Do you love working with computers? Would you get a genuine “charge” out of helping people use computers to improve the way they run their businesses? Does the idea of working in a small town in the Canadian Rockies, serving customers all around North America sound intriguing? If so, then we have the job for you!
DESCRIPTION OF COMPANY
Caribou Software is a growing, energetic, customer-oriented company specializing in business software solutions for companies in resource-based industries such as forestry and oil services. We are located in Hinton, Alberta, right in the heart of the industry we serve. Within the last five years, we have tripled our customer base, and have expanded our presence throughout North America. At Caribou, our customers are our top priority and we are seeking a bright, motivated, self-starter to join our high-energy, client-service-oriented team.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Our new client service specialist will share front-line customer service responsibilities with the rest of our support team, and will be fast-tracked into a client training and account management role. He or she will be the client’s first point of contact for resolving support questions and will work closely with other team members to ensure that the customer’s needs are met efficiently and effectively. He or she will also be involved in testing new features/modules to ensure that the product we deliver to our clients is stable and reliable.
The candidate’s background and interests will determine their overall role within our organization. Candidates with a computer science background will have the opportunity to do technical troubleshooting, assist with maintaining our network, and build reports. Candidates with a business, MIS, accounting, or industry background will have the opportunity to become more involved in client trainings and business consultation. If you have graphics and web design capabilities, you may be assigned projects relating to business development.
Because we are a small company, we offer a great opportunity for someone who is seeking an environment where he or she can make a real and visible contribution. This position is perfect for a self-directed, ambitious person who likes job versatility and who is seeking to build a long-term career that capitalizes on his/her strengths and matches the needs of our growing company.
- High level of personal motivation and drive – wants to work in an environment with colleagues who share that attitude
- Genuinely enjoys helping people solve their problems and achieve their goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bright and self-confident: quick learner, creative in proposing new ideas, and energetic in brainstorming sessions
- Pays attention to details while keeping sites on the bigger picture
- Excited about the benefits of a living in a small community just outside Jasper National Park
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or Accounting is a Plus
- Proficient using Microsoft Office tools, including MS Word, Excel, and Access
- High level of comfort & skill in using computers and software applications
- Genuine customer-service orientation and strong people skills
HOW TO APPLY
Include a cover letter indicating why you believe you are a good fit for this position. The letter should specifically address your interest in living in Hinton.
Your resume, either as a MS-Word document or an Acrobat pdf file
Application Deadline: August 15, 2013
Caribou Software is a growing, energetic, customer-oriented company specializing in business software solutions for companies in...