Cargill Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior Analyst Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
It is great to work for an organization that gives so much back to the community. I love seeing my regular customers and sharing the ups and downs of their favorite sports team, and I welcome the newbies and relish in their excitement of being at the 'Dome for the first time, especially the younger children at their first hockey game or concert.
Nice job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  High River, AB19 October 2017
Had a great experience working here, a totally different environment compared to my previous jobs. The only con about it is their location is very far.
Demanding job, fast paced enviroment
Sanitation Contractor (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 October 2017
worked night shift as a sanitation clerk, understood how to take apart sophisticated equipment clean sanitize and put it back together. most difficult time was the hours
Pros
learn about massive production facilities
Cons
strenuous movement and difficult on body
Workplace culture is less than desirable
Livestock Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  High River, AB25 September 2017
Very difficult company to succeed within. Focus in based solely on negative results, with no recognition for achievements. Virtually impossible to succeed based on experience and/or qualifications. This company is a boy's club where success is measured by who you know, not your education, achievements or experience.
The place is nice but improvable
Digital muscle puller (Former Employee) –  High River, AB24 September 2017
Cargill is where my Parents work and I was amaze by the profound nationalism and respect of each other. I gain knowledge of knife skill and packaging. Most of my job was hard but it was all worth it.
Pros
Average salary
Good place to learn industrial equipment
Production worker (Former Employee) –  High River, AB21 September 2017
place where I learn how work under pressure in fast moving environment, managers and supervisors understood you and tried to help how it was possible, it was good time when I met nice people to work with
Pros
lot of recognitions for hard work
Cons
if there is down time you have to stay until everything is done
Clean and safe workplace
Cargill (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB9 September 2017
I used a powerhose to wash the meat off and use chemicals to scrab the stains..I traveled 45 mins to work and was alway on time, I was working night shift with cargill foods.
productive
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
a very good place to work and with good salary and work benefits and the company has offers good benefits and they have differrent working shifts
Unexpected
Butcher work (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 September 2017
I worked here as a summer student in 2015. I was told I would never have to hold a knife during the interview and that I would be doing something else. I was wrong.
employer of choice
Senior Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  High River, AB11 August 2017
great benefits, a lot of job opportunities. been there for over 3 years now and i love working there. co-employees are all great. we have a strong team both day and night shifts.
Productive cold storage meat packing plant
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  75 rexdale blvd10 August 2017
Operated wrapping machines, Packaged sausage meat. Coded labels. Management was very supportive. Keeping other employees happy was the hardest part. The lighting and the work space was easy to move around in.
Pros
Get paid of our work
Cons
very cold envirornment
productive and hard working place
MEAT CUTTER AND PACKER (Former Employee) –  High River, AB8 August 2017
very productive place and yes if you do not consder yourself as a hard worker you should not be there because the volume of work is very high per day and the production very high as well
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Musical Events
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cargill Food City Beach Road Negombo, Srilanka3 August 2017
i learnt a lot from Food City job like team work, customer dealing, Stock products on the shelves, Understood all responsibilities regarding safety in the work place.
Managed cashiering activities in areas of purchasing, returns, and exchanges, and enforce store policies.
the most enjoyable part is when some customer appreciate our work our services.
Pros
Cons
some times
Great company to work for
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 August 2017
Wish I still lived in Guelph. This facility is owned by Cargill Ltd which is the largest company in the top 500 with Walmart. They supply our regional beef and we also export to Japan and Sun Valley Productions which is Mcdonalds
Pros
gain lots of strength working for them
Cons
must not be afraid of cows
improving
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB2 August 2017
Company respect the rules of collective agreement is a unionized company equal opportunity for employees to thrive respect human rights. good company to work
Pros
benefits, union, salary, safe place
Cons
heavy work
Workplace culture
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 July 2017
Cargill is one of the best places to work in Canada. The workplace culture is one of best thing I enjoyed working there. People is very oriented to work as a team and support each other. One thing that keep me engaged working here was the passion for the Safety of all persons that work for the company, and the commitment to ensure everybody back home in a safety manner!!!
Pros
Best work culture
Cons
Poor wage package and horrible pension
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC15 July 2017
the 6-3 work shift is not conducive for raising a young family or having a life outside of work. We have tried to get them to switch to a 4 on 4 off shift but the union and company cant agree on anything. The environment here is toxic. If you have a trade keep looking if you don't then this place will pay you well if you can work the weird shift and ignore the toxic environment
Pros
its not the worst job out there
Cons
toxic, poor pension/wage package
good benefits/ fun and easy to work my co-workers are all nice and friendly.,
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  High River, AB29 June 2017
Company provides great opportunity for advancement / good benefits
Friendly co-workers, always helpful when needed.
The hardest part of the job is to wake-up early ., lolz :)
Cargill has earned the reputation for being one of the best employers in Canada..,
Pros
challenging but exciting
Cons
no comment
this place is not a good place to work
Butcher, Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 June 2017
i have work at cargill for almost 4 years and i have never work in such an unorganized facility . the management is very rude and dont help any employees with safety
Associate Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2017
Cargill was a good place to work. Like any other job there are some downfalls but overall they do seem to care about their employees. The only issue I have is that now they want to outsource everything and should be an industry leader not follower and keep more jobs at home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.