Cargill Employee Reviews

Busy working environment
Packaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 March 2017
1. Busy and cold working environment.
2. Friendly employee.
3. Learned management and how to finish everything on time.
4. working in the same line with my friend was enjoyable.
Heartless Corperation
saw operator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 March 2017
on normal work week, is ok. 40 hours, super fast environment. overtime can be posted as mandatory. up to 1.75 hours/day/week or 8 hours on Saturday.
Pros
pay is decent, benefits were good
Cons
mandatory overtime, management doesn't care about the people just the numbers.
Very High Efficiency Plant
Plant Electrician (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB13 February 2017
Safety wise, they are very particular in lock-tag out. safety is first priority in the plant. I have to rate this company as excellent one and food safety wise is number one.
poor management
Electrician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Jarvis, ON10 February 2017
had an injury do to cargills poor communications then I was treated very poorly. the midnight guy told me that the plant manager and maintenance super were saying I was faking it. Well I just had surgery .they made me use my vacation days for the injury.
Pros
buy cheap chicken nuggets
Cons
they want you on call 24/7
Good hours to work; poor working conditions
Will not disclose (Current Employee) –  Alberta1 February 2017
Management is very poor; Too many uncertified employees doing jobs that they should not be doing due to being uncertified; Poor working conditions (i.e. very unclean); A lot of internal racism directed at all races; Have very good benefits; Good working schedule for all employees.
Pros
Sometimes get free lunches and get discounted meats.
Cons
Very poor management and too many uncertified employees, which can make working environment unsafe.
Working at Cargill
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  High River, AB24 January 2017
Cargill is a great place to work.

Provides some level of job security and the people, being from differing parts of the globe, makes it fun to interact as a group.

Great team player. and team builders.

Accessible management and supervisors.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
A progressive leading edge company in world agricultural products
Agronomist (Former Employee) –  McLennan, AB17 January 2017
Learned about the fast-paced working team culture of the company. All of the employees are leaders in their specialized field. The selection and screening process was meticulous. Requiring 5 references to complete a survey for each hiring.
Safety training and protocol was second to none in the industry.
Company provides great opportunity for advancement and for relocating your Cargill employment if desired.
Cargill has earned the reputation for being one of the best employers in Canada.
Pros
Extensive training and certification provided and encouraged
Productive and fun work place in trimming, boxing and as saw operator
Omasum saw operator / Trimmer and Boxer Crew (Current Employee) –  High River, AB13 January 2017
a typical day at work is to prepare all boxes and machine to maintain the safety and quality of the product.
i learned is to be hardworking and reliable person of my supervisor
in management is great and very manageable in time and production
my co workers is very helpful and relevant
the hardest part of the job is when some of your co worker is absent and you are only the one to do the job well done.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when every body is working hard with the smile in our lips because of the jokes and still productive.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Saturday Overtime
very dirty enviroment
MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee) –  High River, AB10 January 2017
long hours in hot decaying enviroment
every day was a fire fight with employees with no experience
in millwright profession
a lot of extra work to do just to get back to where you need to be to start your day so at he end of the day your still behind
barring break downs the were a few out of 30 millwrights
like myself will to help other teams to lighten there work load
if you were fortunate to be on the same shift rotation
after hours were cut (union unfortunately) pay was good 34.80
per hour was not worth the daily head ache at 32 hours per week
Pros
you meet a variety of ethnic groups
Cons
its a slaughter house you need a good gut for it
productive and fun workplace with gym
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB3 January 2017
regular working hoursand working 40hours a week and learned many things like working as a team and co workers with different nationalities, good management working also in a safe passed faced environment
hard work
General Labourer, Cargill (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 December 2016
Dress up warm everyday in layers of clothing, get to work station on time,
Friendly co-workers, always helpful when needed.
The hardest part of the job was that is was just a cold facility.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we actually go at a fast pace to get products packed.
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rycroft, AB8 November 2016
Everyday and every year is a different challenge. Products and environments are changing every season. The training the company provides is second to none and its hard to never be unprepared.
Hard working and fun environment
Sanitation Crew (Current Employee) –  Jarvis, ON2 November 2016
This job involves a lot of social skill as you work with a crew. The management are friendly and easy to get along with. My co-workers are easy going and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is definitely withstanding the heat. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of seeing the difference of the room after doing a good job.
Pros
Break every 2.5 hours.
Cons
Never having a finish time.
"If your desperate for a job"
I'd expose myself if I said (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 October 2016
Work here a very long time. So I know what I'm talking about. This company, Cargill (Better Beef". Is on a decline if you decide to come in now. You will learn very fast. They do not care about your well being nor your life outside of it. Daily you will be required to do the jobs of two people every single day. The turn over rate is so high 20 people get hired and 19 walk out a day or a week tops. If you need to make a doctors appointment! Good luck.... you do that when they tell you you can. Have plans for the weekend? Not any more. They tell you you have to work mandatory overtime Friday! With an hours notice on Thursday. There is a "wellness facilty" on site. Don't plan on getting the proper help. Report an injury and they will say it was all your fault. Heads up to all. SERIOUSLY! File a wisb claim. Don't let them be in control of your health. But be aware! Doing this will put a target in your back. Put yourself number one. And do it any way. I could honestly go on longer. Hopefully Iv fair warned enoughed. I can put up with almost any thing. Tough as heck. But this place is a pure nightmare
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Tiring, hard work, terrible environment
Industrial Beef Butcher (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 October 2016
A day here is comparable to war. the co workers were misrable, the managers were misrable, and I never left feeling like I was satisfied at the end of the day.
Pros
Pension, Benefits.
Cons
Long days, Mandatory Overtime, Bloody.
Friends like Family
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 October 2016
Very family orientated. Great hard-working people, Passionate about success. Safety is a core value not just a priority. The people there work to make the best quality product they can and everyone takes ownership in the prde they have in their successes, Great place to work but it is time for a new challenge.
If you get injured then they get rid of you
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Jarvis, ON17 October 2016
Management was terriable the general people were good. They spray lots of chemicals around. The air quality is poor. . They do not look after there people well if you get injured they make life miserable for you unrtil you quit.
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Work every holiday
Bad management
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  London on14 October 2016
Bad management in sanitation get if u take a temporary full time posting and a full time job comes later up course u can't take it or sign it for 9 months and plant
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Flex wages very bad
Good company.
Assistant Supervisor. (Current Employee) –  High River, AB28 September 2016
We have gym , basketball games , wellness safety program, we encourage our employee to work safely because we are responsible in our own safety.
FOR ME the job sometimes is not about the salary it about a comportable in work place team work is important.
Good environment , good place, its enough to be a comportable in work...

I am assistant supervisor, LEAD HAND and I am in charge in case the supervisor is absent..
beneficial by learning new culture and get exposure of working with multicultural team
Small Scale Operations- Growers Debtors Lead (Current Employee) –  Chipata21 September 2016
Its a good experience working in Zambia, the team is from diverse background from different continents. Have learnt a lot from workmates especially those from America and Europe. Cargill is a multinational company so it always has employees on global mobility which is a significant benefit to local teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.