Carmanah is a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) provider for turn-key commercial rooftop photovoltaics. We specialize in optimal energy generation through professionally engineered solutions that are efficiently managed and expertly installed. Carmanah partners with Canada’s largest energy developers, resulting in more than 75 successfully commissioned projects. Join Carmanah and help us put solar to work™.
Located in downtown Toronto, the AutoCAD Drafter will report to the Lead Systems Engineer of Carmanah’s Solar EPC Services Group. The ideal candidate will have intense AutoCAD experience, have formal training (Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree, College Diploma) and have experience with basic and advanced AutoCAD functionality.
General Description and Responsibilities
- Creating AutoCAD layouts for businesses by interpreting and piecing together multiple sources of information.
- Creating and formatting drawing sets used for permitting and installation.
- Communicating with engineers in order to complete designs.
Skills and Requirements
- At least one year of intense AutoCAD usage in an applicable and relevant full-time position.
- Familiarity with dimensioning, scaling, and typical CAD standards.
- Detail-oriented with an eye towards automation including LISP programming, custom toolbar creation, and database management.
- Organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Works well in a fast paced work environment
- Can work independently and can take make good decisions based on given information.
- Experience creating complete drawing sets.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design is preferred and beneficial but not required.
To apply, please visit our website at http://carmanah.com/company/careers
Carmanah Technologies Corporation specializes in energy-efficient signaling and illumination products as well as mobile and grid-tie power...