Cargill Employee Reviews

Productive and Interesting
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 March 2016
Human beings poses different challenges everyday. A typical day for me is full of issues that I enjoy so much dealing with. I like the fact that everyday is not the same and I love the challenges of being able to think things through. I have a manager that allows me to use my discretion on things. I only go to my manager to ensure that I don't derail from the overall picture. I learnt new things about human behaviour everyday. The hardest part of my job is being able to draft a unified policy for all employees in 17 business units in 78 locations all over Canada
Pros
Working remotely/Work Life Balance
Cons
More could be done on Employee Engagement/Loyalty
Great Learning Experience as an apprentice
Millwright Helper (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 March 2016
Great, workplace, great hours, great pay and great people. You are required to get tasks done at a timely matter. The most enjoyable part of the is being able to work on your own and with others
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Great hours
horrible
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 February 2016
Training is a joke

You are put on the extremely fast line and expected to be as fast as your co workers who have done that job a lot longer then you.
Salary is too low for the hard work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
extremely poor canadian management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
"no advancement in career"
"people are promoted because of friendship not performance and education"
"a very rare wage increase, if there is only 15 cents"
"they don't care about your life status"
"payroll personnel cheat on your work hours"
Pros
getting paid on time
Cons
you get old without any progress. (wage and career)
Poor Canadian management with careless treatment to employees
Planning (Former Employee) –  Canada18 January 2016
Poor Canadian management with careless treatment to employees. Employees are promoted mostly for friendship not due to their performance.
Manager adjust or change things according to their convenience not necessary following the company's policy.
Salaries for medium level employees are below the average in the industry.
Very stressful place to work. Poor or none training program. Learning by mistakes.
Hard part of the job, feeling hopeless for professional growth.
Pros
Well known Company
Cons
Poor Canadian Management
Toxic enviroment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
Poor Management at my facility, weak and incompetent. Union dictates and senior management do not stand up. Have visited other facilities that are fantastic though so think this is location specific.
Company policies & Management
Meat processor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 October 2015
Management understanding when situations occurred that meant delay or storm road closures.
Enjoyed working with others, including Management, for the Annual United Way, help planning fun events for company "Fun-day events"
Packaging of meat products
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 September 2015
It was in a cold environment everyday thus, seasonal changes does not matter. Warm clothing worn everyday. Not an ideal job during the summer. Long hours mainly standing. Boring due to repetitive work at times. Good pay but the climate is just too cold.
Pros
Pot Luck Lunches
Cons
Long hours standing
friendly and happy workplace
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2015
Everyone was super friendly and happy in the early mornings. I enjoyed being in such a positive work environment. All the workers in the department were really nice.
lots of overtime
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Jarvis, ON14 July 2015
good place to work. sometimes long hours. good pay and good benefits. co workers are also good people to work with. Don't always have a normal work week.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
once your inside you cant go outside
assembly line worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 June 2015
very fast paced environment
always have to be aware for your own safety and of others
management was very serious
the people working there were very nice people the best probably at any company iv worked at
Pros
3 breaks during day
Very productive, Physically demanding
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  High River, AB22 June 2015
As a Loader Operator I start my everyday work by double checking all of my equipment, machine,loading areas for any safety hazard if there is a problem i will let them(supervisor, lead-hand, safety maintenance) know right-away; and after any operations i always end it by cleaning and making sure all things that i used is on proper place In every day work i learned to manage my time and prepare things in advance, so there will be no rushing. To my co-workers, I'd like to have conversation, and maintain harmonious relationship even we are different in so many ways; The hardest part of my job is a sudden order that you're not prepare to do or sudden change of plan, in the end i always smile on it, i always keep on mind " no pain no gain" ; I enjoyed my job because i learned many different things and be able to meet different people that i call family.
Fantastic place to work...Vision and Guidelines fit my goals.
Customer Service Administrator/Web Champion (Current Employee) –  La Crête, AB29 May 2015
Overall wonderful company to work for. Salary/benefits are competitive, co-workers are a great group of people and management are great leaders.
productive and more knowledge work place
Industrial butcher/meat cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB Canada15 May 2015
8hours work 5 days a week
work hard
good
i learn to associate my other foreign co-worker
being alone in my position because luck of man power 2 or 3 person is needed
breaktime
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
long hours due to machine failure
Very safe place to work over the top !!!!!
General labor /Machine Operator/Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 March 2015
Early start to every morning !!!
Our production is getting busier and busier everyday!
An alarm went off and all the management and co-workers responded accordingly.
There is no hard pert about my job and the most enjoyable is the volume of production my team and i do everyday!!
Gym exercise
3rd Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  High River, AB17 March 2015
Very good management and good work team, now I connect with them usually to talk about the life and future plan.
The most enjoyable of the job was to operate the equipment controls
Lots of OT
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2015
I loved working here because i put in a lot of overtime hours. I also loved it because I worked continental shifts. I just didn't like the fact that it was quite far from my house and their safety. Once i had my interview and orientation they stress safety so much, but when I worked for them they really don't care about workers safety or their concerns.
Pros
Free Lunches, sometimes.
Cons
SAFETY IS A 7 ON A SCALE 1-10
Good to train you, then go elsewhere
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Canwood, SK4 March 2015
No recognition for effort, management hasn't got a clue. You will be simply a number if you work for Cargill. Great place to train and become proficient then get a job elsewhere for more money and less work, like all of their employees do.
Pros
Crash course in reality.
Cons
you will be used until you give up
Worst place ever
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg19 February 2015
Worked at Cargill in Accounts department for less than a year.

I would say this is the worst company I have worked with in my entire life. Atleast the people that I worked with were like that.

Extremely unprofessional and biased attitude of the management. Salary is also on lower side. Won't recommend to anyone.
Pros
Global presence
Cons
Bad management attitude, extremely biased.
No advancement possible (worst experience as a Plant Operator)
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, Saskatchewan18 February 2015
This job is a low pay job. Duties in this job include working long hours out in the cold most of the times. Job is mostly cleaning like housekeeping in severe dust and cold conditions. Jumping on the rail cars in adverse weather conditions. It is a high risk job with low compensation.
I would not recommend this job for diverse employees. The management wouldn't allow you to advance.
This kind of job is always advertised as many people are not willing to take it.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope It will help many from falling into this trap.
Pros
This kind of job is always available at different locations.
Cons
Horrible management, Too low salary, Work at odd hours, not good for diverse employees