Carnival Chaser is looking for an creative Graphic Design Intern!
We are looking for a recent graduate or currently enrolled student to join us as a Graphic Design intern. This unpaid position will place you right in the action, working alongside our creative and editorial departments to provide creative design assistance for CarnivalChaser Magazine and carnivalchaser.com. Reporting to the Founder/CEO and the President, the Graphic Designer will serve as an extended branch of the Company’s marketing, public relations and information technology group.
- Provide graphic design input to magazines, website and Brand identity,
- Finding the most effective way to get our Brand across in print and electronic media using color, type, photography, illustration and various print and layout techniques,
- Select the size and arrangement of the difference elements on the page or screen,
- Provide complete design and marketing solutions in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Handle multiple projects.
- Support the public relations and social media team in the completion of projects,
- Organization and maintenance of all editorial materials, and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experienced in page layout or editorial/magazine design
- Ability to present innovative design solutions
- Creative, innovative and a strong visual sense
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Can work on projects from concept to completion
- Have a keen eye for design – think visually
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to multi task and work within tight deadlines
- Solid experience with Adobe CS5 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Proficiency in WORDPRESS
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Ideal Degree or equivalent in Graphic Designs/Art and Design
Additional key attributes are:
- Knowledge or interest to learn the Caribbean culture and carnival (i.e Caribana)
This is a hands-on position! Our interns are part of the Carnival Chaser team and gain real-world design experience in a fun, interactive! Check us out online at: www.CarnivalChaserMagazine.com
All interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter, resume and portfolio to our email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Graphic Design Intern
Intern - Entry Level