We are looking for a Junior Legal Assistant to support two Associates in our Litigation group; emphasis will be in Foreclosure & Bankruptcy/Insolvency.
The successful candidate will have a Legal Assistant diploma or certificate from a recognized college or 2+ years of on-the-job training. You must have the demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 65 WPM.
The position requires someone with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and who is extremely organized. We require the existing skill sets:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Internet capable;
- Able to troubleshoot basic computer issues;
- Understands the risks associated with internet malware;
- Able to learn new software;
- Demonstrated ability to dicta-type;
- Demonstrated ability to take instructions accurately and to follow instructions;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language including the ability to proof read for grammatical and spelling errors;
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic document formatting including formatting of letters, labels and other common office documents;
- Demonstrated eagerness and ability to learn.
We also require you to have a basic understanding of all processes and documentation, this includes the below developing skill sets:
- Learning to open files both electronically and in hard copy, including all related procedures for client identification, and retainer letters;
- Learning to manage incoming and outgoing correspondence both electronically and in hard copy;
- Learning to arrange bookings including client meetings, questionings and court appearances;
- Learning to properly and accurately diarize files;
- Learning to keep files organized including correspondence files, trial binders, document binders and other file components;
- Gaining knowledge of legal procedures and legal precedents;
- Learning procedures for the filing of court documents;
- Learning how to prepare affidavits of records;
- Learning how to manage accounts receivables on client files;
- Learning how to conduct various courthouse and other searches.
If you would like to work at a place that fosters a stimulating and positive environment, apply today, we can accommodate you.
Salary commensurate with experience; benefit plan available.
We thank everyone who applies, however, only those selected will be contacted.
Tami R. White
Human Resources Manager
Direct Line: (403) 770-4013