Carl's Jr. Employee Reviews

Disconnect between employees and managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2017
Managers were very difficult to communicate with. They were very slow to address employee issues and were not amicable when issues were being raised. Otherwise, it would have been a better place with better management.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Communication barrier
Hard Work with no reward and lack of care to employees
Back and front line Worker (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB28 September 2017
Carl's is a hard place to work. With expectations way over their minimum wage payment. Right from the start management expects you to know how everything works, and was often upset and frustrated when asked for help. Staff turnover is a constant as most employees are not satisfied with their life working here. Another major problem is a lack of understanding that employees have lives outside of working.
Pros
I had employment
Cons
Everything else
fast paced environment with great staff
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK18 September 2017
Fun workplace with great staff. You can work your way up if you are willing to learn both front and back responsibilities. Be polite to management and to other staff members. Outgoing and hard working personalities are who they are looking for. Make sure you are able to handle stressful situations because rush times can get overwhelming.
Pros
Daily dicounts
It was not that great
Kitchen Staff and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
Had a lot of problems with it and due to this i would not recommend working here but the staff are polite even though the management are not. Mediocre at best.
I really enjoy this job but unfortunately it doesn't pay the bills
Broiler cook, Cashier, Fry cook (Current Employee) –  16 Ave N.W20 June 2017
Overall this job has a great team, I really like how stuctured and the high Standard this place enforces upon us, the stress may be high for not only putting out high quality but also a speedy service but I find the challenges to be very fun for me to master but no chance's of advancement in this job.
Pros
Difficult challenges, Improve hand eye cordination, Great friendly staff, High Standards, Clean
Cons
Low pay, inconsistent with the fundamental ways of doing a specific task
Carls jr, nice people but not organized
cashier, cook and server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
It is a very slow, tiring place. I work at the front of the restaurant, I clean organize and make sure that everything is perfect. I am the main leader if I am working with any coworkers so I give them jobs to do to help maintain the place. I serve the food and ask how everything was and make sure that the customer has everything they need because they come first. The management isn't the best, they like to take advantage of you, if you don't let them know that you can work they don't book you at all. They make the schedule very last minute. It gets to be very irritating. It is a very big range of ethnics and friendly coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by nice friendly faces, I worked there full time so I got to recognize familiar faces and get to know the guests.
Not the greatest
Kitchen Staff and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2017
The staff was good but the management and owners were below par at best. The owners constantly changed schedules without notifying staff which caused many problems on top of the already abhorrent management.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Low quality service and bad management
fast pace fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
friendly environment and fast pace oriented. Management is supportive and hours are very flexible. I you want to work, this would be a good option for you.
amazing place to work
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2017
its a good place to earn some money you can learn many stuff from the manager mister minhaj khan and other team members you will never get bore while on job.
Pros
50 percent of for empleys
too unproffetionall
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB26 March 2017
management sucks. you get as much hours you want. employees stay friendly. you learn work ethics over there. i like the days i have spent over there. amazing burgers by the way.
A Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  YVR Vancouver Airport8 March 2017
Lovely place to work with great environment. Nice supervisors also a Manager. Co-workers are nice and the training was excellent. So good to work there.
Pros
Gives you the opportunity to have nice views of the landings of airplanes
productive and fun
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 January 2017
great start of job here in canada.
superstar service
teamwork
good workplace
rush hour of cleaning
many guest smiles back to me..other co-worker and even manager are helpful
Pros
discount in one day meal
Cons
short period of time
Productive workplace
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 January 2017
It was a fun place to work and it was pretty easy to get the hang of everything, the hardest part of the job was rush hour but other than that it wasn't too stressful of a job
Place sucked
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 January 2017
Un organized management. No one helps you. Everyone for them selves. Un sanitary place to eat. Terrible place over all to work
Productive workplace
Supervisor in training (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 January 2017
Very good environment to work and learn .The team helped me to get on to the workmode quickly and the training given was really helpful.
it was a great place to work at
cashier/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 December 2016
It was a good place to work. Helped train new co workers. Helped other managers when needed. Was being trained to be a Supervisor. Served the customers their orders to the tables they were at. Took the customers orders at the tills on front line and the drive thru as well. Helped drop products like fries and onion rings or the patties needed for the burgers.
Pros
we got half price for part of our shifts for the first meal, then 20 percent off our second meal or when we didn't work that day or night.
Cons
hours were good
fun people to work with.
Cashier/Cook/all around (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2016
a typical day at work is always make people happy. Also make sure the food your serving to people is very personable and tastes very good.

you always learn new thing for your coworkers and form the management. communication with other and problem solving is the key because without those thing you would not get along with others and learn new this around you

management team are very nice to everyone. they always teach you new thing to make you skill grow. also my sometime give free food if you worked very hand and when you cant afford the food they just give you food.

the co-worker are very nice, just make sure your also nice to them. they always help you with things. make your feel good if your feeling down and very friendly people.

they are no hardest part of the job because you have to make sure you positive and think smart. if you do that your job will be hard and unsatisfying,.

the most enjoyable part of the job is getting free food, making new friends and enjoy working.
Terrible management.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 November 2016
Carls jr. was a very unprofessional work environment. The management was poor and the scheduling was unfair. Many of the employees were not paid properly and ended up going to labor board. Carls jr. ended up claiming bankruptcy and shutting down this year.
Pros
N/a
Cons
management, scheduling
Horrible Management, no benefits, very low pay to responsibilities ratio
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
Management did not care about its employees. Store General and Assistant managers only cared about the end of day profits, sending people home mostly hours before time scheduled. Responsibilities were being thrown to the supervisors to be met with given timelines. GM and AGM only acted responsible when the Franchise Owner and District Supervisor were around. There is one part that was enjoyable though; and that is being able to train each employee for the Canadian team, making it a fun training environment.
My summary about Carls Jr
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 August 2016
A typical day at work at work started off as making sure everything everything was stocked for half the day
What I learned, was how to handle tender
Management was horrible there, it was never organized
My co-workers were amazing there, and i enjoyed working with them everyday
The hardest part about the job was handling customer complaints as there was a lot of them day after day
the most enjoyable part about the job was just the co-workers there
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not enough hours