Cargill

Cargill Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Project Engineer
Project Engineer / Project Leader at Oilseed Plant (Current Employee), ValenciaOctober 3, 2014
Pros: benefits and accomplishment
Cons: travel frequently
Review status of projects as well as coordinate activities and request information to carry out the execution and control related with the projects. Supervise Contractors and its activities in special safety conditions in order to avoid injuries due to it is the most important commitment of the company and of course for me.
Some management are not in fields they belong in.
Automation/Electrical/InstrumentationTechnician (Former Employee), Hammond, INOctober 2, 2014
Cons: eliminating the maintenance department
Cargill does not believe in inhouse maintenance thus they are eliminating the department and using all outside contractors. No one at this point feels much motivation. Very poor
Miss working for Cargill.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hugoton, KSSeptember 30, 2014
I loved working with Cargill. I was able to travel often and the company was very good at communicating.
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Hazleton, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: pay is good.
Cons: lack of leadership. no creativity or innovation flows from technicians.
Maintenance technicians are on 12 hour rotating shifts. Hardest part is dealing with managements lack of leadership. Supervisors want power with no responsibility.
Free lunches anbd discounts on all kinds of items
Shoulder Skinner (Current Employee), Ottumwa, IASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts on shoes etc, free lunches
Cons: working all night...not much english spoken.
Boring and tiring.....was supposed to be on day shift by now and haven't seen any sign of changing.
I go in I get on line and I skin shoulders anywhere from 8 to 10 hours on any given day.
English is not the main language.Hard to communicate with other workers.
Management is ok .
Being stuck on night shift.
Going home.
Rewarding jobplace, great practice
Industrial Maintinance (Former Employee), Springdale, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: cool comfortable work enviroment.
Cons: weak insurrance package.
I answered trouble calls and assisted and educated.
I learned Industrial control systems, and industrial electrical components.
My management loved me, and I them. They fought to get me raise after raise resulting in a %93 pay increase from the time I got there till the time I left. They pushed to have me go corporate shortly before I left.
My co-workers – more... and I had a fantastic working relationship. I'm still friends with many of them.
The hardest part of the day was the material acquisition.
The best part of the day was the feeling I got when I brought a machine back to life. – less
good place to work
Scale house Attendant (Former Employee), Lansing, NYSeptember 29, 2014
good benefits
management good
human resouces excellent
team players
Cargill
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: care for employees.
Cons: locations can be remote and far from metro areas.
great company, great opportunities. great management. lots of room to grow.
Overall Great Place to Work
Project Engineer II (Current Employee), Memphis,TNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, performance bonus
Cons: plant lcoations
Fun, fast paced work environment, development/leadership opportunities, project ownership, working with a diverse group of people
Good pay, messy job
Shipping Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Wyalusing, PASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, plenty of vacation/holiday/sick days to use if needed, nice bosses.
Cons: messy and cold
Pay was above average. Shipping department was awesome. The rest of the facility I would not want to work in. Lots of blood and guts, however there is plenty of PPE provided. Safest place I have ever worked. Management is very friendly. Training programs are excellent.
it is a fun place to work good people to work with
Laborer (Current Employee), Dayton, VASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good food
Cons: health care
the people are good to work with they make you have fun at work
High level of stress
Product Analyst (Former Employee), ManaguaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: stress
There was a very high level of stress in the company, which was very tangible in the way people talk between each other.
Productive and efficient
DSM Picking (Former Employee), Sidney, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: sometimes free lunch, dinner
Cons: too much mandatory overtime
A typical day at work would be to do shift exchange to get started. I would get my work station set up and then I check inventory to see where the ingredients are and what I need to get for my work stations.
What I've learned from this job are how to use an RF system and drive a stand up forklift.
Management was fine for the most part. Most of the time – more... my co-workers talked with each other about who are willing to come in early or stay over time.
The hardest part of the job was to work 12 hour shifts almost everyday.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always something productive to do and my co-workers were all great workers. – less
A day at work
Lead person (Former Employee), Cargil Butler, WiSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: days go by fast
Cons: wake up too early
Typical day at work get up at 3:30a.m to start at 4:30a.m I might say is the hardest part of my job. I love my work flow but have been here for some years and believe it is time for a change. I have learned to be self independent and do what is needed to make the 10hr shift go by very smooth by doing my job adequately. I enjoy my co-wokers and if I – more... ever need a hand there is lots of helping hands. – less
Very stable company
Senior Supply Planner - Tropical Oils (Current Employee), Wayzata, MNSeptember 18, 2014
A very consistent and profitable company. Global opportunities.
Productive and nice enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fargo, NDSeptember 12, 2014
I learn how to multitask.
Co-worker were great people o work with and learn from.
The great part about this job was you worked independently.
Great Benefits & Pay
Surface Bulk Handler (Current Employee), Avery Island, LASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: forced overtime
A great company to work for, the job itself is often in the extreme elements of hot/cold. Be prepared to work, physically. Computer usage a must. Lots of volunteer opportunities.
My experience
Fab Scale Operator (Current Employee), Schuyler, NESeptember 7, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: can have very hard jobs
My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of this job. I gained some very important leadership skills at this company. I learned how to communicate better. The hardest part of the job can be when the previous department does not do the job correctly when entering the grades of beef in computer causing me and others excessive time consuming work which – more... takes away from the over all production. – less
Learned that a slaughter house is hard work
Washer (Former Employee), Friona, TXSeptember 4, 2014
I liked working with my department everyone was helpful and friendly.
A well ran company with excellence
Warehouse Manager St Lucie West, FL (Former Employee), st. lucie west, flAugust 29, 2014
A typical day at work is to come in and make sure all forklifts are being charged, paperwork finished and make sure my crew were getting there assignments done throughout the day. I learned how to take on bigger responsibilities and to drive a forklift. My co-workers always got the job done quick, fast and safe. The hard part was when I first started – more... in packaging and i had to learn fast because i usually had to multitask. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience I've had with learning how to drive a forklift and how to be a productive manager. – less

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more