Cargill

Cargill Employee Reviews

extremely poor canadian management
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
"no advancement in career"
"people are promoted because of friendship not performance and education"
"a very rare wage increase, if there is only 15 cents"
"they don't care about your life status"
"payroll personnel cheat on your work hours"
Pros
getting paid on time
Cons
you get old without any progress. (wage and career)
Poor Canadian management with careless treatment to employees
Planning (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 18, 2016
Poor Canadian management with careless treatment to employees. Employees are promoted mostly for friendship not due to their performance.
Manager adjust or change things according to their convenience not necessary following the company's policy.
Salaries for medium level employees are below the average in the industry.
Very stressful place to work. Poor or none training program. Learning by mistakes.
Hard part of the job, feeling hopeless for professional growth.
Pros
Well known Company
Cons
Poor Canadian Management
Toxic enviroment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Poor Management at my facility, weak and incompetent. Union dictates and senior management do not stand up. Have visited other facilities that are fantastic though so think this is location specific.
Company policies & Management
Meat processor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 11, 2015
Management understanding when situations occurred that meant delay or storm road closures.
Enjoyed working with others, including Management, for the Annual United Way, help planning fun events for company "Fun-day events"
Packaging of meat products
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 28, 2015
It was in a cold environment everyday thus, seasonal changes does not matter. Warm clothing worn everyday. Not an ideal job during the summer. Long hours mainly standing. Boring due to repetitive work at times. Good pay but the climate is just too cold.
Pros
Pot Luck Lunches
Cons
Long hours standing
friendly and happy workplace
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 11, 2015
Everyone was super friendly and happy in the early mornings. I enjoyed being in such a positive work environment. All the workers in the department were really nice.
lots of overtime
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Jarvis, ONJuly 14, 2015
good place to work. sometimes long hours. good pay and good benefits. co workers are also good people to work with. Don't always have a normal work week.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
once your inside you cant go outside
assembly line worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 30, 2015
very fast paced environment
always have to be aware for your own safety and of others
management was very serious
the people working there were very nice people the best probably at any company iv worked at
Pros
3 breaks during day
Very productive, Physically demanding
Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  High River, ABJune 22, 2015
As a Loader Operator I start my everyday work by double checking all of my equipment, machine,loading areas for any safety hazard if there is a problem i will let them(supervisor, lead-hand, safety maintenance) know right-away; and after any operations i always end it by cleaning and making sure all things that i used is on proper place In every day work i learned to manage my time and prepare things in advance, so there will be no rushing. To my co-workers, I'd like to have conversation, and maintain harmonious relationship even we are different in so many ways; The hardest part of my job is a sudden order that you're not prepare to do or sudden change of plan, in the end i always smile on it, i always keep on mind " no pain no gain" ; I enjoyed my job because i learned many different things and be able to meet different people that i call family.
Fantastic place to work...Vision and Guidelines fit my goals.
Customer Service Administrator/Web Champion (Current Employee) –  La Crête, ABMay 29, 2015
Overall wonderful company to work for. Salary/benefits are competitive, co-workers are a great group of people and management are great leaders.
productive and more knowledge work place
Industrial butcher/meat cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB CanadaMay 15, 2015
8hours work 5 days a week
work hard
good
i learn to associate my other foreign co-worker
being alone in my position because luck of man power 2 or 3 person is needed
breaktime
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
long hours due to machine failure
Very safe place to work over the top !!!!!
General labor /Machine Operator/Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 18, 2015
Early start to every morning !!!
Our production is getting busier and busier everyday!
An alarm went off and all the management and co-workers responded accordingly.
There is no hard pert about my job and the most enjoyable is the volume of production my team and i do everyday!!
Gym exercise
3rd Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  High River, ABMarch 17, 2015
Very good management and good work team, now I connect with them usually to talk about the life and future plan.
The most enjoyable of the job was to operate the equipment controls
Lots of OT
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
I loved working here because i put in a lot of overtime hours. I also loved it because I worked continental shifts. I just didn't like the fact that it was quite far from my house and their safety. Once i had my interview and orientation they stress safety so much, but when I worked for them they really don't care about workers safety or their concerns.
Pros
free lunches, sometimes.
Cons
safety is a 7 on a scale 1-10
Good to train you, then go elsewhere
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Canwood, SKMarch 4, 2015
No recognition for effort, management hasn't got a clue. You will be simply a number if you work for Cargill. Great place to train and become proficient then get a job elsewhere for more money and less work, like all of their employees do.
Pros
crash course in reality.
Cons
you will be used until you give up
Worst place ever
Accountant (Former Employee) –  WinnipegFebruary 19, 2015
Worked at Cargill in Accounts department for less than a year.

I would say this is the worst company I have worked with in my entire life. Atleast the people that I worked with were like that.

Extremely unprofessional and biased attitude of the management. Salary is also on lower side. Won't recommend to anyone.
Pros
global presence
Cons
bad management attitude, extremely biased.
No advancement possible (worst experience as a Plant Operator)
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SaskatchewanFebruary 18, 2015
This job is a low pay job. Duties in this job include working long hours out in the cold most of the times. Job is mostly cleaning like housekeeping in severe dust and cold conditions. Jumping on the rail cars in adverse weather conditions. It is a high risk job with low compensation.
I would not recommend this job for diverse employees. The management wouldn't allow you to advance.
This kind of job is always advertised as many people are not willing to take it.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope It will help many from falling into this trap.
Pros
this kind of job is always available at different locations.
Cons
horrible management, too low salary, work at odd hours, not good for diverse employees
Busy working medical & administrative day.
Health and Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 16, 2014
I worked with my colleague nurses to help the employee with a high quality medical services. All the medical files are charted electronically and manually. all appointments are scheduled and editted. All patients are triaged in proper way. All outlook work, faxes and telephone calles are handed in proper way.
Attending some training meeting.
Great learning expirience
QA (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 11, 2014
great summer job- lots of money and hours. perfect for college students looking for a job for the summer.
Unionized enviroment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  EtobicokeDecember 1, 2014
Working for unionized company made my work very interesting.
following collective agreement made day to day activities very easy and straight forward.