Cargill

Cargill Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very educational place to work trained there hourly staff
Owned and operated millwright business (Former Employee), High River, ABDecember 20, 2012
Pros: good staff communication
Cons: i did not live in high river so i had to do a lot of travel
fast paced envirement ,good preventative maintenance department ,I liked the way the work orders were set up.
Very challenging
Plant Manager - Trainee (Former Employee), HondurasDecember 12, 2012
Pros: innovation
Cons: bad management
There I made my own business and had great results for my familiy, very proud of what I did there.
WALKIE RIDER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch, bowling etc
Cons: normal
I WORKED WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERERNT BACKGOUND, CULTURE ETC for more tha 10 years. I have experience on how to relate with people from all walls of life I worked in one company for more than 10years.iI'very hardworking regular and punctual.
Fun Team oriented work enviroment
Receptionist/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), guelph, ontarioOctober 30, 2012
This workplace is a very fun, energetic, and team oriented. I was trained on multiple levels
Productive Worker
Level A general labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2012
In my Opinion since I have been working for Cargil Foods for over 14 years I can utilize my skills in any Company or Job
productive and challenging workplace.
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee), High River, ABSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: we are served with equal rights
Cons: i go home late for i have to wait and help my co-worker when there is a problem.
in cargill, you are expecting for the unexpected because you don't know what happen during that day when you enter your shift for we are dealing with machines. I'm always prepared- physically, emotionally,intellectually and socially. I learned how to think broadly and manage my time and be flexible enough for changes in schedule like day or night for – more... 12 hours. We knew our job descriptions vey well as the management oriented us, gave us updates and oppotunities to voice out our problems at work and treated us equally. With the co-workers, we treat each other with respect and dignity. The hardest part of the job is when you are alone at your post at night but I've learned ways how to deal with it and survive for how many years and became productive. When you are recognized for the job you've done and job well done is the most enjoyable part for it boost your esteem and inspires you to keep it up. – less
cargill is a fun place to work.
FABRICATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), High River, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: they respect employees and treat them as equal, and they care about the costumers.
Cons: they are trying to give employees a hard time and line is too fast.
cargill has a lot of opportunities,jobs are fair with the salary wage,they treat everyone as equal and with respect.
Stable and reputable multinational organization
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), High River, ABAugust 21, 2012
Pros: salary, benefits, rrsp, courses
Cons: work environment, local career growth limited
Cargill High River is a good place to start a career in sales and marketing.
typical general labour work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 4, 2012
Pros: cheap, discounted meat prices for employees
Cons: freezing environment, loud
easy, mind numbing work. Many employees are talkative, but talk about degrading topics. Good for people with only a high school diploma. There are many opportunities to be promoted from within. Managers are kind, and helpful.
Strong professional development opportunites, limited salary growth
Employee (Current Employee), LondonJuly 2, 2012
Pros: opportuntity & job security
Cons: salary growth is limited
Cargill's work atmosphere and culture is good. Employees are encouraged to take on new responsibilities and it's easy to take charge of your professional development. Cargill provides a stable paycheck but your salary growth is limited.
Enhanced my laboratory skills
Laboratory Technician (Full time) (Former Employee), High River, ABApril 18, 2012
Pros: very interesting job, wastewater samples early in the morning
Cons: was not driving then
• Performed laboratory tasks of treating Wastewater such as DAF, clarifier and aeration samples
• Waste Water Treatment testing
Fun to work, very good people
General Manager Sweeteners, Starches and Malt (Current Employee), Москва, CENApril 10, 2012
Fun to work with people, very good socializing.
Limited development and growth opportunities
Extremely high paced work place, a very diverse culture.
Slaughter Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), High River, ABApril 7, 2012
Pros: excellent opportunity for advancement.
Cons: culture
I started out with Cargill Foods when the plant just opened. Was a labourer and worked very hard. I was noticed and was promoted to Lead Hand with in a very short time. After a year of performing well I was again noticed and promoted to Slaughter Floor supervisor. The culture at Cargill Foods was not fair towards employees with whom the upper management – more... did not like, for what ever reason. I had to perform duties that were against my Ethics and Core Values. I stayed for seven years, but could not work in this culture any longer and had to find employment elsewhere. – less
Great place to work.
Head Trimmer 1 (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2014
Good people and a great work environment.If i'm able i would like to go back and work at the company.
Very Productive
Meat Processor (Former Employee), Friona, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: very friendly and welcoming enviroment
Cons: standing all day, very hard job machines running fast
Fast past work environment, people are very friendly and help you out when needed. I was able to loose a lot of weight from constant movement. Managers treated you fairly, hardest part of job is standing and having to stay over extra hours and car pooling
Great work environment with great employees
Research Intern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNApril 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches occasionally, relaxed environment.
Cons: none.
A typical day at work was independent and challenging. My supervisor was a great mentor.
Cargill was great until they decided to Outsource IT
Senior Trade Floor IT Support (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: culture, salary
Cons: benefits (health insurance)
Cargill has been a great Company to work for until now that Top Management decided to Outsource IT.. Our Direct Management has been the best one I have had in my previous experience.

Being a Trade Floor here at Cargill, the environment is great. Very polite Traders and patient which for the most part they are not. Is the Culture of Cargill that makes – more... them this way.

There is no hard part to this job if you have the Customer Service Skills and the Enough Knowledge to break/fix issues.

Our IT Team is great but we are very unfortunate that we are getting hit with the Outsourcing Method.... – less
Difficult place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 3, 2014
Pros: nothing really comes to mind...
Cons: low pay, favoritism, low talent level of management
Cargill has a good ole boy culture that allows for little growth unless you're in the club. There is little focus on improvement and much focus on fire fighting. Almost every day some problem was solved again that had been solved numerous times before with no focus placed on putting something in place to prevent the issue from happening again. People – more... are routinely recognized for heroic measures taken to solve some crisis when those who try to put processes in place to prevent problems are not listened to at all. Talent level is low in management ranks with very young people put in high roles when they don't have the experience to handle those roles. Micro-management is the norm and people in lower management roles are not allowed to actually do their jobs without approval for most any move they want to make. Accountability is handled on a very selective level - certain people are accountable for doing their jobs and exhibiting leadership skills while others aren't. I have recently been able to manage most of my work in a 40-44 hour week. Many people I work with, however, must work 50 plus hours each week to keep from drowning. Most disappointing of all, the pay is very low for the expectations set. – less
productive and wonderful place to work for.
Lab Analyst in Technical Service Department (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2014
Every day was a challenge for me because I was solving the problems that face our customers. and it was different from one customer to another. and it a great feeling when you help the customer to solve their problems.
good place to work
Electronic Technician level 2 (Former Employee), Fort Morgan, COApril 2, 2014
good place to work. good place to have a career. That is all.
good place to work.

About Cargill

Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a – Read more