Caron Transportation Systems

Caron Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Over worked - Under Paided - No Personal life balance
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Sherwood ParkJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great for no experienced drivers
Cons: job doesnt pay enough for expertise that you require for job, long hours, lots of unpaid hours, no personal life balance, no scheduled days off, no training after inital training, assumed that you know how to do the job, nasty chemical work
Didn't matter what terminal you worked for as they all treated the drivers like pieces of meat behind the wheel. Weak dispatch and micro managed system in place. It was stated that you have scheduled days off but be prepared for non. Be prepared to work excessively long unpaid hours with no balance for personal life and work. The hardest part of the job was dispatch changed their mind lots not allowing you to prepare for the trip. I wouldn't work for they again.
Good Company
1A Company Driver (Former Employee), Saskatoon SKSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: very good pay and benefits. newer, well-maintained equipment
Cons: long work days, away from home a lot, dangerous chemicals
Some days, I really miss working for this company. Had some very impressive pay cheques, which I am yet to match in my current job, four years later.

Workload was heavy, but not overwhelming. Always had enough energy left at the end of the week to wash the truck.

The job required a lot of driving skill, as the tankers consisted of one long compartment barrel (no smaller compartments with bulkheads, like fuel tankers). Consequently, the sloshing could give you back and neck pain pretty quick if you didn't learn to drive very smoothly.

The chemicals they transport (sodium hydroxide, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid) are VERY bad for the health. My teeth started to crack and erode during my tenure with Caron's. Also developed a bit of a productive cough at times, even though I've never touched a cigarette.

I suppose that's the trade-off. It was one I was no longer willing to make, for the sake of my health.
Great people to work with, poor unethical management
Workhorse (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMay 10, 2013
Pros: company function
Cons: long hours, no compensation, no morals, values or ethics within management staff
You meet some great people working at Caron Transport, the downfall is the unethical behavior of the management. They abuse employees who are loyal and hardworking and praise managers who behave unethically all the time. Great people, poor environment.
great company
Assistant to the Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: awesome staff functions
Cons: way too much work and uncompensated over time
I have received some incredible experience and opportunities at Caron and made some life long friends in the past 5 years. Unfortunately, due to the last year of severe staffing shortages and turn arounds the excessive work has fallen on me and I have had to give up all me evenings and weekends and my family life has suffered so i have decided it was time to move on.