Cargill

Cargill Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical general labour work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 4, 2012
Pros: cheap, discounted meat prices for employees
Cons: freezing environment, loud
easy, mind numbing work. Many employees are talkative, but talk about degrading topics. Good for people with only a high school diploma. There are many opportunities to be promoted from within. Managers are kind, and helpful.
Strong professional development opportunites, limited salary growth
Employee (Current Employee), LondonJuly 2, 2012
Pros: opportuntity & job security
Cons: salary growth is limited
Cargill's work atmosphere and culture is good. Employees are encouraged to take on new responsibilities and it's easy to take charge of your professional development. Cargill provides a stable paycheck but your salary growth is limited.
Enhanced my laboratory skills
Laboratory Technician (Full time) (Former Employee), High River, ABApril 18, 2012
Pros: very interesting job, wastewater samples early in the morning
Cons: was not driving then
• Performed laboratory tasks of treating Wastewater such as DAF, clarifier and aeration samples
• Waste Water Treatment testing
Extremely high paced work place, a very diverse culture.
Slaughter Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), High River, ABApril 7, 2012
Pros: excellent opportunity for advancement.
Cons: culture
I started out with Cargill Foods when the plant just opened. Was a labourer and worked very hard. I was noticed and was promoted to Lead Hand with in a very short time. After a year of performing well I was again noticed and promoted to Slaughter Floor supervisor. The culture at Cargill Foods was not fair towards employees with whom the upper management did not like, for what ever reason. I had to perform duties that were against my Ethics and Core Values. I stayed for seven years, but could not work in this culture any longer and had to find employment elsewhere.
I enjoyed working there and the people I worked with.
Millwright (Former Employee), High River, ABMarch 19, 2012
I was able to work on a lot of different types of equipment. I learned to keep the machinery running in order to minimize down time. I enjoyed working there and the people I worked with.
DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!
slave to the grind (Former Employee), guelph, ontarioMarch 4, 2012
Cons: oh boy, way to much to list
They mislead you!, they fire almost everyone before the 90day/3 month mark. They avoid paying wage increase and benifets by doing this, I worked there and witnessed many promises, and many fired, they do not want anymore people in the Union
environement agréable a travailler
Opératrice de machine (Former Employee), Chambly, B6February 17, 2015
Pros: exemple : repas gratuits
Cons: exemple : pas d'avantages en nature
belle expèrience de travaille acquise,comme chef déquipe, opératrice de machine ,ect....

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more