Carillion

Carillion Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 30, 2015
Co workers were very friendly and helpful. It was like a family. Less politics. There was a great variety in the type of work we use to perform.
snow plowers
Snow Plow Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener,ONFebruary 26, 2015
When contacted must report within 30mins of the time that you were called. They are a friendly group of people to work for. You rotate shifts every week. It was sometimes scary working in bad weather to clear highway when people try to pass you and cut you off.
Pros
stand by
Cons
continental shifts
The hours were long-we were the first team on the road and the last to leave.
FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 7, 2015
The work for this company was very interesting,with a good crew.The hours were long-we were the first team on the road and the last to leave.Because safety(worker and public)was so critical it kept you on your toes at all times,and made for an exciting work day.
Dedicated team with hoopla and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2014
Although I was not paid at this position, I was treated as such. I enjoyed the experience with all team members because they expressed that I was welcomed. I was treated equally. From what I saw they worked well professionally as individuals and as a team. I never had any problems because they were up-front and were not afraid to let me know if I needed to be corrected in a positive manner and visa verse. I was able to utilize my skills and help every department to the best of my ability and I really appreciate it.
Productive, Fun
Herbicide Applicator (Former Employee) –  ABJanuary 3, 2014
Great place to work if you dont mind travelling and working hard.
Very good place to work.
Highway Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABFebruary 6, 2013
Always doing something new. Always outside. Learned a lot about what roads are made up of. Overall a fun, fast-paced enviroment
Very busy environment. I love that I am part of the William Osler Team at the Brampton Civic Hospital.
Purchasing/Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2012
The job is very busy, fast-paced, with close attention to detail. We rarely do anything that is fun or team-building..ie, pot-lucks, group lunches, group events. We work hard all day long and most of us eat lunch at our desks because it is difficult to squeeze a lunch break into our day.
I love that the day is busy and goes by quickly. However, I feel like we are not valued for the amount of effort we put into our work, and feel like maybe a few "fun" or team-building events would benefit employee morale.
Advancement within the company is difficult as they threaten to remove our pension plan with the hospital, should we wish to move to another opportunity. We feel like we are stuck in the position we are currently in.
Pros
our salary and benefits are fair.
Cons
no appreciation and no opportunities for advancement.
awesome team
Driver, Lead hand (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, ABAugust 28, 2012
Good people, Understanding employer, Flexible. long winter hours

Want to know more about Carillion?

Ask a question