Carlton Cards – Canada’s #1 Greeting Card Company is looking for an experienced Promotions Specialist for a one-year contract to cover a maternity leave.
Reporting to the Sr. Graphic Designer the Promotions Specialist works in collaboration with the Marketing team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the execution of sales promotions programs for retailers
- Coordinate promotional projects with multiple internal and external resources, communicating program progress
- Responsible for the face of Carlton Cards in social media. Plan and execute monthly calendars for Facebook and Twitter and interact with the public as the key contact for Carlton Cards
- Complete administrative duties to support the execution of sales promotions and internal reporting processes
- Coordination with account store operations, communications with sales, follow-up, internal processing, research and measurement
- Applies measurement techniques to all promotions developed and provides timely and accurate reconciliation of promotional and financial impact to internal customers as well as retailers
- Track all retailer promotional fund reconciliation from initiation to closure. Report on all funds on a monthly basis
- Post-secondary education in advertising, marketing retail management or communications
- 2 to 4 years of professional advertising and sales promotions experience preferable or general project management experience
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced corporate environment, all the while maintaining priorities and meeting strict deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Expert proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent organizational skills as well as effective time management skills.
- Capable of working independently and within a dynamic team
- Social media training and experience a definite asset
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are among the most suitable for the position, we will be in touch with you shortly to take your interest to the next level.
No agencies or phone calls, please. We encourage applications from all designated groups. While we appreciate all responses, we must advise only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please email your resume. Applications will be accepted until May 3, 2014.
Carlton Cards Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Greetings and is Canada's largest greeting card company.