Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome
Livestock Floater/Production/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAOctober 14, 2014
The benefits were great and the co-workers were wonderful to work with. Would probably still be there if I hadn't moved out of town.
fun working place
Senior Network Engineer / Architect (Current Employee), Wayzata, MN 55391October 14, 2014
I have learned a lot and explored new things in the company

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Not the greatest of places
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Dodge City, KSOctober 13, 2014
I felt as if what ever i was doing wasn't to their standards and was constantly being pushed to the side.
Good Experience to work in IT domain
Windows L2 Administrator (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches and outings
Cons: good caring
Good Experience, fun with co-workers and management.
Had a great challenges to achieved
Good environment to work in.
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2014
Pros: discounts on meat
Cons: short breaks
I liked working there everybody was friendly. Everybody helps each other out and you learn more about agriculture.
good place to work
Line Packer (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: hot work
It was a good place to work, promoted from within, good pay, I became supervisor within a month
great atmosphere and great place to work
R&D-Corp Food Safety, Quality, Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee), MicrobiologistOctober 8, 2014
great 401k, health benefits, fun place to work. place of work to see advancements and they have 2 cafeterias for breakfest and lunch
Productive work place with a lot of benifits
Processing (Former Employee), PAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, meat trailer.
Cons: very hard work
I would recommend working at Cargill to others. While working in sanitation I got the satisfaction of seeing my hard work. When you walk into a room it has blood and meat everywhere. When you walk out everything is clean and it shines.
A stepping stone
Line Worker (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAOctober 7, 2014
This company was a stepping stone between jobs. First shift position from 5 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Saturday. Politics consumed this company even with a union present for workers.
Productive workplace, Global leader in production
Level III Corn Syrup Operator/Dedicated Trainer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 4, 2014
Pros: great perks, fair employer, nice benefits
Cons: swing shifts
Cargill, Inc. is a great company. There is a just culture at Cargill, inc. The employees are awesome. I have a cast knowledge in corn milling and production being that I have worked at Cargill, Inc. for 14 years. Management is really easy to get along with. They address issues in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job is working swing shift. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is making customers by making sure that they receive the various products that they need. – less
Project Engineer
Project Engineer / Project Leader at Oilseed Plant (Current Employee), ValenciaOctober 3, 2014
Pros: benefits and accomplishment
Cons: travel frequently
Review status of projects as well as coordinate activities and request information to carry out the execution and control related with the projects. Supervise Contractors and its activities in special safety conditions in order to avoid injuries due to it is the most important commitment of the company and of course for me.
Some management are not in fields they belong in.
Automation/Electrical/InstrumentationTechnician (Former Employee), Hammond, INOctober 2, 2014
Cons: eliminating the maintenance department
Cargill does not believe in inhouse maintenance thus they are eliminating the department and using all outside contractors. No one at this point feels much motivation. Very poor
Miss working for Cargill.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hugoton, KSSeptember 30, 2014
I loved working with Cargill. I was able to travel often and the company was very good at communicating.
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Hazleton, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: pay is good.
Cons: lack of leadership. no creativity or innovation flows from technicians.
Maintenance technicians are on 12 hour rotating shifts. Hardest part is dealing with managements lack of leadership. Supervisors want power with no responsibility.
Free lunches anbd discounts on all kinds of items
Shoulder Skinner (Current Employee), Ottumwa, IASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts on shoes etc, free lunches
Cons: working all night...not much english spoken.
Boring and tiring.....was supposed to be on day shift by now and haven't seen any sign of changing.
I go in I get on line and I skin shoulders anywhere from 8 to 10 hours on any given day.
English is not the main language.Hard to communicate with other workers.
Management is ok .
Being stuck on night shift.
Going home.
Rewarding jobplace, great practice
Industrial Maintinance (Former Employee), Springdale, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: cool comfortable work enviroment.
Cons: weak insurrance package.
I answered trouble calls and assisted and educated.
I learned Industrial control systems, and industrial electrical components.
My management loved me, and I them. They fought to get me raise after raise resulting in a %93 pay increase from the time I got there till the time I left. They pushed to have me go corporate shortly before I left.
My co-workers – more... and I had a fantastic working relationship. I'm still friends with many of them.
The hardest part of the day was the material acquisition.
The best part of the day was the feeling I got when I brought a machine back to life. – less
good place to work
Scale house Attendant (Former Employee), Lansing, NYSeptember 29, 2014
good benefits
management good
human resouces excellent
team players
Cargill
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: care for employees.
Cons: locations can be remote and far from metro areas.
great company, great opportunities. great management. lots of room to grow.
Overall Great Place to Work
Project Engineer II (Current Employee), Memphis,TNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, performance bonus
Cons: plant lcoations
Fun, fast paced work environment, development/leadership opportunities, project ownership, working with a diverse group of people
Good pay, messy job
Shipping Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Wyalusing, PASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, plenty of vacation/holiday/sick days to use if needed, nice bosses.
Cons: messy and cold
Pay was above average. Shipping department was awesome. The rest of the facility I would not want to work in. Lots of blood and guts, however there is plenty of PPE provided. Safest place I have ever worked. Management is very friendly. Training programs are excellent.

About Cargill

Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a – Read more