Cargill

Cargill Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly and happy workplace
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 11, 2015
Everyone was super friendly and happy in the early mornings. I enjoyed being in such a positive work environment. All the workers in the department were really nice.
lots of overtime
Labourer (Former Employee), Jarvis, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: once your inside you cant go outside
good place to work. sometimes long hours. good pay and good benefits. co workers are also good people to work with. Don't always have a normal work week.
assembly line worker
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks during day
Cons: long hours
very fast paced environment
always have to be aware for your own safety and of others
management was very serious
the people working there were very nice people the best probably at any company iv worked at
Very productive, Physically demanding
Loader Operator (Current Employee), High River, ABJune 22, 2015
As a Loader Operator I start my everyday work by double checking all of my equipment, machine,loading areas for any safety hazard if there is a problem i will let them(supervisor, lead-hand, safety maintenance) – more... know right-away; and after any operations i always end it by cleaning and making sure all things that i used is on proper place In every day work i learned to manage my time and prepare things in advance, so there will be no rushing. To my co-workers, I'd like to have conversation, and maintain harmonious relationship even we are different in so many ways; The hardest part of my job is a sudden order that you're not prepare to do or sudden change of plan, in the end i always smile on it, i always keep on mind " no pain no gain" ; I enjoyed my job because i learned many different things and be able to meet different people that i call family. – less
Fantastic place to work...Vision and Guidelines fit my goals.
Customer Service Administrator/Web Champion (Current Employee), La Crête, ABMay 29, 2015
Overall wonderful company to work for. Salary/benefits are competitive, co-workers are a great group of people and management are great leaders.
productive and more knowledge work place
Industrial butcher/meat cutter (Former Employee), High River, AB CanadaMay 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: long hours due to machine failure
8hours work 5 days a week
work hard
good
i learn to associate my other foreign co-worker
being alone in my position because luck of man power 2 or 3 person is needed
breaktime
Very safe place to work over the top !!!!!
General labor /Machine Operator/Lead Hand (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 18, 2015
Early start to every morning !!!
Our production is getting busier and busier everyday!
An alarm went off and all the management and co-workers responded accordingly.
There is no hard pert about my job and the most enjoyable is the volume of production my team and i do everyday!!
Gym exercise
3rd Power Engineer (Former Employee), High River, ABMarch 17, 2015
Very good management and good work team, now I connect with them usually to talk about the life and future plan.
The most enjoyable of the job was to operate the equipment controls
Lots of OT
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunches, sometimes.
Cons: safety is a 7 on a scale 1-10
I loved working here because i put in a lot of overtime hours. I also loved it because I worked continental shifts. I just didn't like the fact that it was quite far from my house and their safety. Once i had my interview and orientation they stress safety so much, but when I worked for them they really don't care about workers safety or their concerns.
Good to train you, then go elsewhere
Facility Manager (Current Employee), Canwood, SKMarch 4, 2015
Pros: crash course in reality.
Cons: you will be used until you give up
No recognition for effort, management hasn't got a clue. You will be simply a number if you work for Cargill. Great place to train and become proficient then get a job elsewhere for more money and less work, like all of their employees do.
Worst place ever
Accountant (Former Employee), WinnipegFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: global presence
Cons: bad management attitude, extremely biased.
Worked at Cargill in Accounts department for less than a year.

I would say this is the worst company I have worked with in my entire life. Atleast the people that I worked with were like that.

Extremely unprofessional and biased attitude of the management. Salary is also on lower side. Won't recommend to anyone.
No advancement possible (worst experience as a Plant Operator)
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Kindersley, SaskatchewanFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: this kind of job is always available at different locations.
Cons: horrible management, too low salary, work at odd hours, not good for diverse employees
This job is a low pay job. Duties in this job include working long hours out in the cold most of the times. Job is mostly cleaning like housekeeping in severe dust and cold conditions. Jumping on the rail – more... cars in adverse weather conditions. It is a high risk job with low compensation.
I would not recommend this job for diverse employees. The management wouldn't allow you to advance.
This kind of job is always advertised as many people are not willing to take it.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope It will help many from falling into this trap. – less
Busy working medical & administrative day.
Health and Safety Administrator (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 16, 2014
I worked with my colleague nurses to help the employee with a high quality medical services. All the medical files are charted electronically and manually. all appointments are scheduled and editted. All patients are triaged in proper way. All outlook work, faxes and telephone calles are handed in proper way.
Attending some training meeting.
Great learning expirience
QA (Former Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 11, 2014
great summer job- lots of money and hours. perfect for college students looking for a job for the summer.
Unionized enviroment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), EtobicokeDecember 1, 2014
Working for unionized company made my work very interesting.
following collective agreement made day to day activities very easy and straight forward.
No room for advancement
Fibre Analyst/Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONDecember 1, 2014
Pros: good people, easy to work with personal commitments, good benefits, good safety culture
Cons: not competitive pay, poor management, poor experience, quality
Busy day, no recognition for good work
Poor salary, not competitive
Not a great diversity of knowledge/expertise
Safety considered a core value and proved as such
Quality needs improvement
Senior management focused on non-relevant issues and did not understand day-to-day needs
kil foor maintenance
year Millwright (Former Employee), high riverNovember 6, 2014
kill floor maintenance, repair and all equipment and machines on the kill floor
great experience obtained
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), High River, ABJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great meat gifts at christmas and other time throught the year
Cons: rigid management
wonderful experience in Emergency care of injuries
learned to be accountable for my actions
Challenging and exciting workplace
Accounting Analyst Intern (Former Employee), WinnipegJune 12, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: bulk of work
I enjoy everything, it is a very challenging and productive workplace to be with. I improved professionally and personally, especially my computer skills and dealing with different type of people.
difficult jobs
meat cutter (Current Employee), High River, ABJune 1, 2014
Pros: own lunch...
Cons: long hours stand
very difficult job...do your job in per seconds for meat cutting ..working like a machine...

1 2 3

About Cargill

Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, – Read more