Cargill Employee Review

What Salt?
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA29 August 2013
Before I started with this company, the only salt that I knew of were table salt. I never knew that salt was used for so many other things like cleaning salt off of our highways and using salt in hotel laundry methods.

Working for Cargill Salt was extremely challenging as I had to learn the ways salt is harvest, used, and transported. But I had to learn quick because I was aiming for the Team Leader position. By obtaining this goal, I took home (with permission, of course) Operation Manuals from the factory in order to know how it's harvested. I also spent a lot of time talking to our Sales Reps and Quality Control experts. I also learned how to dispatch trucks in order to fulfill and deliver the salt to our customers.

Other Cargill Employee Reviews

Challenging workplace
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB8 February 2018
Working in a production plant focusing on quality and quantity with many other skilled workers. Many types of work to apply for with a pretty good wage. Very fast paced environment
Not a bad workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON4 February 2018
The people I worked with were friendly. The work is in a cooler (4oC for 8 hrs), so getting a freezer jacket is a good decision for working there and the job is standing the whole time so good work boots help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.