Carlton Cards Employee Reviews

Great company!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON11 December 2017
I am enjoying my Merchandiser job with Carlton. They are an equal opportunity employer who respects their employees. Job is flexible to fit into your lifestyle and availability. Coworkers are extremely helpful and friendly!
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Pay minimal
Fast paced work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 October 2017
Enjoyable work environment. Busy during all seasonal times i.e. Christmas. Work mostly alone . Need to be able to multi task while serving customers. Responsible for merchandising store for every season.
Limited hours but rewarding work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2017
It was a fun place to work, however the company had very limited hours to give. They could only pay minimum wage and could not offer a lot of hours to work. It is great for part-time work or very good to balance with another job. You get to work alone most of the time, but teams are always very nice and management is really good.
Carlton Cards overall experience... blah.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
I didn't work at this store long, but long enough to realize it was the most boring job I have ever had, way too slow paced. Staff was too chit chatty. Also way too many things that you need to memorize and training time was super short. At location I worked you also worked alone a lot which just made things stressful when you have tasks to do around the store and constantly have to check up at the registers to make sure customers aren't waiting. I also heard customers constantly talking about how ridiculously expensive some the the prices were.

I can't say that any part of the job was enjoyable, except leaving.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
staff attitudes, point of sale system, short staffed
great cards
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 June 2017
Carlton Cards sold an assortment of greeting cards that were perfect for any occasion. I also loved the customer basis that the cards brought to the store.
Merchandiser with Carlton Cards
Product Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 June 2017
I worked for Carleton Cards in the capacity of a Merchandiser. I learned about the importance of paying attention to detail, whether it be in setting up displays or placing orders.
Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
I sold cards to customers. Helped the look for any thing spacific and placed orders if you needed. Did wall displays and orders. Customer service was our main priority.
Fun and inspireing workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 February 2017
Working at Carton I would be responsible for Opening or Closing the store, I learned all of my merchandising and shipping and receiving skills from Carlton Cards. The management was fantastic everyone was very easy going and great listeners. My favourite part of working there was listening to peoples stories good and bad, laughing together or trying to brighten up someone's day I always left work feeling good about myself knowing I could help someone.
Pros
Customers, Organized, Easy going
Cons
Few staff, Long Hours
Interesting card store environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 February 2017
Slow paced environment that always kept you busy. A variety of different skills required, and each shift was different. Requires merchandising, customer service, organising, money management, and a knowledge of computers
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Enjoyable working for Carlton Cards
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Typical day at work was interacting with customers and assisting them with all their needs.

Good atmosphere, management was easy to get along with.
Pros
Employees were nice.
Fun exciting place to work
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 January 2017
I really loved working for this company. I learned a lot from them. The more I learned the more responsibilities were giving. We were always doing and learning something. I started out in a small location and moved from there to bigger and busier stores. As a manager I always tried to make each day fun and exciting for my staff.
Productive and Satisfying
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 January 2017
Reading and implementing emails sales promotions working with customers.
Stronger visual understanding
Understanding management family
Fast-paced environment
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
A typical day involved sales of clothing and helping customers as necessary and stocking shelves. I learned how to work with many different personalities.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney Nova Scotia28 December 2016
Manager and assistant manager bad mouthing district managers
Manger bad mouthing the staff behind their back
Manager would be scheduled to work specific days by the company but would want those days off so she would call or text you last minute to make you work it, unknown to the company.
Manager would forge your initials on bank deposits
Company would threaten your hours if you didn't get the sales and in a smal.mall you might not have the foot traffic but they didn't care.
Place was always filthy and messy
Manager always on her phone and always on break
Terrible place to work
great place to work
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 November 2016
I enjoyed working for this company, I was well trained for merchandising product.giving customers my full attention as needed.
organization skills and cashier
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2016
I like working for carlton cards because its a nice store and they had lots of the same customers.. I didn't like the manger all that much she was kind of rude to all customers but now that store has closed down
Wonderful company..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS11 September 2016
I enjoyed working with Carlton cards very friendly co workers wonderful management .This company shows their staff that they appreciate the work they do. Really good discounts for staff. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for work.The only thing I didn't like was always have to wear black..
Pros
good discounts
Cons
wearing black..
Sales Associate + Key Holder
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
My first retail job. This job was ok for an 18 year old to learn responsibility. I had my purse, money, new glasses stolen from someone who was stealing money from all locations so I don't think it was very safe job.
Pros
Sales Associate and promoted to Key holder
Cons
Too much expectations from young people
Busy and productive work life, enjoyable interactions with coworkers and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2016
A typical day at work started with arriving 20 minutes before the mall opened to set up and balance the cash registers, organize last nights bank deposit and tidy up before customers arrived. The mornings often started out slow and traffic picked up steadily throughout the day. We got shipments once a week, ranging from 5 boxes to 35 boxes, so when you weren't assisting or ringing up customers, you were unpacking shipments; restocking current products and merchandising new product.

I got along very well with my co workers and my manager worked hard to make sure everyone was satisfied and that the store was in tip top shape. I enjoyed learning under her, and she taught me a lot about patience and working with customers.
Pros
Hard work ethic and strong relations with co-workers
Cons
Understaffed
Slow paced environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 June 2016
A good entry level job for people learning to work retail, the stores are generally slow paced and allow for easy training and adjusting.