Carillion

Carillion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awful company keep away
reception (Former Employee), Dublin, DSeptember 14, 2013
Cons: everything
Truely awful management in the Dublin office awful company to work for avoid completely
Happy working relationship within the company and Client.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Telford, ENGSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: eager to explain different sections of working practice in the office enviroment.
Allocating work for the engineers, Fabric, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Catering across MOD site at Donnington.
Imputting data and closing down completed jobs, onto MOD database and also transfering said information on to Carillion datebase,
First Point of Contact to Liaise between Client and engineers. Making adequate arrangments for PPMB jobs – more... due and completed by the month end.
I found it to be a happy and enjoyable place to work. – less
Carillion
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee), MiddlesbroughAugust 29, 2013
I thought the staff were friendly and the hospital had a good hospital. I enjoyed working there.
its ok workplace the customers are frindly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Liverpool, ENGJuly 27, 2013
Pros: the hours are good
Cons: dont get a break from 8.15 till 2.15
my typical day is to go in to work greet customers serve them and make sure stock out
great
Trainee Bricklayer (Former Employee), North tynesideJuly 22, 2013
found carillion a great place to work they do great training for young peopple and i think they are wonderfull
Fun varied role
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Yeovilton, ENGJuly 12, 2013
Another challenging role which changed on a daily basis.

e.g attending disciplinaries/ organising staff functions, creating reports, monitoring 1000+ staff sickness and holidays
Very Good!
Carpentry&Joinery (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJuly 4, 2013
Pros: 15mins
Cons: 8
Good, I learned a lot of things like how yo use the tools, make wood joints, working with groups, the hardest part of this apprenticeship was chiseling the wood out to make the joints.
The most enjoyable part was learning new things.
Good Job
General Cleaner (Former Employee), TUnbridge WellsJuly 2, 2013
The people in charge are very polite, they seldom be strict on you and treats you like family
Supervisor (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJune 11, 2013
Pros: n/a
enjoyable rewarding and a pleasure working with my team and members of nursing staff at the greatwestern hospital
good job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), stocktonJune 4, 2013
Pros: good hours good money spent alot time with my family as time at work was day time hours
Cons: job went bust and ended
work hard good fun done alot of work with pipes and welding enjoyed this and fabrication
good company to work for, health safety and wealfare of workers always comes first.
machine driver/ labourer (Former Employee), queensferryMay 21, 2013
Cons: sometimes long hours but good wages at end of week.
muck shifting,carrying materials to and fro, good bunch of lads to work with. Most days enjoyable, sometimes the weather could make it a little uncomfortable.
my review summary
Carpentry Apprentice (Former Employee), SouthamptonMay 3, 2013
Pros: free tools
carillion is an overall great place they not only helped me with my carpentry and joinery but also on social skills discipline great 1to1 teach as well as team work
Not a bad place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), ColeshillMarch 19, 2013
All engineers staff etc were fantastic to work with we had some great xmas work events and had a right laugh with the infrastructure engineers, hardest part of me job was making sure the diary was booked right as everybody would edit and not tell me
Nice job with good pay
Technical Surveying Assessment Processor (Current Employee), Regent Centre, GosforthMarch 11, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: constant threat of redundency
Carillion is a big company and the work is good but the job security is terrible with redundency always around the corner.
Team work/helping others
Cleaning operative (Former Employee), Northwood, MiddlesexFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: uniform provided
Cons: site security sometimes makes your job difficult time wise.
Cleaning en suites in accomodation cabins, vacuum cleaning dusting rooms, cleaning walkways and communal areas and communal kitchen areas to health and safety regulations.
Help others and they will help you.
Management very easy to approach if there are any problems,they are quick to try to resolve these problems.
All had different finish times, if – more... you were a bit behind and nearing your finish time other team members would help you so that your work area was completed by end of shift, great team to work with.
Site security very high so at times you were unable to get into certain areas to clean before the end of your shift.
Team spirit. – less
great work environment, enjoyed been there
site opperative (Former Employee), sheffieldFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: overtime given
was incharge of oppening the compound, site and cabbins. incharge of stock, making sure tradesmen were looked after and doing the job they should, if there were a problem they wouldnt rectify i would get the job of doing it led to many challenges and enjoyed everyone as im very hands on. would help the engineer set up and check the building was been – more... built to spec, i had a strong feeling of achievement on this job as i was included in just about everything, even did traing courses and represented our company at meeting, i was also the one incharge of tool box talks, health and safety. which meant i got to discuss work with everyone dealing with issues on the job. would always get overtime to complete tasks set, realy enjoyed my job was a privelidge to be there learned many things and made many frieands and gained many people skills as i offten dealt with the public. – less
A great place to work
Service Controller (Current Employee), Chorlton, ManchesterFebruary 6, 2013
As clichéd as it sounds no 2 days are ever the same, you can be talking to an engineer 1 minute & the client the next. The atmosphere is bubbly & lively & in the time I have worked there I have found everybody to be very helpful.
They say that it’s the people that make the job & in this case I will have to agree.
carillion
food service assistant (Former Employee), clacton hospitalFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: free tea and coffee
Cons: management
when I first started working at the hospital it was great. I worked with a good team of people and I made a lot of friends not just among the staff but the customers as well. then they refurbished the restaurant and my customers disappeared. I then went on to the ward trollies and I worked hard to create a good relationship with the ward staff. all – more... the time I was working for Carillion and they were a good company. then in 2010 things changed they made some staff redundant and everyone had to apply for there jobs again. they also made changes to the jobs. I went from working full time and every other weekend to working weekends only. the pay structure is you get time and a half on Saturdays and double time on a sunday however without overtime the wages did not cover the bills. but I still loved my job. over the last few months I have seen people walk out the job they loved because they couldn't live on their wages. I also started to notice the management would prefer having new staff on board and the staff that had been there years were not that welcome. the hospital has gone from being a place where there was plenty of staff who were happy to a place where there is not enough staff and everyone hates it there. the cleaners have a cloth and a mop but no cleaning fluids or sprays apart from water and the staff in the kitchen are often doing two peoples jobs at once. the porters have lost a lot of hours and security now have to do the porters jobs during the night as well as their own. carillion are slowly destroying this hospital. I am sure carillion are a good company to work for and if they knew what was going on things would change but the management are getting rid of the people who would stand up and complain. I worked in the kitchen for years. I loved my job it was hard work at times and I worked 8 hour shifts,10am till 7pm. when we were short on staff I would work 50 hour a week shifts. the only perks for kitchen staff now are free tea and coffee. you used to get a meal at lunch time as well. there are no perks for housekeeping staff and the porters and security get tea and coffee. I would not recommend the hospital now as a good place to work. – less
Forensic Scientists excellent to work with.
Receptionist (Former Employee), BirminghamJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: forensic science spirit and team work
Cons: facing redundancy after the fss closure (2000 job losses)
A reception area for 3 Forensic Science Laboratories and Adminstration was vital for maximum security. I learned a high degree of professionalism and to treat all personnel the same from Contract cleaners to the Executive Board. Team spirit was vital.
enjoyable work place
Senior Administator (Former Employee), All over UKJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: bupa membership and company car
Cons: head office senior management
ordering materials and dealing with operatives
material ordering
site management excellent
enjoyed the company of co-workers-great bunch of lads
obtaining and co-ordinating deliveries of concrete
dealing with the civil operatives on projects

About Carillion

We provide all of the services needed to create and manage places and infrastructure; from project finance, design and construction – Read more