Carillion

Carillion Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dedicated team with hoopla and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2014
Although I was not paid at this position, I was treated as such. I enjoyed the experience with all team members because they expressed that I was welcomed. I was treated equally. From what I saw they worked well professionally as individuals and as a team. I never had any problems because they were up-front and were not afraid to let me know if I needed to be corrected in a positive manner and visa verse. I was able to utilize my skills and help every department to the best of my ability and I really appreciate it.
Productive, Fun
Herbicide Applicator (Former Employee), ABJanuary 3, 2014
Great place to work if you dont mind travelling and working hard.
fun work crew
road maintenance, flagger (Former Employee), St.Paul, AlbertaApril 29, 2013
Pros: great work team, great pay, work outside
Cons: long hours, bad weather, lots of driving
-Provided sufficient training for the job to ensure safety
-Long hours but great crew
-Our supervisor was well trained and caring about his employees (gave enough breaks, flexible lunch hours)
Very good place to work.
Highway Maintenance (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABFebruary 6, 2013
Always doing something new. Always outside. Learned a lot about what roads are made up of. Overall a fun, fast-paced enviroment
Very busy environment. I love that I am part of the William Osler Team at the Brampton Civic Hospital.
Purchasing/Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2012
Pros: our salary and benefits are fair.
Cons: no appreciation and no opportunities for advancement.
The job is very busy, fast-paced, with close attention to detail. We rarely do anything that is fun or team-building..ie, pot-lucks, group lunches, group events. We work hard all day long and most of us eat lunch at our desks because it is difficult to squeeze a lunch break into our day.
I love that the day is busy and goes by quickly. However, I feel like we are not valued for the amount of effort we put into our work, and feel like maybe a few "fun" or team-building events would benefit employee morale.
Advancement within the company is difficult as they threaten to remove our pension plan with the hospital, should we wish to move to another opportunity. We feel like we are stuck in the position we are currently in.
New
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Field BasedMay 17, 2012
Carillion have only just taken over our old company. I have recently been promoted to manager and now manage a team of 20 + engineers in the London area.
HARD WORK BUT WORTH IT
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: competative rates of pay
A typical day at work started very early as it was in a hospital enviroment.I learned all about health and safety and high class standards. Managers and supervisors are very friendly and approachable. The most enjoyable part of the job was when your ward passed its audit and you knew it was due to your hard work.
productive
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGJanuary 24, 2015
Excellent Employer, staff, friendly, approachable, very well spoken.
Good Team player, good communication skills with all staff, clients and members of the public.
Professional Work Place
Q5 Integration Manager - Heathrow Airport (Current Employee), LondonJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: very few breaks
Typical day consists of starting between 7am and 7:30am and finishing after 5pm, on a good day grab a 30 minute lunch.

Learned how to work under high pressure and deliver projects on time.

Managed a samll team and worked with them to develop different ways to manage each person to get the best and most effective results from them.

Luky to lead a very soial life with co-workers outside of work whilst remaining professional at work.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with unforseen circumstances within an airport environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working within the airport and getting to interact with passangers and crew.
Great bricklaying
Trainee Bricklayer (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: went out for lunch
Cons: 8 hours a day
it was good meeting new people, making great work, using teamwork, and having a laugh at the same time, the time i spent at carillon was good and i never missed a day. I worked just about 8 hours a day when i was at carillion and i learned allot while i was a trainee with them.
fun working environment
bricklaying apprenticeship (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: learnt alot
Cons: long travel
carillion was a fun and enjoyable place to work , a typical day would include building walls that contributed to out nvq and diplomas. i learnt alot about bricklaying and the health and safety part of the job.
Truely Awful experience
Reception (Former Employee), Bank of Ireland LifeJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: leaving
Cons: working there
I worked for this 10th Rate outfit for two and a half awful years, awful Management, terrible Hr, even worse Directors we are talking people that couldn't run aparty in a brewery here not all brain dead idiots aaaaaaa
Excelent company to work for
M&E Engineer (Former Employee), West YorshireJanuary 4, 2015
I have have worked for Carillion on the HMRC contract before been TUPE transferred to Norland I think Carillion is a fantastic company to work for and the training and management support was exceptional.
Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), RochdaleDecember 16, 2014
I manage two high schools and am accountable for around 3000 people.

I have to ensure that all the reactive and PPMs are completed within the PFI Contract guide lines
Chaos!
Building Services Electrician (Current Employee), GlasgowDecember 16, 2014
Cons: too many to mention
Regret working here. No organisation wages always wrong. No urgency to resolve problems
Good company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee), Sheffield, ENGDecember 4, 2014
Good company but lost the Sheffield cleaning contract for the building I was working in.
Terrible Management, poor organisation & communication.
Senior Service Engineer (Former Employee), North of EnglandOctober 13, 2014
The management set unrealistic targets, gave no training, held no team meetings, gave all instruction through email claiming read receipt as read and understood. Never acted on issues, more concerned about family and friends rather than professional conduct. Try and skip health and safety issues but when questioned then labelled as trouble makers.
for Drawings administrator
Drawings Administrator (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work as a pleasant atmosphere
Cons: none really
really great place to work, made a lot of good friends which I keep in touch with. Also doing the same job as I am currently with Balfour beatty
fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), Grain, ENGSeptember 18, 2014
learned how to clean wash rooms and showers and mess rooms and how to sweep and mop long corridoors with safty signs
Excellent Environment
Accounts Admin (Former Employee), ManchesterAugust 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Fantastic environment, excellent pay and always room to negotiate any problems you may have.

1 2 3 4 5

About Carillion

We provide all of the services needed to create and manage places and infrastructure; from project finance, design and construction – Read more