Cargill Employee Review

Difficult place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GA3 April 2014
Cargill has a good ole boy culture that allows for little growth unless you're in the club. There is little focus on improvement and much focus on fire fighting. Almost every day some problem was solved again that had been solved numerous times before with no focus placed on putting something in place to prevent the issue from happening again. People are routinely recognized for heroic measures taken to solve some crisis when those who try to put processes in place to prevent problems are not listened to at all. Talent level is low in management ranks with very young people put in high roles when they don't have the experience to handle those roles. Micro-management is the norm and people in lower management roles are not allowed to actually do their jobs without approval for most any move they want to make. Accountability is handled on a very selective level - certain people are accountable for doing their jobs and exhibiting leadership skills while others aren't. I have recently been able to manage most of my work in a 40-44 hour week. Many people I work with, however, must work 50 plus hours each week to keep from drowning. Most disappointing of all, the pay is very low for the expectations set.
Pros
Nothing really comes to mind...
Cons
Low pay, favoritism, low talent level of management

Other Cargill Employee Reviews

Automated systems Technologist (Former Employee) –  High River, AB2 December 2017
Cargill Meat solution located in High River AB, and have more than 1000 staffs, all of them work together as a friend and me proud to work with them as a team member.
early days, mandatory OT
Labourer (Former Employee) –  guelph24 November 2017
Good career oppertunity. Hard to get in on time without ones own car. Early hours and mandatory OT are a major drawback for me. Managment, Pay, Culture and salary/benifits are all very good. Union Job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.