CarePartners Employee Review

View all CarePartners reviews

Rewarding but tiring job
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON25 May 2014
A typical day would include an early start at between 6:00 AM and 7:00AM at the home of my first client of the day. I would have to provide my own transportation at my own cost. The first client could vary from day to day and therefore the distance traveled and time would also vary. Most clients are entitled to a visit anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour (typically). During the visit (depending on the time allowed and what duties are approved) I would assist the client with personal hygiene, meal preparation, safe ambulation, dressing, confirmation that medication had been taken, light housekeeping. I would then travel to the next client and perform similar duties as required for typically an 8 hour day which also includes evenings and weekends (every second). This job requires good work ethic and the ability to work without direct supervision as well as the ability to manage your own time effectively. The best part of the job is meeting and interacting with a variety of people and knowing that what I do helps them. The hardest part of the job for me is now the physicality aspect and the long hours which leaves me little time or energy for a personal life.
Pros
Interacting with and helping people
Cons
Long hours and physical demands

Other CarePartners Employee Reviews

Terribly managed and poor morale
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2018
The Kitchener office runs their staff to the bone. Unrealistic expectations from staff and management treats their staff poorly. I worked here for 6 weeks before quitting. It was that bad.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Everything else
Waterloo office terrible management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 January 2018
Quit after working at the Waterloo office for two months! They think they provide you with enough training but they don’t.
The bosses don’t care about you at all and don’t help you. If they “help” it’s with added sarcasm and belittling.
All the employees talk behind your back no matter what you do and the bosses do nothing about it.
This place has no respect for its employees, don’t even bother applying! Almost every employee is looking for jobs elsewhere because of how stressful they make everyone.
Terrible place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CarePartners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7