Cargill Employee Reviews

Packaging of meat products
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 September 2015
It was in a cold environment everyday thus, seasonal changes does not matter. Warm clothing worn everyday. Not an ideal job during the summer. Long hours mainly standing. Boring due to repetitive work at times. Good pay but the climate is just too cold.
Pros
Pot Luck Lunches
Cons
Long hours standing
Straight forward Meat manufacturer.
Line worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 September 2015
A typical day at work at Cargill would unfortunately be anything but exciting, however the team of co-workers in many of the departments can lighting up the work experience. Supervisors and management are reasonable do care for their workers. Diversity of cultures making working at cargill refreshing as well.
Pros
Diversity, stability.
Cons
No room to grow.
productive
stuffer/bagger (Former Employee) –  High River, AB24 August 2015
You will meet different people with different attitude and that's the key of it, you will know how to manage and how to interact especially for big and crowded area. You will learn also how to manage your temper. The hardest part of job is mis communication. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the line is stop and where having joke time to co-worker.
Pros
free luch
Cons
n/a
friendly and happy workplace
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2015
Everyone was super friendly and happy in the early mornings. I enjoyed being in such a positive work environment. All the workers in the department were really nice.
fun
Trim Line (Former Employee) –  guelph4 August 2015
very very very fun fun fun place to work very very very fast paced and long long hours i learned how to use a knife and cut meat
Pros
free lunches
lots of overtime
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Jarvis, ON14 July 2015
good place to work. sometimes long hours. good pay and good benefits. co workers are also good people to work with. Don't always have a normal work week.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
once your inside you cant go outside
assembly line worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 June 2015
very fast paced environment
always have to be aware for your own safety and of others
management was very serious
the people working there were very nice people the best probably at any company iv worked at
Pros
3 breaks during day
Very productive, Physically demanding
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  High River, AB22 June 2015
As a Loader Operator I start my everyday work by double checking all of my equipment, machine,loading areas for any safety hazard if there is a problem i will let them(supervisor, lead-hand, safety maintenance) know right-away; and after any operations i always end it by cleaning and making sure all things that i used is on proper place In every day work i learned to manage my time and prepare things in advance, so there will be no rushing. To my co-workers, I'd like to have conversation, and maintain harmonious relationship even we are different in so many ways; The hardest part of my job is a sudden order that you're not prepare to do or sudden change of plan, in the end i always smile on it, i always keep on mind " no pain no gain" ; I enjoyed my job because i learned many different things and be able to meet different people that i call family.
Fantastic place to work...Vision and Guidelines fit my goals.
Customer Service Administrator/Web Champion (Current Employee) –  La Crête, AB29 May 2015
Overall wonderful company to work for. Salary/benefits are competitive, co-workers are a great group of people and management are great leaders.
productive and more knowledge work place
Industrial butcher/meat cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB Canada15 May 2015
8hours work 5 days a week
work hard
good
i learn to associate my other foreign co-worker
being alone in my position because luck of man power 2 or 3 person is needed
breaktime
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
long hours due to machine failure
Fast pace environment
Poultry Preparer (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2015
mostly packing finished cooked products, hanging chicken, removing thigh bones

I learned how chickens are butchered and turned into mcdonalds products

Most co workers were friendly towards me. Some are just racist but I usually ignored them

Hardest part of the job would be trying to take off thigh bones while conveyor belt moves

Most enjoyable part is trying out the cooked products
Pros
Get to try out the cooked products
Cons
hand cramps from nonstop cutting and bone removal, cold environment
Very safe place to work over the top !!!!!
General labor /Machine Operator/Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 March 2015
Early start to every morning !!!
Our production is getting busier and busier everyday!
An alarm went off and all the management and co-workers responded accordingly.
There is no hard pert about my job and the most enjoyable is the volume of production my team and i do everyday!!
Gym exercise
3rd Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  High River, AB17 March 2015
Very good management and good work team, now I connect with them usually to talk about the life and future plan.
The most enjoyable of the job was to operate the equipment controls
Lots of OT
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2015
I loved working here because i put in a lot of overtime hours. I also loved it because I worked continental shifts. I just didn't like the fact that it was quite far from my house and their safety. Once i had my interview and orientation they stress safety so much, but when I worked for them they really don't care about workers safety or their concerns.
Pros
Free Lunches, sometimes.
Cons
Safety is a 7 on a scale 1-10
Good to train you, then go elsewhere
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Canwood, SK4 March 2015
No recognition for effort, management hasn't got a clue. You will be simply a number if you work for Cargill. Great place to train and become proficient then get a job elsewhere for more money and less work, like all of their employees do.
Pros
Crash course in reality.
Cons
you will be used until you give up
Worst place ever
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg19 February 2015
Worked at Cargill in Accounts department for less than a year.

I would say this is the worst company I have worked with in my entire life. Atleast the people that I worked with were like that.

Extremely unprofessional and biased attitude of the management. Salary is also on lower side. Won't recommend to anyone.
Pros
Global presence
Cons
Bad management attitude, extremely biased.
No advancement possible (worst experience as a Plant Operator)
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, Saskatchewan18 February 2015
This job is a low pay job. Duties in this job include working long hours out in the cold most of the times. Job is mostly cleaning like housekeeping in severe dust and cold conditions. Jumping on the rail cars in adverse weather conditions. It is a high risk job with low compensation.
I would not recommend this job for diverse employees. The management wouldn't allow you to advance.
This kind of job is always advertised as many people are not willing to take it.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope It will help many from falling into this trap.
Pros
This kind of job is always available at different locations.
Cons
Horrible management, Too low salary, Work at odd hours, not good for diverse employees
environement agréable a travailler
Opératrice de machine (Former Employee) –  Chambly, B617 February 2015
belle expèrience de travaille acquise,comme chef déquipe, opératrice de machine ,ect....
Pros
Exemple : Repas gratuits
Cons
Exemple : Pas d'avantages en nature
productive, good management
Forklift operator, robot operator (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, Alberta27 January 2015
A usual day at work (night shift) I made sure that the robot was operating smoothly, made sure that the coding was legible and that the product wrapper had wrap in it. I also was in charge of putting the finished product in the racking in the freezer. I have learned lots ranging from operation, proper and safe teardown of equipment, and how to operate the narrow aisle, counter balance, and walkie lift trucks. Management is very nice and they understand their stakeholders and their needs. The hardest part of the job would have been the robot operator. the most enjoyable part of the job was the people and the operation of the forklifts.
cargill make fun and activity
industrial meat cutter and box handler (Former Employee) –  High River, AB27 January 2015
very challenge everyday, learn to become work as team, health safety, time mange,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
busy enviroment so the time is very fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.