me and I have had to give up all me evenings and weekends and my family life has suffered so i have decided it was time to move on.
Pros
awesome staff functions
Cons
way too much work and uncompensated over time

1.8