Cargill

Cargill Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Meat Packaging machine operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2013
Friendly co-workers, helpful and fun to be with. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching how the meat is being packed by a machine.
Bully tactics management
Millwright (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: decent wages
Cons: total disrespect from management, no leadership
Management failed and blamed it on the 800 employees when it was them that messed up.
Met some good co workers and friends, could be fun place to work
Live Procurment Co Ordinator (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 11, 2013
Good wages, and benefit package and good vacations
some areas were good to work in
there was room for change and advancement in some areas
Cargill is a nice place to work, but being in management, no overtime
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Beiseker, ABJuly 18, 2013
Spring and Fall were very busy times with 10 to 16 hour days to keep the farmers going at their busy times
Production Worker (Current Employee), High River, ABJuly 8, 2013
Every day is a productive day, which you well need to be on top of your game.
The comapny is ok to work for.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 6, 2013
Pros: employees discount was excellent.
Cons: yes, some days were long because you have to make sure the orders are filled and processed for that day.
A typical day at work is busy can be very stressful at times because of the amount of customers you have to deal with at times.
You must be highly efficient at all times. One mistake can be very costly.
Management could have been better in a lot of ways.
Staying focus on one task was not easy because of customer demands.
Satisfaction is the most enjoyable part of the day. When the customers are satisfied it feels good. You feel as if you accomplish something for the day.
fun and productive
Production Worker (Current Employee), High River, ABJune 29, 2013
Cons: long hours
for me this is a very interesting job because during my fist day of my work I thought I couldn't do it sense this is not an easy job. what I've learned from this job is how to perform different welding positions like horizontal, vertical and overhead position. the hardest part is you are doing the overhead welding jobs but for me its a nice job and I'm having fun working with other people
not horrible
Maintenance Lead Hand (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 11, 2013
does not follow own and goverrment's safety requirements...
Salary is insufficient to attract other qualified operators to safely operate the plant.
Plant Operator (Current Employee), High River, ABMay 24, 2013
Pros: challenges of the commisioning of a new facility are very interesting.
Cons: the company is not making enough of an effort to hire other operators, and being on call twenty four hours a day for over 6 months is annoying.
The new boiler that was recently commissioned was a great learning experience and a valuable tool to making me a better shift supervisor. It is a new system which requires constant attention which is challenging.

The shift consists of keeping it running and trouble shooting any new problems which occur with a new facility.

Accessing other departments for help and gauging the seriousness of the problems is also a daily part of the job.
Productive and fun workplace
Logistics and Product Distribution (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 22, 2013
Pros: working with people in team oriented situations, fast paced, culture, friendly environment, safety conscious
Cons: long drive and cold working environment (freezer)
building/scanning/wrapping skids
loading/unloading/receiving/booking away finished product

Learned the distribution/logistics chain/process how raw material transfers into finished product cycled within the warehouse and how its eventually transported to our customers
I've was given task and responsibility of training new people

The management and co-workers of Cargill are exceptionally good at what they do. They put in a honest days work and treat everyone with respect while getting the job done safely and to the standards of the company

Their wasn't a hard aspect to the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was working for a great employer

The reason I am looking for a new job is because of the lack of job security and advancement opportunities.
Not a good place to work.
Package Handler, meat cutter (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 4, 2013
Pros: free occasional lunches, coffee and donuts
Cons: production lines run way to fast, alot of injuries.
Co-workers are great to work with. Hardest part of the job Is trying to keep up with the line speed. Management are not on the same page with employees. Overall Cargill is not a good employer. A typical day at work is a very hard working day. Learned how to keep good hygiene in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow workers.
Great Job opportunities with lots of potential
Dairy Team Lead - Western Canada (Current Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 23, 2013
I really enjoy the freedom and ability to manage my business as I feel as long as I get the results - very results driven. Great team of co-workers.
productive, Used to have Christmas parties, Thank-you and rewards.
Material Handler//Distribution/Production (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: had job security, unionized, able to rotate jobs in house opportuinity
Cons: fast paced. some long hours, cold environment.
Early start times for day shift, learned a lot of different jobs and was able to join different teams,and gained a lot of knowledge.
Management was alright same as any place some good some bad, with different attitudes so handling people skills in some cases could of been better. Co-workers are arrangement of different ethnic groups so sometimes communication was a problem, trying to get them to understand what they need to do. It was mostly up to your co-workers to show you what you need to do, we trained each other.
Hardest part was always fast paced, cold and when you did good or great they always wanted more an would speed things up.
Enjoyable parts were long term ee. it felt like family cause you r with them more, sometimes more then your own. Rewards program, able to communicate if things could b better an did get feedbacks. So sometimes you could c something you suggested actually b implemented, that felt great.
THIS IS A GOOD COMPANY AS WELL THEY HAVE GOOD BENEFITS
WARE HOUSE PRENTHISIS right now (Current Employee), right now WARE HOUSE PRENTHISISJanuary 13, 2013
Cons: +
I LIKE THIS COMPANY
THIS IS A GOOD COMPANY
THEY HAVE LOT OF JOB OPPERTUNITIES IN CARGILL
WORK ENVIORNMENT IS VERY GOOD
THERE IS ALSO JOB SECURITY
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT FOR US
CO WORKERS ARE VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY
very educational place to work trained there hourly staff
Owned and operated millwright business (Former Employee), High River, ABDecember 20, 2012
Pros: good staff communication
Cons: i did not live in high river so i had to do a lot of travel
fast paced envirement ,good preventative maintenance department ,I liked the way the work orders were set up.
WALKIE RIDER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch, bowling etc
Cons: normal
I WORKED WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERERNT BACKGOUND, CULTURE ETC for more tha 10 years. I have experience on how to relate with people from all walls of life I worked in one company for more than 10years.iI'very hardworking regular and punctual.
Fun Team oriented work enviroment
Receptionist/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), guelph, ontarioOctober 30, 2012
This workplace is a very fun, energetic, and team oriented. I was trained on multiple levels
Productive Worker
Level A general labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2012
In my Opinion since I have been working for Cargil Foods for over 14 years I can utilize my skills in any Company or Job
productive and challenging workplace.
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee), High River, ABSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: we are served with equal rights
Cons: i go home late for i have to wait and help my co-worker when there is a problem.
in cargill, you are expecting for the unexpected because you don't know what happen during that day when you enter your shift for we are dealing with machines. I'm always prepared- physically, emotionally,intellectually and socially. I learned how to think broadly and manage my time and be flexible enough for changes in schedule like day or night for 12 hours. We knew our job descriptions vey well as the management oriented us, gave us updates and oppotunities to voice out our problems at work and treated us equally. With the co-workers, we treat each other with respect and dignity. The hardest part of the job is when you are alone at your post at night but I've learned ways how to deal with it and survive for how many years and became productive. When you are recognized for the job you've done and job well done is the most enjoyable part for it boost your esteem and inspires you to keep it up.
cargill is a fun place to work.
FABRICATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), High River, ABSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: they respect employees and treat them as equal, and they care about the costumers.
Cons: they are trying to give employees a hard time and line is too fast.
cargill has a lot of opportunities,jobs are fair with the salary wage,they treat everyone as equal and with respect.

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more