Carlton Cards, Canada’s leading social expressions/paper products company has an immediate opening for a PRG Account Specialist.
Reporting to the PRG Account Executive, the PRG Account Specialist is responsible to assist in the development, growth and execution of merchandising and product strategies for the PRG brands within the Canadian marketplace. This position will revolve around three primary areas: 1.) become the product and process expert for both the Papyrus and Recycled Paper Greeting brands in Canada 2.) the primary PRG resource for all Carlton Sales / FSO and Inside sales teams for the rollout, execution and continuing service of the PRG brands to the Carlton retailers and 3.) direct selling responsibility for a number of smaller PRG chains within the Canadian marketplace.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on development, execution and growth of both the Papyrus and Recycled Paper Greetings brands within the Canadian Marketplace:
o Partner with the product and marketing business units for Papyrus and Recycled Paper greetings to understand all the marketing and product strategies and how they are aligned for Canada
o Regular travel to the PRG offices in Chicago and Fairfield to work directly with the US groups
o Assist in the communication of the marketing and product documents that need to be geared towards Canada
o Develop a resource for the FSO group to be able to answer questions around the brands
o Present PRG strategies to both internal and external customers
o Assist the business units in the US with understanding the key needs and requirements for Canada
o Work with Canadian business analysts to review total PRG business in Canada
- Establish role as the primary “resident expert / go to person” in Canada for all Account Executives / FSO / Inside Sales team.
o Assist appropriate sales person / team in rollout of new distribution of PRG brands
o Work with the Canadian AE team to plan and develop strategies within existing customers to increase sales and product growth
o Present PRG product strategies to Canadian retailers
o Work with Canadian business Analysts to analyze PRG sales within Carlton retailers
- Direct selling responsibility for smaller volume PRG chains located within the Toronto area.
o Direct contact and responsibility for the selling and maintaining of smaller assigned PRG chains
o Work with the retailers to grow the sales and product strategies for each assigned chain
o Direct buyer / customer contact
o Communicate all retailer strategies to the FSO and Inside Sales teams
o Develop relationships at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or related degree
- 3-5 years in prior account management and product marketing
- Proven ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical;
- Ability to incorporate critical thinking skills to anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues.
- Attention to detail and timely follow up is essential;
- Computer experience required, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Strong presentation skills, both written and oral. Able to develop and deliver formal and effective presentations;
- Strategic thinker with ability to build strategies with all internal Sales teams;
- Excellent organizational skills as well as demonstrated effective time management skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, in conjunction to working cohesively within a team environment,
- Must possess a valid passport or ability to obtain appropriate travel documents
- Ability to travel to the PRG offices in Chicago and Fairfield to work directly with the US groups as well as WHQ for any training requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are among the most suitable for the position, we will be in touch with you shortly to take your interest to the next level.
We encourage applications from all designated groups. No agencies or phone calls, please. While we appreciate all responses, we must advise only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
If you have the essential qualifications and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please apply via email by forwarding your resume and cover letter outlining your knowledge, skills, abilities and experience as they relate to this position.