Cargill Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Logistics and Product Distribution (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 April 2013
building/scanning/wrapping skids
loading/unloading/receiving/booking away finished product

Learned the distribution/logistics chain/process how raw material transfers into finished product cycled within the warehouse and how its eventually transported to our customers
I've was given task and responsibility of training new people

The management and co-workers of Cargill are exceptionally good at what they do. They put in a honest days work and treat everyone with respect while getting the job done safely and to the standards of the company

Their wasn't a hard aspect to the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was working for a great employer

The reason I am looking for a new job is because of the lack of job security and advancement opportunities.
Pros
working with people in team oriented situations, fast paced, culture, friendly environment, safety conscious
Cons
long drive and cold working environment (freezer)
Not a good place to work.
Package Handler, meat cutter (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 April 2013
Co-workers are great to work with. Hardest part of the job Is trying to keep up with the line speed. Management are not on the same page with employees. Overall Cargill is not a good employer. A typical day at work is a very hard working day. Learned how to keep good hygiene in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow workers.
Pros
free occasional lunches, coffee and donuts
Cons
production lines run way to fast, alot of injuries.
Great Job opportunities with lots of potential
Dairy Team Lead - Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB23 February 2013
I really enjoy the freedom and ability to manage my business as I feel as long as I get the results - very results driven. Great team of co-workers.
productive, Used to have Christmas parties, Thank-you and rewards.
Material Handler//Distribution/Production (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 January 2013
Early start times for day shift, learned a lot of different jobs and was able to join different teams,and gained a lot of knowledge.
Management was alright same as any place some good some bad, with different attitudes so handling people skills in some cases could of been better. Co-workers are arrangement of different ethnic groups so sometimes communication was a problem, trying to get them to understand what they need to do. It was mostly up to your co-workers to show you what you need to do, we trained each other.
Hardest part was always fast paced, cold and when you did good or great they always wanted more an would speed things up.
Enjoyable parts were long term ee. it felt like family cause you r with them more, sometimes more then your own. Rewards program, able to communicate if things could b better an did get feedbacks. So sometimes you could c something you suggested actually b implemented, that felt great.
Pros
had job security, unionized, able to rotate jobs in house opportuinity
Cons
fast paced. some long hours, cold environment.
THIS IS A GOOD COMPANY AS WELL THEY HAVE GOOD BENEFITS
WARE HOUSE PRENTHISIS right now (Current Employee) –  right now WARE HOUSE PRENTHISIS13 January 2013
I LIKE THIS COMPANY
THIS IS A GOOD COMPANY
THEY HAVE LOT OF JOB OPPERTUNITIES IN CARGILL
WORK ENVIORNMENT IS VERY GOOD
THERE IS ALSO JOB SECURITY
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT FOR US
CO WORKERS ARE VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY
Cons
very educational place to work trained there hourly staff
Owned and operated millwright business (Former Employee) –  High River, AB20 December 2012
fast paced envirement ,good preventative maintenance department ,I liked the way the work orders were set up.
Pros
good staff communication
Cons
i did not live in high river so i had to do a lot of travel
WALKIE RIDER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2012
I WORKED WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERERNT BACKGOUND, CULTURE ETC for more tha 10 years. I have experience on how to relate with people from all walls of life I worked in one company for more than 10years.iI'very hardworking regular and punctual.
Pros
free lunch, bowling etc
Cons
normal
Fun Team oriented work enviroment
Receptionist/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  guelph, ontario30 October 2012
This workplace is a very fun, energetic, and team oriented. I was trained on multiple levels
Productive Worker
Level A general labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2012
In my Opinion since I have been working for Cargil Foods for over 14 years I can utilize my skills in any Company or Job
productive and challenging workplace.
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  High River, AB14 September 2012
in cargill, you are expecting for the unexpected because you don't know what happen during that day when you enter your shift for we are dealing with machines. I'm always prepared- physically, emotionally,intellectually and socially. I learned how to think broadly and manage my time and be flexible enough for changes in schedule like day or night for 12 hours. We knew our job descriptions vey well as the management oriented us, gave us updates and oppotunities to voice out our problems at work and treated us equally. With the co-workers, we treat each other with respect and dignity. The hardest part of the job is when you are alone at your post at night but I've learned ways how to deal with it and survive for how many years and became productive. When you are recognized for the job you've done and job well done is the most enjoyable part for it boost your esteem and inspires you to keep it up.
Pros
we are served with equal rights
Cons
i go home late for i have to wait and help my co-worker when there is a problem.
cargill is a fun place to work.
FABRICATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  High River, AB4 September 2012
cargill has a lot of opportunities,jobs are fair with the salary wage,they treat everyone as equal and with respect.
Pros
they respect employees and treat them as equal, and they care about the costumers.
Cons
they are trying to give employees a hard time and line is too fast.
Stable and reputable multinational organization
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  High River, AB21 August 2012
Cargill High River is a good place to start a career in sales and marketing.
Pros
salary, benefits, rrsp, courses
Cons
work environment, local career growth limited
typical general labour work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 July 2012
easy, mind numbing work. Many employees are talkative, but talk about degrading topics. Good for people with only a high school diploma. There are many opportunities to be promoted from within. Managers are kind, and helpful.
Pros
cheap, discounted meat prices for employees
Cons
freezing environment, loud
Strong professional development opportunites, limited salary growth
Employee (Current Employee) –  London2 July 2012
Cargill's work atmosphere and culture is good. Employees are encouraged to take on new responsibilities and it's easy to take charge of your professional development. Cargill provides a stable paycheck but your salary growth is limited.
Pros
opportuntity & job security
Cons
salary growth is limited
Enhanced my laboratory skills
Laboratory Technician (Full time) (Former Employee) –  High River, AB18 April 2012
• Performed laboratory tasks of treating Wastewater such as DAF, clarifier and aeration samples
• Waste Water Treatment testing
Pros
very interesting job, wastewater samples early in the morning
Cons
was not driving then
Extremely high paced work place, a very diverse culture.
Slaughter Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High River, AB7 April 2012
I started out with Cargill Foods when the plant just opened. Was a labourer and worked very hard. I was noticed and was promoted to Lead Hand with in a very short time. After a year of performing well I was again noticed and promoted to Slaughter Floor supervisor. The culture at Cargill Foods was not fair towards employees with whom the upper management did not like, for what ever reason. I had to perform duties that were against my Ethics and Core Values. I stayed for seven years, but could not work in this culture any longer and had to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
excellent opportunity for advancement.
Cons
culture
I enjoyed working there and the people I worked with.
Millwright (Former Employee) –  High River, AB19 March 2012
I was able to work on a lot of different types of equipment. I learned to keep the machinery running in order to minimize down time. I enjoyed working there and the people I worked with.
DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!
slave to the grind (Former Employee) –  guelph, ontario4 March 2012
They mislead you!, they fire almost everyone before the 90day/3 month mark. They avoid paying wage increase and benifets by doing this, I worked there and witnessed many promises, and many fired, they do not want anymore people in the Union
Cons
oh boy, way to much to list
environnement de production, soucis de la qualité, bon esprit d'équipe
Journalier (Former Employee) –  Chambly, QC17 January 2016
Entreprise qui offre des produits de qualité et pour qui l'esprit d'équipe est valorisé tout en maintenant la productivité. Se soucie du bien-être et de la sécurité de ses employés.
environement agréable a travailler
Opératrice de machine (Former Employee) –  Chambly, B617 February 2015
belle expèrience de travaille acquise,comme chef déquipe, opératrice de machine ,ect....
Pros
Exemple : Repas gratuits
Cons
Exemple : Pas d'avantages en nature