CarePartners Employee Reviews in Canada

It started out as a good company
RN (Former Employee) –  Southwest Middlesex, ONNovember 7, 2015
CarePartners started out as a good company with a admirable philosophy but as it grew it became a corporation with little concern for the front line employee. The pay per visit and on call life do not give you work life balance. Management count on your good graces to ensure that the pay remains lower than any other nursing employer. The management is top heavy and the money spent could be better served with paying the front line nurse a competitive hourly wage. There are nurses that are due thousands of dollars in unpaid overtime, not aware it's owed to them.
The HNHB divisions have been on strike since April asking mainly for an hourly wage, sick pay and overtime pay for hours worked. CarePartners never negotiated a contract in spite of having a union in those divisions for 2 years.
I would not encourage a nurse to work there.
Pros
clients
poor management
psw (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 7, 2015
Previously known as red cross. At that time excellent company to work for. Since takeover by care partners half staff has quit. Poor management , inconsiderate of staff., demanding, expect the impossible, unfriendly towards staff. No meeting together. No Christmas get together., no nothing. Changes made in management constantly and we are not even notified. We are not introduced to new management so in reality we don't even know who is in charge. Can't keep supervisors making psw jobs more difficult. No concern for their staff or injuries on the job. Not a caring agency considering their role as supplying care. Management gets good pay. Employees have not had a raise in 6 years. All about profit. Not recommended as source of employment unless desperate for work.
Pros
Cons
limited hours. expect miracles
high stress environment due to poor management stills
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 1, 2016
the hardest part of working for this company is not having enough support from management.

A typical day working at this company you are given and expected to do so much work that 95% of the time you don't even have time to take a lunch. Everyone is constantly on edge because there is so much work to be done and not enough staff to cover the work load that's unevenly disturbed among the coordinators.

The best part about this position is being able to help a person who is in need of home support, who is either at risk or can not support their daily tasks on their own.
Pros
working 46+ hours per week
WORSE company to work with
RPN (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2016
The manager that hired me was horrible. I did not receive proper training that I have asked for. The manager did not give me access to nursing supplies such as hand sanitizers & gloves. I've worked there for 4 months and emailed multiple staff on a continuous basis asking for a device to track my patients/hours/pay-stubs, and they continued to disregard my requests and concerns.

Half a year later to this day, it's the same problem - I am calling them daily to obtain my T4, and again there is no response.
Pros
The patients that you meet are lovely, but not the company itself.
Cons
Poor communication, unorganized
Rewarding job
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 23, 2016
Every day was a rewarding, being with people in need, and being able to provide loving care, as well as looking after staff.
A smile says more than one thousand words. I truly enjoyed my job. Coworkers were excellent.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling, especially in the winter time on snowy and icy roads.
I have learned and bettered myself with the french language, because the services were mainly in french.

Loved every minute of it! Too, bad due to budget cuts, 4 Supervisors were let go, one of them was mine.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONDecember 15, 2015
Having recently joined CarePartners, my decision to do so was the right one for me. This company has a very supportive work environment~ very open and honest in their approach. Prior to joining CarePartners, I had reviewed some of the overall ratings and can say, with confidence, that my experience has been nothing less than positive. I have finally found a role that I don't consider to be "just a job", but a role that I love to do everyday......and that is what makes all the difference.
Pros
Supportive work environment, wonderful team of professionals, management supportive
Horrible!!!
Management (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 21, 2016
The merging of the Red Cross with Carepartners was a huge mistake! Carepartners does not reflect the principals of the Canadian Red Cross. In fact quite the opposite. The current owner and senior management have no compassion for staff or patients. Management bully both internal and field staff. Would not want this organization looking after my loved one.
Cons
No worklife balance and harass staff at all levels
Awful!!!!!!!!!!
Csw (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 5, 2016
Working with this company made me feel like I didnt have a life. I was working 12 hours every day with only 4 days off a month. There's no time to do personal errands or anything. If I needed time off I was always told "sorry we are short staffed" I was also made to work extra hours beyond my availability and when I asked about it, I was told we are short staffed we need the workers. It's a bad company to work for. They don't give you any time and they book you right up between 10-12 hours every day and don't ask you if you wanna work more then 8 hours, they tell you that you will be working in one geographical area and then when you start they send you EVERYWHERE and I mean everywhere!!! They also tell you that you will not being driving for more then 30 minutes unless you agree to it, that's a lie!! They also never give you enough time to drive from one place to the next!! For a 25 minute drive (on a really good day) they give you 15 minutes to drive to the next place. There's never anytime to eat a lunch as you are always rushing to get somewhere due to lack of timing allowed between clients. Awful company!! They don't care about their workers at all!!!! Do not work for them!
Pros
Money (when they properly pay you), amazing clients, driving between clients
Cons
Long hours, don't pay you properly, not enough time to drive between clients
fun and down to earth place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2015
CarePartners is a fast paced friendly environment to work in. It is very multicultural. Management and co-workers are very easy to work with. Hours are flexible. The hardest part of the job would be hearing that a long time patient that passed away. Most enjoyable part of the job would be dealing with patients on a daily basis and knowing they were receiving the services they need in order to remain in their home, instead of being placed in a nursing home.
Pros
hours are great, and good benefits
Cons
salary could be more competitive
Great place and environment to work, but the Management is terrible and need a new Management team in order for the office to run smoothly
administrative/coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2015
A part of a winning team. However, Management is horrible. You work is not appreciated and nobody cares about their job. The pay rate is extremly horrible comparing to other industries.

But the main concern is management. No support, no respect, no thank you nothing, nothing, it's terrible.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
Terrible
Terrible company to work for!!!!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 10, 2016
CarePartners is extremely unorganized, poor work ethics, terrible management, don't care about their employees, rude office staff.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
don't care about their workers
Productive and usefull
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 26, 2016
I have learned with my clients to be better person. The job is fine and i have good relation with my co-workers and managers. The hardest part of the job when someone dies. The most enjoyable part of this job is help someone.
Pros
good support
Cons
inconscistent schedule
Productive and Caring work Environment
PSW (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 18, 2016
The Environment is very friendly and supportive of everyone's decisions and suggestions. I learned a lot about being a personal support worker working in a simulated environment.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits
Great Job
nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 10, 2016
Supportive management team, good co workers. Flexible hours, Love helping patients, flexible scheduling, decent wage.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
time management, expectations
Carepartners
PSW (Current Employee) –  kitchener ontJune 3, 2016
Contracted through ccac. Works well with employers to schedule

hours available.

Fits clients with staff that benefits them.
Pros
Interpersonal staff
Cons
1 hour clients
Poor employer
Community visiting and clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 5, 2015
I worked with the company and there is no support for the staff. There is currently a labour dispute.
Home life and work life don't mix. I was fortunate to have no family at home. If I had children, this isn't the job.
The management bullies it staff. There is a huge turnover in staff.
The pay is horrible. Much below current rates for RN's and RPN's.
Once the labour dispute ( strike ) is over, you will or not have a job, as people are leaving the employer.

The best thing about the work, is the clients appreciate you on the whole.
Pros
The client appreciate you.
Cons
Long hours, bullying, lack of support from management
Great company with great opprotunities
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 28, 2016
Typical Personal Support Worker positions. Great clients, Great co-workers. Furthering my education in the aging population. I love being able to know I am helping people who unfortunately are unable to help themselves
Unprofessional Managment
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 13, 2015
I showed up everyday and did an amazing job, completed all my tasks on time, went above and beyond to help others. Great coworkers, not a lot of job security. I was there on a one year contract as a Billing Coordinator and let go after 3 months. They say it was "due to lack of work", but I know it was because the Finance Manger had issues with me since they let no one else go, and have an ad up for my job not 2 months later. She could never be nice to me, and constantly belittled and alienated me. She would either make a rude remark or ignore me totally. It's too bad because I loved the other people there and the work and the work environment. She made it cold and icy when she was around.
Fun workplace
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Working at this company is a fun and rewarding opportunity. Day in and day out communication with employees and clients are very favorable. The hardest part of this job is losing clients but the best part is seeing them well again and able to take care of themselves. Co-workers are great to work with, very family orientated.
Pros
Dress up days
Cons
The sadness that comes along.
Carepartners
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St Thomas OntarioSeptember 16, 2015
This company offers a very good work life and personal life balance. I would recommend this company for employment. You will learn a wide variety of skills from personal care, to feeding a client. You will work close with other staff members and your supervisor which is a good way to be able to provide wonderful service to your clients on a day to day bases.

2.6