Carillion

Carillion Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Fun
Herbicide Applicator (Former Employee), ABJanuary 3, 2014
Great place to work if you dont mind travelling and working hard.
fun work crew
road maintenance, flagger (Former Employee), St.Paul, AlbertaApril 29, 2013
Pros: great work team, great pay, work outside
Cons: long hours, bad weather, lots of driving
-Provided sufficient training for the job to ensure safety
-Long hours but great crew
-Our supervisor was well trained and caring about his employees (gave enough breaks, flexible lunch hours)
Very good place to work.
Highway Maintenance (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABFebruary 6, 2013
Always doing something new. Always outside. Learned a lot about what roads are made up of. Overall a fun, fast-paced enviroment
Very busy environment. I love that I am part of the William Osler Team at the Brampton Civic Hospital.
Purchasing/Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2012
Pros: our salary and benefits are fair.
Cons: no appreciation and no opportunities for advancement.
The job is very busy, fast-paced, with close attention to detail. We rarely do anything that is fun or team-building..ie, pot-lucks, group lunches, group events. We work hard all day long and most of us eat lunch at our desks because it is difficult to squeeze a lunch break into our day.
I love that the day is busy and goes by quickly. However, I feel – more... like we are not valued for the amount of effort we put into our work, and feel like maybe a few "fun" or team-building events would benefit employee morale.
Advancement within the company is difficult as they threaten to remove our pension plan with the hospital, should we wish to move to another opportunity. We feel like we are stuck in the position we are currently in. – less
awesome team
Driver, Lead hand (Current Employee), Slave Lake, ABAugust 28, 2012
Good people, Understanding employer, Flexible. long winter hours
New
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Field BasedMay 17, 2012
Carillion have only just taken over our old company. I have recently been promoted to manager and now manage a team of 20 + engineers in the London area.
Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), RochdaleDecember 16, 2014
I manage two high schools and am accountable for around 3000 people.

I have to ensure that all the reactive and PPMs are completed within the PFI Contract guide lines
Chaos!
Building Services Electrician (Current Employee), GlasgowDecember 16, 2014
Cons: too many to mention
Regret working here. No organisation wages always wrong. No urgency to resolve problems
Good company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), Sheffield, ENGDecember 4, 2014
Good company but lost the Sheffield cleaning contract for the building I was working in.
Terrible Management, poor organisation & communication.
Senior Service Engineer (Former Employee), North of EnglandOctober 13, 2014
The management set unrealistic targets, gave no training, held no team meetings, gave all instruction through email claiming read receipt as read and understood. Never acted on issues, more concerned about family and friends rather than professional conduct. Try and skip health and safety issues but when questioned then labelled as trouble makers.
for Drawings administrator
Drawings Administrator (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work as a pleasant atmosphere
Cons: none really
really great place to work, made a lot of good friends which I keep in touch with. Also doing the same job as I am currently with Balfour beatty
fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), Grain, ENGSeptember 18, 2014
learned how to clean wash rooms and showers and mess rooms and how to sweep and mop long corridoors with safty signs
Excellent Environment
Accounts Admin (Former Employee), ManchesterAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Fantastic environment, excellent pay and always room to negotiate any problems you may have.
Productive and fun workplace
Apprentice joiner (Former Employee), Sunderland, ENGAugust 27, 2014
Great place for young people to start a career, all staff are very helpful and friendly. Co-workers are all friendly and can easily make new friends within your workplace.
painter
Trainee Painter And Decorator (Former Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Pros: got trained good work colleagues
Cons: pay and long hours
poor training center and very poor wages considering i was working 42 hours a week
Productive normal workplace
Service desk representative/co-ordinator (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 29, 2014
Pros: meeting new clients.
Cons: the leaving of great colleagues.
I worked for Carillion till the 31st of July 2014 .I was employed within facilities management (FM) providing services to housing contracts,rail contracts,libraries,schools,police stations and healthcare facilities.A typical day or night involved the duties listed below.I learnt an awful lot during my time at Carillion,and made many friends,the hardest – more... part of the job was it coming to an end,the most enjoyable part of the job was reaching our targets as a team and providing a great customer service to our clients and members of the public.

- I provided a customer focused service, dealing with all client / customer requests, dealing with complaints in an efficient and sensitive manner.
- I received and processed customer telephone requests to ensure the timely and effective completion of work, in accordance with the service level specification.
-I ensured that the relevant information is logged into the Carillion database to enable the accurate transfer of information to the appropriate department for action. I provided the department with a task number,and detail to the caller the priority given to their call.
- I provided administrative support service to the team (including distribution of mail; typing; filing; and deal with telephone calls) to maximise time and also ensure a good response to customer service. - I regularly reviewed logged calls on the database, to monitor completion times, and ensure feedback was given to the caller in relation to their requests.
- I ensured completed and partially completed tasks are entered into the database,to maintain the current status of tasks outstanding.
- I followed the logging procedures for the whole unit becoming the focal point for all calls.
- I was responsible for passing on instructions to staff, recording such action in response to calls,requests,so to enable the contract to fulfill its performance targets.
-I was accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within my own area.
-I acted as part of a team to deliver activities which support operational objectives.
-I managed a variety of tasks and am able to plan accordingly within the short-term.
-I made decisions within parameters set by my manager, using job/specialist experience.
-I interacted with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables.
-I supported delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- I sometimes supervised the activities of others such as new starters to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact inside and outside my area of responsibility.
-I supported the identification of ways to reduce cost if possible.
-I had awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed whilst working within a given budget. – less
Fun Place to work
Internal Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJuly 2, 2014
Pros: ideal location
Typical day at work would be following up on any inbound/outbound leads. Managing the energy sales consultants diary's efficiently with a good geographical knowledge of their area. Dealing with any sales, warranty's invoices and customer complaints. Also arranging for any aftercare work and quality inspections with quality inspections out in the field. – more... Great team to work for like my little family. – less
Every day is different.
Designated Detention Officer (Current Employee), LondonJune 26, 2014
Pros: great colleagues and i have learnt lots of new skills
Cons: night duties and potentially 12 hour shifts coming in.
After being taken over by Carillion in 2013/2014 it is too early for me to provide an accurate review.
Perfect.
Ground Worker/Bricklayer/Labourer (Former Employee), birmingamJune 11, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: wet days!
perfect working hours, enjoyable job, good people.

safe company to work for
Okay to work
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJune 5, 2014
Pros: lunch break
Cons: long hours
My work experience was okay< however i will not be applying for a job with Carillon any time soon.

1 2 3 4 5

About Carillion

We provide all of the services needed to create and manage places and infrastructure; from project finance, design and construction – Read more