Carillion

Carillion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dedicated team with hoopla and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 5, 2014
Although I was not paid at this position, I was treated as such. I enjoyed the experience with all team members because they expressed that I was welcomed. I was treated equally. From what I saw they worked well professionally as individuals and as a team. I never had any problems because they were up-front and were not afraid to let me know if I needed – more... to be corrected in a positive manner and visa verse. I was able to utilize my skills and help every department to the best of my ability and I really appreciate it. – less
Productive, Fun
Herbicide Applicator (Former Employee), ABJanuary 3, 2014
Great place to work if you dont mind travelling and working hard.
fun work crew
road maintenance, flagger (Former Employee), St.Paul, AlbertaApril 29, 2013
Pros: great work team, great pay, work outside
Cons: long hours, bad weather, lots of driving
-Provided sufficient training for the job to ensure safety
-Long hours but great crew
-Our supervisor was well trained and caring about his employees (gave enough breaks, flexible lunch hours)
Very good place to work.
Highway Maintenance (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABFebruary 6, 2013
Always doing something new. Always outside. Learned a lot about what roads are made up of. Overall a fun, fast-paced enviroment
Very busy environment. I love that I am part of the William Osler Team at the Brampton Civic Hospital.
Purchasing/Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 17, 2012
Pros: our salary and benefits are fair.
Cons: no appreciation and no opportunities for advancement.
The job is very busy, fast-paced, with close attention to detail. We rarely do anything that is fun or team-building..ie, pot-lucks, group lunches, group events. We work hard all day long and most of us eat lunch at our desks because it is difficult to squeeze a lunch break into our day.
I love that the day is busy and goes by quickly. However, I feel – more... like we are not valued for the amount of effort we put into our work, and feel like maybe a few "fun" or team-building events would benefit employee morale.
Advancement within the company is difficult as they threaten to remove our pension plan with the hospital, should we wish to move to another opportunity. We feel like we are stuck in the position we are currently in. – less
awesome team
Driver, Lead hand (Current Employee), Slave Lake, ABAugust 28, 2012
Good people, Understanding employer, Flexible. long winter hours
Fun Place to work
Internal Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJuly 2, 2014
Pros: ideal location
Typical day at work would be following up on any inbound/outbound leads. Managing the energy sales consultants diary's efficiently with a good geographical knowledge of their area. Dealing with any sales, warranty's invoices and customer complaints. Also arranging for any aftercare work and quality inspections with quality inspections out in the field. – more... Great team to work for like my little family. – less
Every day is different.
Designated Detention Officer (Current Employee), LondonJune 26, 2014
Pros: great colleagues and i have learnt lots of new skills
Cons: night duties and potentially 12 hour shifts coming in.
After being taken over by Carillion in 2013/2014 it is too early for me to provide an accurate review.
Perfect.
Ground Worker/Bricklayer/Labourer (Former Employee), birmingamJune 11, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: wet days!
perfect working hours, enjoyable job, good people.

safe company to work for
Okay to work
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJune 5, 2014
Pros: lunch break
Cons: long hours
My work experience was okay< however i will not be applying for a job with Carillon any time soon.
boring workplace
apprentice joiner (Former Employee), Middlesbrough, ENGJune 5, 2014
Cons: long hours
you would have days where you worked constantly but then you have days where you do nothing all day and just sit there for 8 hours and do nothing.
Horrendous
Various (Former Employee), VariousMay 24, 2014
Pros: going home and leaving
Cons: incompetent management, no rewards
Without a doubt, the most unprofessional organization that I have ever worked for. When you first join the company, you find out that they are about as prepared for you joining as they are in the planning of their projects. They move from one disaster to the next with Senior Management remaining glued to their seats for much of their existence.

Co-workers – more... on the whole try and work with you but Project Managers will often avoid their responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is convincing Senior Management of the tools you need to carry out your job. Often, this is a fruitless battle as most of them never leave their seats, let alone have worked in the industry. IT within the organization is pre-historic compared to a lot of Construction companies with no proper network on sites.

Of course the most enjoyable parts of the job are going home, holidays and leaving. – less
fun work place
Joinery (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGMay 24, 2014
Pros: vending machine and also free water
Cons: far travel for me to get there
A typical day at my apprenticeship was to come in and complete my theory in the morning (8:00 start) then do the practical side until i finish (4:30)
Temporary agency assignment
Secretary to Finance Director (Former Employee), Wolverhampton, ENGMay 8, 2014
Pros: good work experience
This was a 2 week assignment where a typical day involved diary management, booking meetings online through outlook, typing minutes, answering phone and distributing post. Learned how to book meetings via Outlooks online booking system. Hardly any interaction with the management as they were mostly offsite. Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Friendly Work Place
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), BirminghamMay 6, 2014
A typical day at work would be creating vacancies and processing candidate’s hours using a system called Dynamics. I have learnt how to deal with queries effectively and efficiently, I am polite and easy to talk to when solving problems.

I feel the management here is not the best. There is no communication from manager to employee, if ever there is – more... any communication there is as little as a days notice to get something completed. Such as a change over of umbrella companies this is impossible to do in such short notice but as a team we got this done.

My co-workers are great, they are very supportive and we ensure to help each other out when needed. The hardest part of my job would be approaching managers with problems that I face, I feel you should be able to approach your managers with anything you feel is a problem however this is impossible to do.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be coming into work everyday and know I have the support of my team if it is needed. I love my position in the payroll team and have a very good working relationship with the Cardiff branch which is who I process payment for. – less
Learning new things, Fun and Positive place to work
Apprenticeship (Current Employee), Gateshead, ENGMay 3, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, working in teams, being paid weekly
Cons: long tireing hours, work placements a far to travel
8 o'clock start
learn different things such as different types and styles of painting and wallpapering.
shown how to complete these new things and allowed to try it for yourself.
All people were approximately my own age apart from the lecturers.
The on site placement and perfecting the new this you had to learn. Placement because i didn't enjoy who – more... i was working with they tended not to be very positive and didn't converse with me very much. Perfecting the new techniques because they occasionally were very frustrating to learn.
The early finishes on Friday were the most enjoyable though I liked to socialise with my co-workers and learning the new types of painting and wallpapering as the techniques as they are very interesting. – less
good place to work
Upholsterer / Floorer (Former Employee), Queen Alexander HospitalApril 29, 2014
Pros: sick pay / holidays clean
Cons: management
Pick up tickets for the day hand completed tickets at end of day.
Pick up furniture and deliver it back.
The management wasn't people friendly.
The hardest part of the job was gaining access to the furniture or flooring while patients still in there.
Seeing the jobs complete and done to the best of my abilities
good
Cleaner (Former Employee), Aztec WestApril 15, 2014
Atmosphere great with people well to deal with. I learned to operate the machine for cleaning.
Very productive
Territory Admin in Facilities (Current Employee), Normanton, ENGApril 14, 2014
Pros: close to home, could be flexible in time of need
Cons: audit trails
Concept Room Booking - adding new users, new sites, room bookings and password re-sets for Virgin Media.
VM Teleconference Line Bookings
BMT - Period of Unavailability (POU) logging with ORS.
Weekly BMT Utilisation Spreadsheet, checking against Fusion
Uploading of LLCs to RAMIS and closing down as advised by the Helpdesk. Raising Remedials off the back – more... of.
Arranging, attending and taking minutes at Territory Team meetings, including drafting SAG Agenda's and updating TM of actions of last meeting.
Set up for New Starters; ID's, system accesses, site passes, equipment, laptops, mobiles / PDAs etc, both Carillion and Virgin Media
Hire Vehicles & Fleet queries, including project work such as booking in Telematrics installations and ordering fobs, together with collation of Driver ID Forms.
Ordering site and Carillion stationery. Maintaining delivery notes, together with a stock tracker; chasing all outstanding/backfill orders.
Managing all travel and hotel requests via online Portman, tracking regional expenditure.
Updating RAMIS with LLC documents and raising reactives
Drafting SAG Presentations, attending meetings and minuting.
Collating monthly holiday and sickness returns
Maintaining Contract Database, including contacts list, temporary assignments and turf list
Maintaining Asset Lists
Input hours worked by engineers
Maintaining Regional Territory Administration User Guides
Tool box talk weekly submissions and tracking monthly returns.
Collation of Carillion and Virgin Media Induction Training
Maintaining BMT Tool Kit Lists & Inspections
Liasing with FMs to keep Stakeholder lists up to date quarterly.
Distribute monthly Regional Expenditure to the Facilities Management team – less
Passionate Railway Professionals
Site Manager (Current Employee), Midlands, ENGMarch 6, 2014
Pros: office is 3 miles from home
I will produce a program with all work activates on site with a planed start & end dates. Numbers of staff for each activate & any plant required and all permits needed on site.
Also hire in Specialist personnel when needed from a Carillion approved Labour supplier. The planed work will be on the Carillion Race Card with midweek works days or nights – more... & weekends

On a daily basis I am involved with making sure that every one is fully aware of the works on site. I will delegate certain scopes of the work out to the supervisors as to what controls are in place for all activities they will be looking after on site.
I will make sure that we conduct the planed work in a controlled manner always accessing as the work progresses and if we need to stop and rethink things we will do so accordingly this will be captured on the POWRA form.

Co-Workers
I have the privilege to be working alongside some very knowledgeable/highly skilled/motivated & all-round good bunch of Railway & Construction professionals. – less

1 2 3 4