Carleton University Employee Reviews

A very challenging and rewarding experience
Systems Engineer / Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2017
Fourth year final project modelled a real world engineering environment. Very much enjoyed the challenge of applying academic experience to a real world problem.
Great place to work during my undergrad studies
Stacks Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 May 2017
I highly recommend working a campus job while in your undergrad/graduate studies. What was great about MacOdrum was that everything was online based, so you could drop a shift from your bedside and have it picked up within minutes.
good workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 May 2017
require independent work, will work for a professor but no direct supervision. Good interactions with other students and a good pay for the number of hours.
Fun and progressive workplace
Jack.Org Chapter Collaboration Director (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 May 2017
Being a student and balancing extra curricular activities can be difficult. Carleton University has a wide range of things to be involved in to find what you are passionate about.
It was a fun work experience
Part-time project coordinator for the READ (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2017
The hours were very flexible and you have your supervisors help at every step of the way.He would make recommendations and give you valuable advice you would need for your later career.He will let me direct my research the way I want then provide him with weekly reports on my progress.Once he goes over my research we schedule a meeting were we would discuss our next step.It was very fun.
Pros
Important responsabilities
Friendly and welcoming environment
Sports Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2017
After spending the year working for the university's athletic department, I would recommend it to anyone. Working in sports information, specifically, allows employees to work on campus and gives them a portfolio of credible published work to take with them.
very nice professors
Contract Researcher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2017
I worked with a very helpful professor that taught me a lot about a topic that I was not very familiar with. Not only did he give me the opportunity to learn new stuff but also he paid me for that
Highly productive and great working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2017
Good working conditions, high growth and advancement potential and there is job security and the pay is good. The management knows what they are doing and very professional.
Students helping Students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Being a TA you often find yourself dealing with marking the work of people who are ostensibly your peers. It's very enjoyable, but be prepared to divide up your time.
Pros
Good compensation, pleasant culture
Cons
Busy schedules
Friendly Workplace
League Official (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
I throughly enjoy working at carleton, fun and nice people to work with although there are few hours to go around and little room for advancement in the workplace. Most employees are students.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Minimal Hours
Mixed feeling
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2017
Workplace culture and environment are nice. Location is convenient. A day, as typically, in academia, is not strictly regulated. However, the monetary compensation is not great. Management varies from boss to boss, some are better than others. You learn a lot, though, as people around usually supportive if you need help.
Pros
interesting work, non-regulated workday, convenient location
Cons
salaries are not great
Helping The Main Coach With Tasks During A Training Session
Tennis Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2017
Overall, Carleton University provides an comfortable environment for coaches and students. Everything always runs smoothly and there are no delayed or cancelled sessions when I work there.
Pros
Playing Tennis
Cons
Physically demanding
Nice Place to Work
Data Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2017
The workplace is incredibly friendly, everyone is happy and willing to help out. It is well managed and there was some really nice green space to enjoy while not working indoors.
Interesting, but wouldn't repeat
First in Family Program Mentor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2017
Role was confusing in what it was I was required to do as a mentor. Occasionally was difficult to coordinate with mentees. Further training would have been appreciated, and pay wasn't worth the amount of effort put in to the program.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Little training, low pay, no benefits
Great job
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
I had a lot of fun working here with great students and professors from all different backgrounds. The job itself was rewarding and easy going. Being on campus is great as well.
Best Leadership Experience
Residence Fellow (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2017
Working as a Residence Fellow at Carleton University has been a very positive experience. Be prepared for a time management and balance, as well as organization. The training is well done and you have multiple supports so you can help students in residence to the best of your ability.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2017
Relatively Low pay for TAs, but otherwise good position. My department is a strong advocate for TAs, so they make sure we're all taken care of. Union has relatively strong bargaining power
The best job for students
Campus Card Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Working while studying at Carleton is ideal, and the Campus Card Office is a great place to work. So accommodating, great hours, a great team atmosphere, the only draw back is you must be studying at Carleton to work there.
Great Work experience
Graduate Information Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Working at Carleton has to be one of my favorite experiences. I would love the opportunity to go back if it arises. I am thankful for the office/ computer skills I gained while working here. Always a fast paced day, with lots of work to be done and dealing with different students as they came into the office. Great experience.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
A little far from home
n/a
Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2017
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carleton University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4