Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cargill was great until they decided to Outsource IT
Senior Trade Floor IT Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: culture, salary
Cons: benefits (health insurance)
Cargill has been a great Company to work for until now that Top Management decided to Outsource IT.. Our Direct Management has been the best one I have had in my previous experience.

Being a Trade Floor here at Cargill, the environment is great. Very polite Traders and patient which for the most part they are not. Is the Culture of Cargill that makes – more... them this way.

There is no hard part to this job if you have the Customer Service Skills and the Enough Knowledge to break/fix issues.

Our IT Team is great but we are very unfortunate that we are getting hit with the Outsourcing Method.... – less
Difficult place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: nothing really comes to mind...
Cons: low pay, favoritism, low talent level of management
Cargill has a good ole boy culture that allows for little growth unless you're in the club. There is little focus on improvement and much focus on fire fighting. Almost every day some problem was solved again that had been solved numerous times before with no focus placed on putting something in place to prevent the issue from happening again. People – more... are routinely recognized for heroic measures taken to solve some crisis when those who try to put processes in place to prevent problems are not listened to at all. Talent level is low in management ranks with very young people put in high roles when they don't have the experience to handle those roles. Micro-management is the norm and people in lower management roles are not allowed to actually do their jobs without approval for most any move they want to make. Accountability is handled on a very selective level - certain people are accountable for doing their jobs and exhibiting leadership skills while others aren't. I have recently been able to manage most of my work in a 40-44 hour week. Many people I work with, however, must work 50 plus hours each week to keep from drowning. Most disappointing of all, the pay is very low for the expectations set. – less
productive and wonderful place to work for.
Lab Analyst in Technical Service Department (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2014
Every day was a challenge for me because I was solving the problems that face our customers. and it was different from one customer to another. and it a great feeling when you help the customer to solve their problems.
good place to work
Electronic Technician level 2 (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COApril 2, 2014
good place to work. good place to have a career. That is all.
good place to work.
Bad People in Charge
Dairy Focus Consultant (Former Employee), Pa-OHApril 2, 2014
Cons: poor people in charge
I had the worst boss and co-workers a person could imagine. The breaking point was when they asked me as a sales person to price fix and lie to customers. zero ethics with the people I would spend my time with.
good pay and insurance
skill worker (Former Employee), Plainview, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: at times stressful
different products always being ran. keeping me on my toes. I leaned to stay calm and focused. I learned in being part of management, we must work close together with employees , make sure they have what they need to do there jobs. ( not necessarily what they want). making things run like they should and better.
good hours
Punch Puller / Trolleyman (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COMarch 31, 2014
flexiable job skill use, understanding management, and good health coverage
job was good
Certified forklift Operator (Former Employee), ottumwa,iaMarch 28, 2014
cold enviroment and alot of pressure inside the plant. you are not allowed to miss to many days of work.
Great global company
Innovation Program Leader (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 25, 2014
I was given a world of opportunities to learn 60 businesses and to create my own career path.
productive
Probestand operator (Current Employee), New Madrid, MOMarch 21, 2014
Pros: compensation is good.
Cons: long hours, and unnerving management
During harvest a typical day is very long and tiring. Knowing that you have to work those same long days every day for 6 days a week is very sad. Co-workers are very friendly and family oriented. I've learned quite a bit in the last 4 years.
Something New For me
BBS Member (Current Employee), Timberville, VAMarch 19, 2014
Well I learned a lot about Food Safety!
How important it is while dealing with products that our customers and family consume
fun work place
trim line (Former Employee), Plainview, TXMarch 19, 2014
i learned new things every day had fun co workers the hardest part of the job was having to stay real late after shift
Hands on Experience
Finance Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Sidney, OHMarch 18, 2014
Cargill has given me the opportunity to work hard and learn their business. I have grown as a professional and I appreciate the company’s ethics and giving back to the community.
Terrible place to work.
process technican (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 15, 2014
Cons: they care nothing about their employees
Management has no integrity. The rules and principles mean nothing.
worst office culture ever!
Customer Solutions Associate (Former Employee), Coralville, IAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: mean people bad management terrible training zero work life balance
Cargill Animal Nutrition....The majority of the people in the office there are rude, non - supportive and very mean to others, especially new hires. Sad thing was I transferred from a Cargill location I'd been at for 10 years! The customer service team you'd be working with for this job are extremely "mean girl" high school like unprofessionals. I can – more... recommend several other Cargill locations and business units but NOT Animal Nutrition. Huge disappointment. Management at this office is also very unprofessional. They fraternize with the CSR's at bars, on Facebook and at work inappropriately.
DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU PLAN TO LOOK FOR WORK IN 3 MONTHS AFTER STARTING THERE!!!! – less
Good professional environment
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MN.March 12, 2014
Pros: work from home
Enjoyed work from home. I was able to provide tech support via remote software. Worked at customer's convenience.
Excellent place to work
FINANCE LEAD - EAST MALAYSIA (Former Employee), Sabah, MalaysiaMarch 11, 2014
Pros: best co-workers to work with (including our boss)
Cons: long hours during closing (its ok as it is only during month end)
Cargill had been such a very good employer in our community. Besides taking good care of its employee, it also cares on the external community. We did an on-going charity activities such as building homes for the needy, school classroom building, mangrove re-planting (environment) etc.

The most memorable part of working with Cargill is the teamwork – more... among its employees. Each week we refresh our "Green-book" which states a set of behaviour expeceted from each employees and it really works. For e.g. Respect each other, Our word is our bond etc. – less
Great Place
Crush Operator, Utility Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2014
Great people except a few here and there......................................................................................................................
Production
Operator (Former Employee), Sidney, OHMarch 6, 2014
Cons: cut more and more benefits every year.
Always have to watch your back, Management constantly looks for ways to fire people that Don't kiss their butt. If your a Yes man you will get along good there. Co-workers will stab you in the back to make themselves look better to Management.
Overall Good Experience
Credit and Cash Management (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNMarch 4, 2014
Always worked with great people. The workload was very heavy but manageable. Working across multiple systems and programs. Advancement Opportunities. Long commute.

About Cargill

Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a – Read more