Caressant Care Employee Reviews

Great job security with excellent benefits and very flexible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON9 January 2018
While working at the retirement home I found the job quite easy to learn and not to mention the job is unionized so once you pass the 3 month probation period you are safe in terms of your position and pay. Has yearly raises and often held fun employee activities.
Pros
Great Work environment and excellent experience
Cons
Early mornings
Management don’t follow ministry guidelines
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON7 January 2018
No support, incomplete assessments and very little effort to follow the ministry’s guidelines! Corporate ignores issues and sweeps them under the rug. Negative work environment due to lack of support! Residents are clearly NOT a priority with corporate or management!
Pros
Clients
Cons
To much to list
Dietary Aid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON30 November 2017
Prepping food for that days meals and then prepping food for the next days meals. Helping serve the meals and cleaning the dining room after everything was done
Pros
holiday gifts
Cons
not enough staff
job life
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON17 November 2017
love my job working with the elderly but not completely happy , our seniors deserve the best care possible with the right amount of staffing ,equipment and products needed to complete the care that`s required with each individual`s needs.Both from a personal and physical stand point.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
not enough staff, no advancements
Tricky to navigate staff culture
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Harriston, ON23 October 2017
While I loved working with the residents and the majority of the staff here, there was a fair amount of dissension between management-staff. This carried into the general atmosphere of the work-place, making it difficult to maintain good morale. There were also a few instances of somewhat un-professional behaviour between staff and residents, which I felt very ethically conflicted about.
Overall Summary
Student Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON8 October 2017
The workplace was very busy and unorganized. The staff can sometimes be overwhelming to work with which can affect the work environment. The pay was great if it is part-time during school which can help with finances also helping the elderly was quite enjoyable.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work life would be difficult
good place
Student Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 September 2017
Never had any bad things happen to me here, it is a good place to work, the people are nice. It has lots of opportunities for students, and nurses to work here.
3 shifts and done with the staff
Psw (Former Employee) –  Lindsay Mary St25 July 2017
I worked here for 3 shifts. Would never go back again. The coworkers were brutal to me and each other. Tear each other down and foster a very negative and catty work environment. Was told that managements attitude is to blame as they encourage the gossiping and infighting but I didn't stay long enough to find out. Only took 3 days to find out I could never work in such a negative environment. That setting is terrible for the residents and I couldn't bear to be a part of it.
Pros
Shifts 8 hours, good pay
Cons
Negative work environment, too few staff for each shift
Great first time experience
Dietary Student (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 July 2017
I enjoyed the independence I experienced in this position. The strict scheduling ensured that everyone knew exactly what was happening at every moment - something I greatly appreciated.
Pros
Work culture, clients, preplanned work days
Cons
Early mornings, long hours
Great place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON13 July 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to spend time with residents. I wish the student hours could be a little more, I think we would have more students staying with us then always having to hire new ones.
horrible
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Arthur, ON11 July 2017
it was horrible place to work due to the management at the time. a team is only as good as the management allows them to be. My co workers were great for the most part we were just a bunch of hard working and loving women that wanted the best for our residents. we always did our best with the lack of supplies that we were given
The best place to work
PAB (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2017
The company is well organized and the staff is really good, if you work there, you'll be well paid.That's the much I can say about them, I recommend them.
Pros
Good hours
Student Nurse
Student Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON14 March 2017
A typical day for me at work was ensuring that the residents needs were met throughout the day. From working at Caressant Care I learned that you need patience to work with other people. The management there was exceptional, they almost always had a positive outlook on everything. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a residents what they want, and where they want to go fast enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to bond with all the the residents and staff and see everyone get along.
Pros
Great communication skills between residents and staff
Cons
Rude staff
Caressant Care is a fun place to work, the residents always make me smile.
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON29 January 2017
The residents would always greet me coming into work. The employers always say good morning or afternoon and always kept a positive attitude.
Pros
Positive workers and residents
working environment is very good
REGISTERED NURSE - Permanent Full Time (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON15 January 2017
I HAVE A VERY GOOD RELATION WITH MY CO-WORKERS AS EVERYONE PROVIDES SUPPORT AS NEEDED. MANAGEMENT IS ALSO GOOD . I REALLY ENJOY MY WORK . I PERFORM ALL MY DUTIES WITH DEDICATION.I obtained excellent skills in patient care during my education, and nursing practice. My nursing experience has given me the confidence and skills to care for patients efficiently. Besides, I have the capability to work together with other healthcare professionals. I am enthusiastic regarding this position, understanding that, good patient care requires a solid foundation in nursing practice, prioritization and good communication skills. These capabilities, coupled with my sympathy, staying power, and patient support expertise are what I can offer at any facility as a RN.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Harriston, ON4 July 2016
Very small trucking business in a small town.. Employed around 8 office people with a handful of drivers.. Great place to work again closed its doors..
Working with the elderly can be rewarding
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 July 2016
The management are kind of rude. It is nice that there is a union because then the managers can't screw you over(although, mine tries). Some coworkers are nice, others not so nice.
Cons
More work than time allows
Normal job, enjoyed
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON12 June 2016
Liked my job there...residences made it great. Everyday work problems....would go back. Got injured that is why I am not there. Know your schedule ahead of time. Call ins available.
Pros
Wages, hours
Cons
Staff politics
Nursing careers that leave yu fulfilled
Part Time RN (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON20 April 2016
Nursing is a hands on career in LTC - The complexities of the residents, require critical thinking to triage the needs and meet them. With increased demand on documentation, it is a fine line in completing the tasks requiring documentation within an 8 hour period. Often times required documentation requires the need to complete after the end of the shift. Without pay. This is chronic throughout the healthcare system that is strapped to provide pay for completion of tasks. Healthcare facilities work within basic levels of Ministry Standards with very little perks for performance. However this is across the board. Caressant Care is a for profit chain of homes throughout Ontario that provides those basic needs to it's residents within the standards of care. At the end of the day it is the smile on the resident's faces and their trust which is the most valuable. The administrator is usually a non nursing person who caries out the daily management of the home well. The stress is on the Director of Care to meet the needs of staff, scheduling, dealing with families and their stress, staff and their stress, ordering supplies, ensuring the standards are met, discipline and it is a very heavy role which is often not maintained for more than 5 years because of the stress. This stressful role then invades the culture of the home and the staff and can create a toxic environment. There is a need for more calm and support in the role, as they DON is sandwiched between upper management, internal management, familes, residents and staff.

Co-workers are pleasant, capable.

The
  more... smiles and responses from residents and making a difference in their lives is the best part of the day. Not feeling effective in meeting the needs of the residents, i.e. MD who does not return calls is the most difficult and puts a lot of pressure on ensuring the comfort and needs of residents are met medically is a REAL challenge. Often times requiring residents to be sent to hospital for emergent medical needs, causing disruption to the resident through transfer, and to the added cost to families to pay for transport back from hospital is also a real stressor.  less
Pros
No pros... No
Cons
Long hours, missed breaks, no medical benefits, difficulty getting vacation time without hassle
Great job for highschool student
Student Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON30 March 2016
I was blessed to say I got to work at Caressant Care.
The residents made my experience a positive one!!
I have so much more respect for the employees in this work place.
The PSW's are the heart and soul of the nursing home.
It is important to work as a team and keep a positive work environment. We are working in peoples' homes.
It was interesting to learn about different lifts that were being used and types of diets different residents were on.
The workplace was always clean and sanitary.
Pros
job made you feel good about yourself. Helping others is essential
Cons
not enough hours