Carillion

Carillion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Does not offer Career progression
Role -System/Network Engineer (Current Employee), WolverhamptonOctober 24, 2013
Pros: excellent company, people and enjoyable place to work
Cons: no career progression
Monday to Friday 9-5. learned IT, and Management we dont really deal with,

Co workers are fantastic, Hardst part of my job is stay positive with constant out source, most enjoyable part is coming to work everyday.
never a dull moment
Finishing Foreman (Former Employee), Swindon, ENGOctober 8, 2013
loved it
always busy on such a large job
supervising labour
toolbox talks
snagging
materials ordering
general supervision
and lots more
My Day
Document Controller (Former Employee), Wolverhampton, ENGSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: a lot of desk space, working environment wasnt cramped
Cons: living in birmingham and working in wolverhampton where i needed to start at 8am was difficult, this meant that i had to leave no later than 6am in the mornings.
I would arrive to work around 8am.
Go through any emails I received before I arrived and take action.
Go online and process any incoming information.
Send information onto necessary groups.
Attend meetings.
Update drawing folder & registers.

My managers and co-workers were good some were more supportive than others. The working atmosphere was'nt as – more... good as it were in previous jobs.

Hardest part of the job was updating drawings and sending the to the correct groups.

Most enjoyable part was group/design meetings because you can share each others knowledge of different areas of the job.

I learned how to use a different online system to the one i was originally using which was proving a bit difficult in the beginning – less
enjoyable
Energy sales (Former Employee), Northern England ,London,Wales,Hull, Yorkshire.September 18, 2013
Pros: health plan, holiday homes, depot get togethers .
Cons: cancelled appointments, .
My typical day of work was usually planned well in advance by appointments prebooked ,Sometimes I made self generated appointments ,I learned how to discuss with clients what they were expecting and what I could do for them under various scemes , Ie collecting information ,Taking measurements , Drawing floor plans and taking photos to help installers.The – more... management were allways there on the end of a telephone if needed , My co workers I classed as my brothers and sisters as we were all there to help each other in our work situations and also personel when needed .The hardest part of the job was sometimes having to explain to people certain things could not be done due to circumstances , The most enjoyable part was being told by clients how helpful I had been and what a change to their lives , ie getting a new boiler was or having cavity wall insulation installed . – less
Awful company keep away
reception (Former Employee), Dublin, DSeptember 14, 2013
Cons: everything
Truely awful management in the Dublin office awful company to work for avoid completely
Happy working relationship within the company and Client.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Telford, ENGSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: eager to explain different sections of working practice in the office enviroment.
Allocating work for the engineers, Fabric, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Catering across MOD site at Donnington.
Imputting data and closing down completed jobs, onto MOD database and also transfering said information on to Carillion datebase,
First Point of Contact to Liaise between Client and engineers. Making adequate arrangments for PPMB jobs – more... due and completed by the month end.
I found it to be a happy and enjoyable place to work. – less
Carillion
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee), MiddlesbroughAugust 29, 2013
I thought the staff were friendly and the hospital had a good hospital. I enjoyed working there.
its ok workplace the customers are frindly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Liverpool, ENGJuly 27, 2013
Pros: the hours are good
Cons: dont get a break from 8.15 till 2.15
my typical day is to go in to work greet customers serve them and make sure stock out
great
Trainee Bricklayer (Former Employee), North tynesideJuly 22, 2013
found carillion a great place to work they do great training for young peopple and i think they are wonderfull
Fun varied role
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), Yeovilton, ENGJuly 12, 2013
Another challenging role which changed on a daily basis.

e.g attending disciplinaries/ organising staff functions, creating reports, monitoring 1000+ staff sickness and holidays
Very Good!
Carpentry&Joinery (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJuly 4, 2013
Pros: 15mins
Cons: 8
Good, I learned a lot of things like how yo use the tools, make wood joints, working with groups, the hardest part of this apprenticeship was chiseling the wood out to make the joints.
The most enjoyable part was learning new things.
Good Job
General Cleaner (Former Employee), TUnbridge WellsJuly 2, 2013
The people in charge are very polite, they seldom be strict on you and treats you like family
Supervisor (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJune 11, 2013
Pros: n/a
enjoyable rewarding and a pleasure working with my team and members of nursing staff at the greatwestern hospital
good job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), stocktonJune 4, 2013
Pros: good hours good money spent alot time with my family as time at work was day time hours
Cons: job went bust and ended
work hard good fun done alot of work with pipes and welding enjoyed this and fabrication
good company to work for, health safety and wealfare of workers always comes first.
machine driver/ labourer (Former Employee), queensferryMay 21, 2013
Cons: sometimes long hours but good wages at end of week.
muck shifting,carrying materials to and fro, good bunch of lads to work with. Most days enjoyable, sometimes the weather could make it a little uncomfortable.
my review summary
Carpentry Apprentice (Former Employee), SouthamptonMay 3, 2013
Pros: free tools
carillion is an overall great place they not only helped me with my carpentry and joinery but also on social skills discipline great 1to1 teach as well as team work
Not a bad place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), ColeshillMarch 19, 2013
All engineers staff etc were fantastic to work with we had some great xmas work events and had a right laugh with the infrastructure engineers, hardest part of me job was making sure the diary was booked right as everybody would edit and not tell me
Nice job with good pay
Technical Surveying Assessment Processor (Current Employee), Regent Centre, GosforthMarch 11, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: constant threat of redundency
Carillion is a big company and the work is good but the job security is terrible with redundency always around the corner.
Team work/helping others
Cleaning operative (Former Employee), Northwood, MiddlesexFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: uniform provided
Cons: site security sometimes makes your job difficult time wise.
Cleaning en suites in accomodation cabins, vacuum cleaning dusting rooms, cleaning walkways and communal areas and communal kitchen areas to health and safety regulations.
Help others and they will help you.
Management very easy to approach if there are any problems,they are quick to try to resolve these problems.
All had different finish times, if – more... you were a bit behind and nearing your finish time other team members would help you so that your work area was completed by end of shift, great team to work with.
Site security very high so at times you were unable to get into certain areas to clean before the end of your shift.
Team spirit. – less
great work environment, enjoyed been there
site opperative (Former Employee), sheffieldFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: overtime given
was incharge of oppening the compound, site and cabbins. incharge of stock, making sure tradesmen were looked after and doing the job they should, if there were a problem they wouldnt rectify i would get the job of doing it led to many challenges and enjoyed everyone as im very hands on. would help the engineer set up and check the building was been – more... built to spec, i had a strong feeling of achievement on this job as i was included in just about everything, even did traing courses and represented our company at meeting, i was also the one incharge of tool box talks, health and safety. which meant i got to discuss work with everyone dealing with issues on the job. would always get overtime to complete tasks set, realy enjoyed my job was a privelidge to be there learned many things and made many frieands and gained many people skills as i offten dealt with the public. – less