Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Palletizer, Load/Unload, BBS Observer (Current Employee), Waco, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: pay rate and raises
Enjoying being able to make the company run. Most Managers and Supervisors are hands on as well as the regular employees. The work environment is great. Everyone's friendly and easy going.
This was a temporay position
Sr Administrations (Former Employee), Wayzata, MNApril 22, 2014
Pros: many that get hired into cargill never leave. it has many long term employees
Cons: they allow you to work from home if needed, they have great bennefits, they offer an excellant over all health options, such as a fitness room, training center, great food service and a wonderful working enviroment.
Cargill is a strong contender in the industry. It's a competitive company which at the same time accommodates it's associate's.
Assembly line produciton facility
Lead Person (Former Employee), Friona, TXApril 21, 2014
Fast paced assembly line set facility. Ability to be a fast pace learner is good. Most jobs are very labor intensive. Good employee recognition program in place. Benifits package is very good.
Was not very well organised in the managment areas.
Picnic Skinner (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAApril 21, 2014
Pros: paychecks
Cons: supervisiors and hr
Some of the supervisors were very rude to people. There was nothing enjoyable about working at Cargill other than the paychecks and some of the co workers. Every job there was hard on your body.
work place is good and fun
Industrial meat cutter (Current Employee), High River, ABApril 18, 2014
good atmosphere my co-workers are good and friendly, hard work need to change my job to develop my career for me and my family.
work life balance
Agriculture Executive (Current Employee), singaporeApril 16, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
good co workers hard job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits and good pay, good teammates
Cons: lack of planning
i work with a good group and good work hard and challenging i have learned a lot on mechanical the hardest part of the job is the long hours of hard work and lack of tools but i enjoy staying busy and good team work and respect
Great place to work.
Head Trimmer 1 (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2014
Good people and a great work environment.If i'm able i would like to go back and work at the company.
Very Productive
Meat Processor (Former Employee), Friona, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: very friendly and welcoming enviroment
Cons: standing all day, very hard job machines running fast
Fast past work environment, people are very friendly and help you out when needed. I was able to loose a lot of weight from constant movement. Managers treated you fairly, hardest part of job is standing and having to stay over extra hours and car pooling
Great work environment with great employees
Research Intern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches occasionally, relaxed environment.
Cons: none.
A typical day at work was independent and challenging. My supervisor was a great mentor.
Cargill was great until they decided to Outsource IT
Senior Trade Floor IT Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: culture, salary
Cons: benefits (health insurance)
Cargill has been a great Company to work for until now that Top Management decided to Outsource IT.. Our Direct Management has been the best one I have had in my previous experience.

Being a Trade Floor here at Cargill, the environment is great. Very polite Traders and patient which for the most part they are not. Is the Culture of Cargill that makes – more... them this way.

There is no hard part to this job if you have the Customer Service Skills and the Enough Knowledge to break/fix issues.

Our IT Team is great but we are very unfortunate that we are getting hit with the Outsourcing Method.... – less
Difficult place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: nothing really comes to mind...
Cons: low pay, favoritism, low talent level of management
Cargill has a good ole boy culture that allows for little growth unless you're in the club. There is little focus on improvement and much focus on fire fighting. Almost every day some problem was solved again that had been solved numerous times before with no focus placed on putting something in place to prevent the issue from happening again. People – more... are routinely recognized for heroic measures taken to solve some crisis when those who try to put processes in place to prevent problems are not listened to at all. Talent level is low in management ranks with very young people put in high roles when they don't have the experience to handle those roles. Micro-management is the norm and people in lower management roles are not allowed to actually do their jobs without approval for most any move they want to make. Accountability is handled on a very selective level - certain people are accountable for doing their jobs and exhibiting leadership skills while others aren't. I have recently been able to manage most of my work in a 40-44 hour week. Many people I work with, however, must work 50 plus hours each week to keep from drowning. Most disappointing of all, the pay is very low for the expectations set. – less
productive and wonderful place to work for.
Lab Analyst in Technical Service Department (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2014
Every day was a challenge for me because I was solving the problems that face our customers. and it was different from one customer to another. and it a great feeling when you help the customer to solve their problems.
good place to work
Electronic Technician level 2 (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COApril 2, 2014
good place to work. good place to have a career. That is all.
good place to work.
Bad People in Charge
Dairy Focus Consultant (Former Employee), Pa-OHApril 2, 2014
Cons: poor people in charge
I had the worst boss and co-workers a person could imagine. The breaking point was when they asked me as a sales person to price fix and lie to customers. zero ethics with the people I would spend my time with.
good pay and insurance
skill worker (Former Employee), Plainview, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: at times stressful
different products always being ran. keeping me on my toes. I leaned to stay calm and focused. I learned in being part of management, we must work close together with employees , make sure they have what they need to do there jobs. ( not necessarily what they want). making things run like they should and better.
good hours
Punch Puller / Trolleyman (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COMarch 31, 2014
flexiable job skill use, understanding management, and good health coverage
job was good
Certified forklift Operator (Former Employee), ottumwa,iaMarch 28, 2014
cold enviroment and alot of pressure inside the plant. you are not allowed to miss to many days of work.
Great global company
Innovation Program Leader (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 25, 2014
I was given a world of opportunities to learn 60 businesses and to create my own career path.
productive
Probestand operator (Current Employee), New Madrid, MOMarch 21, 2014
Pros: compensation is good.
Cons: long hours, and unnerving management
During harvest a typical day is very long and tiring. Knowing that you have to work those same long days every day for 6 days a week is very sad. Co-workers are very friendly and family oriented. I've learned quite a bit in the last 4 years.

About Cargill

Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a – Read more