Carlton Cards

Carlton Cards Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Pros: Got a raised, quit and boss wanted me back
Cons: My perse ID glases were robbed from me.
Go to work
Clock in
Read binder of tasks to be completed in between customers
Customer Service
Up selling products aim for goal
Close store
General store clean up
Home
It has very friendly customers that come in to shop.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioJune 9, 2015
I enjoy helping the people that come in. I have learned many things over the years there and I'm very grateful. I have also had the chance to work with some wonderful people. Even there have been ups and downs I wouldn't change it for anything. I feel like I have grown as a real person working at this job.
Amazing Place to Work if You Really like to Organize
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work usually involves receiving shipments, putting inventory out on the floor, and maintaining and organizing displays and merchandise. My co-workers were fun to work with, and could always – more... make me smile, my managers were amazing as they were strict, but fair and friendly. I learned about managing tills and the importance of filling out the paperwork correctly every time. I really like to organize things and set up displays, so this job allowed me to do what I liked doing, but in a work setting. The hardest part of the job was when a big shipment comes in on an unexpectedly busy day. We always try to work our hardest, do our best, and co-operate, regardless of how difficult a task is, so somehow we always manage to get through the rough parts of the job. – less
My Dream Job
Cashier Sales /Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 27, 2015
As a sales associate and a team player, this was the best job I have ever had. Great managers, co-workers and customers of all ages. It was a very sad day when the store had closed, I have still stayed in touch with co-workers and customers(friends) to this very day. Learned so much.
Good Retail Experince
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 24, 2015
I enjoyed working at Carlton Cards because it kept me active and there was always plenty of things to do around the store. People were friendly and I was glad to be able to assist people in finding what they need and keeping the store stocked and clean.
Fast passed at fuel desk ,,,quiet while doing the books
STORE MANAGER (STORE CLOSURE) (Former Employee), calgary abFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lots of interaction with people and always free coffee
Cons: when the company sold
I started at Flying J as a cashier , after the accounting manager left without notice I offered to help even though I had zero experience with book keeping , I found the people at head office very helpful – more... . They basically spent 3 days teaching me over the phone .However when pilot took over I was asked to step down after 1 year of doing the books so they could bring in somebody with actual training .
Overall I loved the challenge and the people I worked with , My favorite part of the job was seeing customers come from all over the world . – less
Productive and Fun place
Retail Assistant /Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
I really like working at Carlton cards. It is a fun place to work. There is a great team work . Respectful and happy work environment.
Great place to work with wonderful staff memebers
Sales representative (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 1, 2014
Normally I would be working alone managing the till and restocking cards and other merchandise. Once it was time to close the store I cleaned, did computer work and dealt with the money by counting, making – more... the deposit and dropping in the safe.

I really enjoyed being able to have conversations with the costumers and help them find what they needed. Hardest part was making sure you have the store closed within 15 minutes. – less
Physically demanding, most workers work straight thru to finish their Projects without taking Breaks even if they do work longer than 4 hours
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), GTAJuly 24, 2014
Cons: a huge amount of emails each day
Basically you walk in to the Retailer, do your Merchandising Task, then leave the retailer. Some of these Merchandising Projects do take longer than 4 hours, however; very often other Team Members will not take any breaks during the 4 hour period just so that they can be done the Task and out the door!
Enjoyed the job, good coworkers and store management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJuly 11, 2014
Enjoyed helping the customers find what they were looking for.
Opportunities for improvement
Keyholder (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours where possible
Cons: breaks are not regular, shifts are not regular unless they are inconvenient(ie regularly late nights and weekends), no job advancement, no pay raises, no one to cover on sick days, understaffed without likely hood of hiring extra employees, sudden hour cuts, lack of communication, lack of training
A typical day begins with me either opening store or coming in during lunch hour, usually moving stock from one area of the store to another to make space due to receiving excess stock as it must always go out on the floor straight away. Organizing and disorganizing cards, helping customers find what they are looking for, and closing the store as quickly as possible at the end of the day.
daily routines
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 5, 2014
Maintaing the store stocked and clean. Tending to customers of cards, gifts and etc. Assisting coworkers through the store.
too short hours ,enjoyable place to work,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: manager, co-workers, challenging displays, customers
Cons: short hours
It was enjoyable fun place to work, I was fun working on displays and working with my co-workers. I enjoyed talking with the public. I really enjoyed work at this store . It was so sad when the store closed it's doors
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 3, 2013
Pros: fun place, good people, good environment
Cons: closing of the store
Athlete's World was a fun place to be. It was a pretty busy and popular store when it was still open. Alot of people my age shopped there so it was nice to see people you'd know or meet new people. the hourly wage was a bit over minimum so I couldn't complain. Co workers were the best! Boss was the nicest.
Average retail job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 21, 2013
Average retail job with typical upsale requirements and stipulations.
Customer Service position
Sales Clerk/Evening Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, onOctober 9, 2013
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: low wages
First Job, Part time while still in school
Very little, minimum wage
Calm and Welcoming environment to work in
customer service, cashing, and store maintenance (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 18, 2013
calm and slow paced environment. Giving the best individual attention to the customer for the best experience.
Fun, Easy Customer Service Part Time Sales Associate
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2013
Customer Service
Sales Associate Retail
Own your selling skills
Gift shops
productive, and flexible work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours
Working for Carlton Cards as a merchandiser is a great part-time job because I am like my own boss. I work independently when I am available and am good at it, but the hours a very little.
Gained experience for my desired job path as an office clerk.
Co-op placement (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 12, 2013
Pros: great workmates to work with. close to home.
My main duties were to open and sort mail before delivering it to the Accounts Payable department.

My other duties were to find and photocopy paperwork for the Accounts Payable department. Helped out in the mailroom to sort mail for the various departments within the company.

About Carlton Cards

Like its customers, Schurman Fine Papers (dba Papyrus) strives to make the┬áright impression. The company, which operates stores – Read more