CarePartners Employee Reviews

Poor organization
CSW/PTA (Current Employee) –  Woodstock7 December 2016
In order to become successful in any business, particularly when it relates to healthcare, an employer need's to treasure their employees.
When that does not materialize, the company most likely will experience high volume of employee change over.
This is the case with Care Partners and their poor management team, who for whatever reason are aware their company continue to let down and lose their employees, but yet fail to make an effort to improve the situation.
Moving forward this does not look inspiring for a company who primarily depend on government contracts to stay in business.
What happens when Care Partners' current contract with CCAC expires and they will be up for review?
Missed visits will be on top of the agenda as a good reason for CCAC to consider not signing another deal with Care Partners.
Perhaps just then, Care Partners will second guess themselves and recognize if they rightfully looked after their employees then they probably wouldn't need to be nervous about the time when the contract is up for renewal.
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Bad communicators
Disgrace to the Healthcare Field
Recruitment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 December 2016
This is quite possibly the worst organization anyone could ever work for. This company does not care about its patients or employees. The workload was never reasonable, especially for such a poor salary. My offer letter stated that my salary was based on a 30 hour work week, however, I had put in 50-60 hours a week just to keep up, and was never compensated for my time. I did everything from hiring everyone at the branch level, teaching orientation, and managing WSIB claims. For an agency with a ridiculously high turnover (because it really does not take the average human being very long to realize that this company is a disgrace to the field of healthcare) and no concern for the health and safety of its employees (ie: sending untrained workers to special functions, returning injured workers to regular duties without proper medical clearance, constantly overworking employees, etc), there was no possible way my job would get done between 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. CarePartners is a joke, and it's unfortunate that this is a healthcare company with people's lives in its hands. I now work for an employer that actually cares about its employees and the community it serves. I do one-third of the work I did at CarePartners, and yet make three times the salary. Honestly, please save yourself the stress and abuse and stay away from CarePartners.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Long hours, poor salary, poor management
Busy, Intense and Fast-paced
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 November 2016
1. Employment: easy to get employment! This company is fast growing and getting more and more pts from CCAC and private sectors; that is why they always need health care professionals. If you are a nurse with at least 6 months experience they will hire you definitely.

2. Salary and benefits: for nurses they pay per visit rather than by hours. A newly hired RPN would get 17.18/visit regardless of his/her experience. In the niagara branch (HNHB) there is a union now (OPSEU) so the salary will definitely go up with seniority, based on the union's rules. Benefits are EXTREMELY COSTLY; and the bad news is all the benefits are MANDATORY. Gas is paid at 0.42/km as per OPSEU; oncall is paid at 30 per day and if you get calls when you are oncall, you get doubled visit pay.

3. Job security: This company has tooooooooooo many patients to take care of! As a full-time community nurse, theoretically you work 3 days in the first week and 4 days in the second week plus weekends and oncall. But the truth is you are booked almost EVERY DAY with at least 8 visits to do. The HNHB branch receives at least 80 referrals daily from CCAC. That is why nurses are leaving this company because they are EXHAUSTED and OVERUSED.

4. Education and Training: you always have a lot of chances to learn. This company provides paid educaiton at 19.38/hr and you can sign up for IV, dialysis, central line, advanced wound care and other specialised courses. The only problem is the waiting period is TOO LONG. By the way the orientation for new nurse is horrible. They put you 2 days in the office and 2 days in
  more... the field and after all these so called training you are sent out to work in the community on your own. If any mistakes happen to you, you are the one who is liable.

5. Management and co-workers: managers and upper levels always show a respecting attitudes to nurses and psws and tried their best to solve the workers problems. The only problem is the management is so short-staffed and every single manager is burnt out. For this reason it takes time to reach them. Co-workers are GREAT, helpful and warm-hearted. You always get help from them and they are your backups.

I would give the company 3-4 stars review.
Pros
Good coworkers, fair management, lots of works for you to do
Cons
long drive, long hours, expensive benefits, low salary for new hire
Care partners
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 November 2016
Will work with your schedule, allows for sick time. Management excellent. Able to get help in an instant. The work schedule was accommodating.
Pros
Support
Cons
Long drive
not a good place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON11 November 2016
I worked for this company for years, I've had years experience working as a PSW, I wouldn't recommend any young person go into this field, you are nothing but a cleaning lady they do not respect you especially in the homecare sector. I worked for years in homecare .There are a lot of good clients that you just love but than there are the ones that are demanding and they just might not like you because you have red hair a tattoo or your over weight. Please take my advice dont work in homecare go in for a nurse or work in the trades. It will not change, it is good if you have a union but management can still make it difficult. Good Luck thats all I can say
Pros
unionized
Cons
not properly paid for gas and travel time management horrible
Company is a joke
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON26 October 2016
Supervisor are bombarded with different roles and dont get paid enough! No raises for non uinon staff in the last 10 years. Expected to do everything, patient visits, psw supervisings, hiring, orientation, WSIB claims, investigations etc. So regardless if you're new or been there for 10years your pay is the same. No insentive! Very stressful!
Cons
Pay, lack of raises
Poor management
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 October 2016
short staffed always poor management unorganized
overworked poor work life balance
co-workers didn't work as a team
very disorganized
Horrible!!!
Management (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 August 2016
The merging of the Red Cross with Carepartners was a huge mistake! Carepartners does not reflect the principals of the Canadian Red Cross. In fact quite the opposite. The current owner and senior management have no compassion for staff or patients. Management bully both internal and field staff. Would not want this organization looking after my loved one.
Cons
No worklife balance and harass staff at all levels
Awful!!!!!!!!!!
Csw (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 August 2016
Working with this company made me feel like I didnt have a life. I was working 12 hours every day with only 4 days off a month. There's no time to do personal errands or anything. If I needed time off I was always told "sorry we are short staffed" I was also made to work extra hours beyond my availability and when I asked about it, I was told we are short staffed we need the workers. It's a bad company to work for. They don't give you any time and they book you right up between 10-12 hours every day and don't ask you if you wanna work more then 8 hours, they tell you that you will be working in one geographical area and then when you start they send you EVERYWHERE and I mean everywhere!!! They also tell you that you will not being driving for more then 30 minutes unless you agree to it, that's a lie!! They also never give you enough time to drive from one place to the next!! For a 25 minute drive (on a really good day) they give you 15 minutes to drive to the next place. There's never anytime to eat a lunch as you are always rushing to get somewhere due to lack of timing allowed between clients. Awful company!! They don't care about their workers at all!!!! Do not work for them!
Pros
Money (when they properly pay you), amazing clients, driving between clients
Cons
Long hours, don't pay you properly, not enough time to drive between clients
high stress environment due to poor management stills
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 July 2016
the hardest part of working for this company is not having enough support from management.

A typical day working at this company you are given and expected to do so much work that 95% of the time you don't even have time to take a lunch. Everyone is constantly on edge because there is so much work to be done and not enough staff to cover the work load that's unevenly disturbed among the coordinators.

The best part about this position is being able to help a person who is in need of home support, who is either at risk or can not support their daily tasks on their own.
Pros
working 46+ hours per week
Great Job
nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON10 June 2016
Supportive management team, good co workers. Flexible hours, Love helping patients, flexible scheduling, decent wage.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
time management, expectations
Carepartners
PSW (Current Employee) –  kitchener ont3 June 2016
Contracted through ccac. Works well with employers to schedule

hours available.

Fits clients with staff that benefits them.
Pros
Interpersonal staff
Cons
1 hour clients
Rewarding job
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 May 2016
Every day was a rewarding, being with people in need, and being able to provide loving care, as well as looking after staff.
A smile says more than one thousand words. I truly enjoyed my job. Coworkers were excellent.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling, especially in the winter time on snowy and icy roads.
I have learned and bettered myself with the french language, because the services were mainly in french.

Loved every minute of it! Too, bad due to budget cuts, 4 Supervisors were let go, one of them was mine.
Productive and Caring work Environment
PSW (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 May 2016
The Environment is very friendly and supportive of everyone's decisions and suggestions. I learned a lot about being a personal support worker working in a simulated environment.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits
Productive and usefull
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2016
I have learned with my clients to be better person. The job is fine and i have good relation with my co-workers and managers. The hardest part of the job when someone dies. The most enjoyable part of this job is help someone.
Pros
good support
Cons
inconscistent schedule
WORSE company to work with
RPN (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 April 2016
The manager that hired me was horrible. I did not receive proper training that I have asked for. The manager did not give me access to nursing supplies such as hand sanitizers & gloves. I've worked there for 4 months and emailed multiple staff on a continuous basis asking for a device to track my patients/hours/pay-stubs, and they continued to disregard my requests and concerns.

Half a year later to this day, it's the same problem - I am calling them daily to obtain my T4, and again there is no response.
Pros
The patients that you meet are lovely, but not the company itself.
Cons
Poor communication, unorganized
Great company with great opprotunities
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2016
Typical Personal Support Worker positions. Great clients, Great co-workers. Furthering my education in the aging population. I love being able to know I am helping people who unfortunately are unable to help themselves
Efficient and Proud Care to Seniors
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario11 February 2016
This is a home care company providing excellent care to seniors and palliative clients. It is a great job being able to support clients during a vulnerable time in their lives. Being able to provide the care we do enables us to learn about another generation
Fun workplace
Client Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 January 2016
Working at this company is a fun and rewarding opportunity. Day in and day out communication with employees and clients are very favorable. The hardest part of this job is losing clients but the best part is seeing them well again and able to take care of themselves. Co-workers are great to work with, very family orientated.
Pros
Dress up days
Cons
The sadness that comes along.
Terrible company to work for!!!!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 January 2016
CarePartners is extremely unorganized, poor work ethics, terrible management, don't care about their employees, rude office staff.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
don't care about their workers

2.5