Cargill Employee Review

What Salt?
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA29 August 2013
Before I started with this company, the only salt that I knew of were table salt. I never knew that salt was used for so many other things like cleaning salt off of our highways and using salt in hotel laundry methods.

Working for Cargill Salt was extremely challenging as I had to learn the ways salt is harvest, used, and transported. But I had to learn quick because I was aiming for the Team Leader position. By obtaining this goal, I took home (with permission, of course) Operation Manuals from the factory in order to know how it's harvested. I also spent a lot of time talking to our Sales Reps and Quality Control experts. I also learned how to dispatch trucks in order to fulfill and deliver the salt to our customers.

Other Cargill Employee Reviews

Automated systems Technologist (Former Employee) –  High River, AB2 December 2017
Cargill Meat solution located in High River AB, and have more than 1000 staffs, all of them work together as a friend and me proud to work with them as a team member.
early days, mandatory OT
Labourer (Former Employee) –  guelph24 November 2017
Good career oppertunity. Hard to get in on time without ones own car. Early hours and mandatory OT are a major drawback for me. Managment, Pay, Culture and salary/benifits are all very good. Union Job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.