Carleton University Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great benefits, work life balance, but no abilities to grow.
Assistant Director, Finance and Business Dev. (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Free gym, free university tuition, great pension plan
Cons: No ability to grow
Work starts at 9:00, until 5:00, normally I will stay until later. I have to come some weekends depending on the needs.
I am able to do great workouts here.
There is a lot of opportunities for professional development but the hardest part is the inability to grow since this is a medium size company.
It was rewarding
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Payment
a typical day as a TA changed constantly, some days I had to read a lot essays and correct them and mark according to the professor guidelines previously given.
I learned to better organise my time as, I learned to balance my school and work schedules.
I also learned to be a bit more confident when talking to larger audiences, since I would occasionally talk to and supervise classes of 30 students
The hardest part of the job was probably reading people's hand writing
All the activities implemented for the learning of a foreign language can be fun and entertaining, they are also good ways of memorising concepts
Great place to get involved within the school
Volunteer Note Taker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2016
Pros: Helped me to keep track of notes and stay organized for each class
Cons: At times, the 48 hour window was not long enough in regards to certain classes
Learned to take and make efficient notes that would help the students of the Paul Menton Centre, as well as help keep me organized.
A PhD in Computer Aided Design group (Carleton University, department of electronics), with several years of industry experience. Looking to employ ex
PHD researcher (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 13, 2015
years of industry experience. Looking to employ expertise in CAD industry analytical problem solving,
embedded software development and research projects in a position that allows me to pursue my interest
in research in a fast-paced and innovative environment
Nice work environment.
Energy Analyst/Controls Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 15, 2016
Carleton has a nice work environment and the work load is very balanced. The work is exciting and everyday there are new challenges to deal with. However, the pay and benefit is not that great. Also, management may seem disorganized at times.
Close knit office environment
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SUCCESS OFFI C E (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2016
Great boss and fellow employees. Worked together to make sure international students got where they were going and had an enjoyable time doing it.
Excellent volunteer experience
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2016
Even though I was a volunteer in two different labs over the past year, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Great training, and I really loved working with the people in both labs.
Student
Student (Group Member) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2015
Its an amazing experience working with other student, whether they are graduate or undergraduate students. University helped me to improve my skills in different ways such as; independent studies and independent researchers and as well as group project and team work.
Engaging
Receptionist for FIT:Action (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2016
Working at a counselling program allowed me to interact with students and provide them with helpful feedback. I enjoyed this job because of it's engaging environment.
Productive and competetitive workplace for projects
Body and Frame designer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 29, 2015
Carleton University is a place that enhances your capabilities in all areas of engineering, professors, graduate students, TAs and Volunteers will help you complete the work if required. Its a competetive place and challenging but enjoyable for students.
Review
Peer Conduct Board Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Carleton. It provided many opportunities and the people were amazing. I enjoyed working with students and seeing them develop.
productive and fun place to work in
Laboratory assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
It was fun to work there, I have gained a lot of experience, friendly environment and co-workers, I absolutely loved working there.
Progressive and Innovative
Lecturer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
I enjoyed working with the team at Carleton to develop and design the program. They are very helpful and have all the right processes in place.
Summer Research Assistant
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 18, 2016
Depends on the Professor under whom you work. I was lucky to have one of the few good profs. Got great mentoring and tutoriship
Excellent Secondary Institution
Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Provided me with necessary interpersonal skills, problem solving and thinking outside the box. The program is highly interactive and energetic.
My first job
Personal Attendant, Attendant Services (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 9, 2016
McDonalds gave me the ability to grow as an individual. Having an income for the first time, it gave me the freedom to make my own choices.
Great Working Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Great working environment, supervisor and co-workers. Plenty of opportunities to expand your knowledge on numerous topics and procedures.
Engineering Project (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Learned the priliminaries of PLC based computing, SCADA and DCS.

Gave me an insight into the field of automation and instrumentation.
Assistant Proctor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 23, 2015
I only worked here temporarily but, it was a great experience. My typical day pretty much involved distributing examination papers and supplies to students, and then collect it after completion. My co workers were kind and helpful.
Awesome place to work!
Event Organizer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 3, 2015
Pros: great environment, the management is fantastic.
Cons: wished they offered longer programs
I loved being and working here. Being from Brazil and living in Canada within the past 7 years made me comfortable in working and learning from difficult cultures.