Carlson Wagonlit Travel Employee Reviews

Productive and great work environment
Senior Corporate Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
Great company to work with. Very competitive salary plus great incentives. Great team, very helpful and mature employees. Great managers and supervisors. But no job security.
Fantastic place to work
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 November 2016
The work has challenges daily depending on our customers requirements and it is interesting. The team is great and we work like a family. The management is very supportive and motivates the team and gives timely recognition etc.

The enjoyable is when we have to be creative and give suggestions to our customers.
Global Travel Company
Meetings & Events Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2016
Very hard working team that looked out for each other to succeed at every event. Loved working with them. Company understood the value of a work/life balance.
Great Work Life Balance
Senior Travel Counselor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2016
The company offers good vacation and decent compensation, better than competition in the industry.

The work environment is healthy. The location is easily accessible via public transit system.
great colleagues and clients
Corporate Travel Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2016
Worked from home. Great colleagues, but tough to get hold of management when needed. Which made job difficult. Great clientele.
Pros
opportunities for winning world wide trips
Cons
lack of support from management
Carlson wagonlit review
Travel Consultant / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 May 2016
Worked in Carlson and was responsible for corporate account handling.
learned BSP accounting here . it was interesting to deal direct with corporate heads.
fun workplace and great atmosphere
Corporate Travel Counsellor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON6 April 2016
worked onsite location. great co-workers and enjoyed working with clients in person. learned most of the basics of travel and admin. Enjoyed travelling with co-workers on Familiarization trips. Great management team.
CTW Global Travel
Corporate Travel Consultant/Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2015
It was a fantastic place to work. Coworkers, management and owners were a pleasure to work with. I had the opportunity to deal with a large number of people over the years and was able to build amazing, strong relationships with my clients. The salary was ok for what was expected of me. There was never a dull moment in each day. I learned a lot from my workplace and will treasure and take that with me forever. The only unfortunate thing was that business demands had decreased therefore they were not able to fulfill a full time role for a few employees.
Productive and Fast Paced- Agents are very knowledgable.
INTERN (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2015
Carlson Wagonlit is a very productive place to be. The agents are very knowledgable and helpful. Wishing the past 6 months that I have been working at Carlson Wagonlit, I have learned a lot from the agents as well as a lot about myself. I have been able to grow in a professional manner and figure out what I really enjoy doing and what my future plans are in the Travel and Tourism industry. The best part about this job is the invoicing system. I really enjoy invoicing for the agents clients. It's very computer based and I have been able to learn about a lot of different worldly destinations. The most difficult part of the job is the customer contact. This is difficult for me, personally, because I am just now working with clients so I am still trying to learn about all the nooks and crannies when dealing with a client. The only way to improve is to have more practice, which I expect in the coming months. The management at Carlson is very friendly, helpful and understanding.
Great Company
Travel & Cruise Consultant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 June 2015
Carlson Wagonlit is a great company to work for. They have a great partnership with RBC Rewards and offer their clients the very best in products and service. Truly client focused makes this agency a great place to work for.
Pros
FAM trips and incentives
appreciation
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2015
Servicing clients on a regular basis is my constant goal.
Working for this Company has been the very best ever.
It was a challenging experience and satisfying at the same time.
Constantly answering emails and phone calls to give my very best to our clients.
Learnt lots of things. Travel is a never ending learning experience
Management always very helpful.
co workers worked as a team.
Not enough hours to service last minute calls, so you stay longer until that request is complete.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when a client emails you with a great big Thank You.
Pros
client apprciation
Cons
winter hours go to work and return in darkness
Productive - Team environment
Senior Meetings & Events Planner/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario7 October 2014
Everyday was a new learning/growing experience - Dealing one-on-one with customers was the highlight - to see a file from start to finish was extremely rewarding and satisfying for me - it was like watching a seed grow into an amazing beautiful tree! Processing was probably the hardest part, not because it was tough, but because it was time consuming. Dealing with my customers and working with my colleagues was the highlight of my job.
Pros
Nice office environment
Cons
Extremely long hours
Global company
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2014
Strong leadership, travel perks, great staff. The most enjoyable parts about my job are the people I work with. The hardest part is the limited resources.
Productive and Challenging work environment
Accounting/Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2013
Work with deadlines, which are very challenging and enjoyable.
Enjoy working with co-workers of diverse backgrounds,
Learned allot of different accounting software
productive
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  trenton ontario25 November 2013
wonderful employment with good benefits and pleasant co-workers with normal working jours
A great Company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 September 2013
With the correct leadership this company is wonderful to work for.
low profit margins sadly sucking the human aspect of running the business
Rather not (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2013
It is all about statistics.
Productivity goals high - too many changes in processes to allow efficiencies.
Everyone is now a number.
Many long (15+) tenured employees. A shadow of what the company once was.
The companies greatest asset are their employees
Pros
Good benefits, fair pay, good people
Cons
Customer service business run by numbers
Great team work, productive and fun
Corporate, groups and individual Travel councellor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2013
Reviewing my work for the day sometimes multi tasking, coordinating flights from various place of the world for different travellers.
The hardest part of this job was finishing on time, handling cal after call but it was manageable
Dealing with constant changes from travellers was another hard thing but manageable, practised much patience .
The best thing for me always is working with people. Love the public.
travel consultant
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 October 2012
description of my work is in my resume, that is, my responsibilities and skills related to that position
Pros
travel perks
Cons
could be stressful at times
travel consultant
Manager of Operations, Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 October 2012
providing service to clients travel needs.
Solving customer service inquiries and implementing
processes to avoid future errors
Pros
set schedule - flexible management
Cons
overtime based on client needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlson Wagonlit Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

Carlson Wagonlit Travel Reviews by Location