Cargill Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, sometimes intense
Capital Project Management Assistant (Former Employee), High River, ABMay 11, 2016
Most days I settle down at my workstation to finish the task assigned by my manager. For my job as a Capital Project Management Assistant I organized contractor folders and made them much easier to find. For my job as a Procedural Safety Management Assistant I worked with operators to write official lockout/tagout documents for heavy machinery. I learned a lot about contractor procedures and how to work with other professionals. In order to ensure safe operation, I had to learn how to read industrial setting P&ID's and AutoCad files.
My co-workers were a group of mixed ethnicity who got along really well. We communicated without difficulty and cooperated without conflict. Perhaps the most difficult part of the job would be finding the manager to report to, since the facility is large and responsibilities widespread, tracking people down could take much longer than ever expected. I did however, enjoy the hands-on experience with industrial ammonia compressors and other hydraulic pumps.
Average place to work
General Office Assistant (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMay 10, 2016
Pros: Average Pay
Cons: No advancement, no appreciation
Great people to work with. Co-workers are awesome. Work is busy, always. Not a good place for advancement. Highly stressful environment. Hardest part is not knowing if you're doing a good job and communication is lacking. Employs a lot of nice dedicated people.
Ever changing work load
General Labourer (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 7, 2016
Pros: Freezer Work (Depending on where you're placed), Various Jobs
Cons: Management, Union, Exclusive Seniority Based Opportunities
Fast paced Job,

Many job positions, From general labour to meat cutting to corralling cows

Peak moments of high work load stress

Much to learn and master, if willing
Job is not secured due to non -stop business re-org and other cost cuts
Regional Service Administrator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 28, 2016
The Mangement is bad. even though they say they value diversity they do favouritism to some ethnics groups. The company is not stable and jobs are not secured as they were used to be because of continuous changes in business changes and bad business decisions.
it is a good company with great benefits
Power Engineer (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
I like working there with high job security and good benefits.
I work as a power engineer there. checking boilers, testing water, etc
managers are great and I'm feeling excited with working with my co workers
Productive and Interesting
Employee Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Working remotely/Work Life Balance
Cons: More could be done on Employee Engagement/Loyalty
Human beings poses different challenges everyday. A typical day for me is full of issues that I enjoy so much dealing with. I like the fact that everyday is not the same and I love the challenges of being able to think things through. I have a manager that allows me to use my discretion on things. I only go to my manager to ensure that I don't derail from the overall picture. I learnt new things about human behaviour everyday. The hardest part of my job is being able to draft a unified policy for all employees in 17 business units in 78 locations all over Canada
Great Learning Experience as an apprentice
Millwright Helper (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Great hours
Great, workplace, great hours, great pay and great people. You are required to get tasks done at a timely matter. The most enjoyable part of the is being able to work on your own and with others
horrible
General Labourer (Current Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Training is a joke

You are put on the extremely fast line and expected to be as fast as your co workers who have done that job a lot longer then you.
Salary is too low for the hard work.
extremely poor canadian management
General Labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: getting paid on time
Cons: you get old without any progress. (wage and career)
"no advancement in career"
"people are promoted because of friendship not performance and education"
"a very rare wage increase, if there is only 15 cents"
"they don't care about your life status"
"payroll personnel cheat on your work hours"
Poor Canadian management with careless treatment to employees
Planning (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Well known Company
Cons: Poor Canadian Management
Poor Canadian management with careless treatment to employees. Employees are promoted mostly for friendship not due to their performance.
Manager adjust or change things according to their convenience not necessary following the company's policy.
Salaries for medium level employees are below the average in the industry.
Very stressful place to work. Poor or none training program. Learning by mistakes.
Hard part of the job, feeling hopeless for professional growth.
Toxic enviroment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Poor Management at my facility, weak and incompetent. Union dictates and senior management do not stand up. Have visited other facilities that are fantastic though so think this is location specific.
Company policies & Management
Meat processor (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 11, 2015
Management understanding when situations occurred that meant delay or storm road closures.
Enjoyed working with others, including Management, for the Annual United Way, help planning fun events for company "Fun-day events"
Packaging of meat products
Packaging (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Pot Luck Lunches
Cons: Long hours standing
It was in a cold environment everyday thus, seasonal changes does not matter. Warm clothing worn everyday. Not an ideal job during the summer. Long hours mainly standing. Boring due to repetitive work at times. Good pay but the climate is just too cold.
friendly and happy workplace
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 11, 2015
Everyone was super friendly and happy in the early mornings. I enjoyed being in such a positive work environment. All the workers in the department were really nice.
lots of overtime
Labourer (Former Employee), Jarvis, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: once your inside you cant go outside
good place to work. sometimes long hours. good pay and good benefits. co workers are also good people to work with. Don't always have a normal work week.
assembly line worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks during day
Cons: long hours
very fast paced environment
always have to be aware for your own safety and of others
management was very serious
the people working there were very nice people the best probably at any company iv worked at
Very productive, Physically demanding
Loader Operator (Current Employee), High River, ABJune 22, 2015
As a Loader Operator I start my everyday work by double checking all of my equipment, machine,loading areas for any safety hazard if there is a problem i will let them(supervisor, lead-hand, safety maintenance) know right-away; and after any operations i always end it by cleaning and making sure all things that i used is on proper place In every day work i learned to manage my time and prepare things in advance, so there will be no rushing. To my co-workers, I'd like to have conversation, and maintain harmonious relationship even we are different in so many ways; The hardest part of my job is a sudden order that you're not prepare to do or sudden change of plan, in the end i always smile on it, i always keep on mind " no pain no gain" ; I enjoyed my job because i learned many different things and be able to meet different people that i call family.
Fantastic place to work...Vision and Guidelines fit my goals.
Customer Service Administrator/Web Champion (Current Employee), La Crête, ABMay 29, 2015
Overall wonderful company to work for. Salary/benefits are competitive, co-workers are a great group of people and management are great leaders.
productive and more knowledge work place
Industrial butcher/meat cutter (Former Employee), High River, AB CanadaMay 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: long hours due to machine failure
8hours work 5 days a week
work hard
good
i learn to associate my other foreign co-worker
being alone in my position because luck of man power 2 or 3 person is needed
breaktime
Very safe place to work over the top !!!!!
General labor /Machine Operator/Lead Hand (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 18, 2015
Early start to every morning !!!
Our production is getting busier and busier everyday!
An alarm went off and all the management and co-workers responded accordingly.
There is no hard pert about my job and the most enjoyable is the volume of production my team and i do everyday!!
Headquarters